Recent Topics

Ads

PTS Patch Notes 29/04/2024

Talk about the development of the emulator and related services.
Check out new and upcoming features to be implemented onto the server.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
JohnnyWayne

Re: PTS Patch Notes 29/04/2024

Post#11 » Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:55 pm

Imo, the patchnotes lack some needed small scale adjustments. Lets take a look at the numbers:

SW and WL are overperforming in SCs, which are the main indication I can get on small scale rvr. KD is considerably higher than other classes, especially on the shadow warrior the divergence between mean and median is alarming. Highly coordinated premades seems to abuse the class for what it is and that might require a proper redesign to fix. WL seems to either offer too much defense or mobility, considering its performance.

Slayer and Choppa are quite close in performance at the moment. If furious stomping is nerfed, a small scale compensation should be considered, as I'd call both classes balanced between themselves.

I am aware it's an ongiong process which is why I am pointing this out.

Ads
Hazmy
Community Management

Post#12 » Mon Apr 29, 2024 11:05 pm

Uberlix wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:10 pm ...
Any word on Choppa Extra Choppin' tactic getting fixed, alongside the corresponding tactic for Slayer? Or did i miss something there?

Those will be included in the final patch notes but yes Choppa and Slayer AoE Bugs are addressed.

Edit: Added some of the important Bug Fixes, relevant to the Balance Notes, to the original post.

Baaldr

Post#13 » Mon Apr 29, 2024 11:18 pm

Looks awesome!

geezereur

Post#14 » Mon Apr 29, 2024 11:50 pm

Looks really nice.

Uberlix

Post#15 » Mon Apr 29, 2024 11:56 pm

Hazmy wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2024 11:05 pm
Uberlix wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:10 pm ...
Any word on Choppa Extra Choppin' tactic getting fixed, alongside the corresponding tactic for Slayer? Or did i miss something there?

Those will be included in the final patch notes but yes Choppa and Slayer AoE Bugs are addressed.

Edit: Added some of the important Bug Fixes, relevant to the Balance Notes, to the original post.
Happy to hear it, thanks for adding the bugfixes to the patchnotes \o/
WWWWWAAAAAGGGGGHHHH!

Omegus

Post#16 » Tue Apr 30, 2024 12:39 am

6 DPS Zealot nerfs vs 1 buff. What happened to the original road map?

Zomega: RR8x Zealot

Aethilmar

Post#17 » Tue Apr 30, 2024 12:45 am

Hazmy wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2024 8:59 pm Image
Balance Changes

- Crashing Wave - Now knocks down on the initial. The initial hit is now fired instantly on pressing the ability. Now counts as direct damage. Also no longer gives Unstoppable (bug fix).

- Crashing Wave - Now requires Improved Balance and leads to Perfect Balance.

- Mighty Gale - Now requires Perfect Balance and leads to Normal Balance.

- Hoeth’s Tempest - Now further increases the power of the knockback.

- Redirected Force - Now deals (150 + 0.67 x DB + 1.0 x WDPS) damage to all targets in front of you within 20 ft (220 degrees) and interrupt any spells they are casting. Cooldown increased from 5 to 10s.

- Crushing Advance - No longer interrupts. Instead Block chance is increased from 5% to 10%.

- Perfect Defenses - Reworked to give 5% Block with an additional 5% Block with Improved Balance and 10% Block with Perfect Balance.

- Calming Winds - Reworked to give 10% Disrupt with an additional 5% Disrupt with Improved Balance and 10% Disrupt with Perfect Balance.

- Ether Dance - Moved to 9 points in Path of Khaine

- Phoenix’s Wing - Moved to 5 points in Path of Khaine. No longer requires Improved Balance, instead now leads to Improved Balance. No longer requires Great Weapon. Action Point cost increased to 35.

- Sapping Strike - Moved to 13 points in Path of Khaine and reworked to: Hex. 35 AP. 5 ft range. Instant. No CD. Requires Great Weapon. Requires Improved Balance. Leads to Perfect Balance. - You deal 5 x (112 + 0.67 x DB + 0.67 x WDPS) Spirit damage over 10 seconds, increasing your chance to critically hit by 10% for the same duration. If you are behind the target, you instantly deal (187 + 1.5 x DB + 1.5 x WDPS) Spirit damage.

Crashing Wave now instantly knocks down the target when pressed instead of having a weird delay.
We swapped the stances of knockback and knockdown as we believe this can lead to better CC rotations into your own burst damage. This change will be closely tracked to see if it has the effect we aim it to have.
For the middle tree, Redirected Force now has the AoE interrupt, allowing both SnB and 2H specs to gain access to this tool. The block of Crushing Advance is increased as compensation.
Perfect Defenses and Calming Winds have been reworked to rely less on your current stance.
The knockback of Mighty Gale when using Hoeth’s Tempest is increased as we felt like the knockback was too weak to warrant a tactic.
At last several changes in the Path of Khaine. Sapping Strike is reworked as the new 13 pt ability. With two great utility options as other 13 pt abilities, this ability is focused purely on buffing your own damage. Ether Dance is moved to 9 pts, which will make it easy to combine with Vaul’s Buffer or Whispering Wind. At last, Phoenix’s Wing takes the 5 pt spot in the tree and is changed to Stance 1 ability and has the 2H requirement removed.
As a skeptical SM main I have to admit this looks pretty nice across the board. Shieldmaster is has some interesting options now and the AOE interrupt change is a good realm balance thing to match Mara.

I'm a bit concerned about the Phoenix Wing change b/c it is more AOE spam in a game that doesn't need it. You don't even need to line it up with the reduced WW to make it go vroom.

Also, general question, is the new Sapping 10% crit bonus supposed to stack with the Balanced Accuracy? I was trying it out on the test dummies and couldn't tell from GETSTATS or from the doll. I don't have an addon to track crits so haven't done any empirical testing.

tazdingo

Post#18 » Tue Apr 30, 2024 12:48 am

bg has an interesting capability to shut down a single big DPS now... will have to try it

Ads
Phantasm

Post#19 » Tue Apr 30, 2024 1:15 am

I tested new cones and ranges of main melee (WL, Mara, SL, Choppa) abilities. Included adjusted Mouth cone.

Great news, Lotsa Choppin/Flurry fixed, including tactics.

Two things took my attention:
  • Channels Retribution, Whirling Axe, Bring it On - 25ft
    but GTDC, Wrecking Ball - 30ft
  • Few skills with spelled "front" are actually closer to 230-240 degree wide.
  • Mouth has better cone, but still pretty narrow especially if u check 2nd and 3 use.
    Again, what other interrupts destro have?
  • Slayers No Escape and Shatter Limbs didnt reach same range as Choppas Wot’s Da Rush and Furious Stompin.

Click here to watch on YouTube

Last edited by Phantasm on Tue Apr 30, 2024 1:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

BluIzLucky

Post#20 » Tue Apr 30, 2024 1:25 am

Omegus wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 12:39 am 6 DPS Zealot nerfs vs 1 buff. What happened to the original road map?

They saw the solo dps zealot video..
SM - Arhalien +80 | AM - Shaheena +80
ZL - Wildera +70 | BG - Blackcrow +70