Recent Topics

Ads

Is PVE endgame viable at Rank 40?

In this section, you will find some advices and basics to start quietly ingame. Question like " I'm lvl 1, what shall i do?", "What class shall i pick?", will find some answers in this place.
WarheroJango

Is PVE endgame viable at Rank 40?

Post#1 » Fri Mar 13, 2020 6:08 am

I've picked this game up after years and I'm frankly having a blast leveling a fresh marauder especially with the double xp boost week but I get the feeling if I push through to Rank 40 with only a rr of 26 I'm going to have some gearing problems later once I start getting some pieces.

But I'm just having too much fun wrecking stuff on a PVE level. If I push through to rank 40 can I still get some decent wearable gear at 40 or should I just spam scenarios and follow the WB herd at tier 4 till later?

My Marauder is currently halfway to level 32.

Ads
Sulorie

Re: Is PVE endgame viable at Rank 40?

Post#2 » Fri Mar 13, 2020 6:51 am

The endgame is pvp, there is no exception. There are high tier pve instances with - depending on class - best-in-slot gear, but it's usually only an addition to pvp-earned gear.
People do pve in order to be stronger in pvp, pve itself is not the selling point.

With your low rr you will have a hard time to pvp in T4. When being 40, you can join open warbands and follow/hide in the zerg, where your bad gear doesn't matter.
Having you in a T4 scenario, where individual performance matters more, could be a bad experience.
To get at least to rr40, you could use -xp scroll, bought at warcamp quartermaster, to reduce xp gain.
Dying is no option.

WarheroJango

Re: Is PVE endgame viable at Rank 40?

Post#3 » Fri Mar 13, 2020 8:02 am

Ah alright then.

Sounds like I'll just have to tone it down till my RR rank gets higher.

Still feel less brickish than the original client but then I may not have simply enjoyed playing a Chosen