Recent Topics

Ads

[LFG] Oldie Live Player [NA/EU]

Swarms of Destruction can annihilate any line of defence. Destruction players look no further! Guild advertisements are posted here.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
kauyon1

[LFG] Oldie Live Player [NA/EU]

Post#1 » Mon Apr 17, 2017 3:57 pm

Hello,

TL;DR - I'm trying to lock myself down to a needed class and find a good home. Looking for suggestions.

RL;PR - I was a major WAR (live) player pretty much front to back. Multiple toons over RR80 and one reaching RR100. I was the blog personality Mr. Meh if you were into that kind of thing. I meant to come to ROR years ago, but only finally did a couple weeks ago. And the addiction is back. I want all those feelings again, and I'm getting the majority.

My issue is in 3 weeks I've filled all 20 character slots and played through to the mid teens on each to try to figure what I want to go forward with. So before the routine answer of "play what you enjoy" my request is tat "I enjoy want is appreciated". In live, that meant I basically played a WP (3 times due to server dying, yes I had 3 WP over RR40) and then ultimately the DOK in the later half of my WAR days. I like being needed. Which ultimately, T1 has taught me that tank tank is the most appreciated thing on Order and MDPS is Destro's love. It seems like Destro is the underdog.

Basically, I want to at least put my head down on one toon to get to T4 and see for real how different ROR is from WAR.

1) In Your Opinion - What class do you appreciate most for 6 man teams, whether AAO RVR roam, SCs or PVE?

2) What guilds are a good place to aim for that fit the NA TZ (with a lot of EU time play) and prefer organized grouping versus zerg? (Not necessarily looking for an invite today, just want to know who to look for when I get there)

3) Not really seeing it in the listings, is there a RP friendly DE guild?

4) If you recognize any my characters from PT/Gorfang give me shout. Nikh (DOK), Laeg (WL), Nicholaes (WPs). Guild associations with OU, Arsenal, Morne (MOAN), FATE, Clockwork Orange, Roisin Dubh.

Appreciate your feedback!

Ads
th3gatekeeper

Re: [LFG] Oldie Live Player [NA/EU]

Post#2 » Mon Apr 17, 2017 5:38 pm

kauyon1 wrote:
1) In Your Opinion - What class do you appreciate most for 6 man teams, whether AAO RVR roam, SCs or PVE?

2) What guilds are a good place to aim for that fit the NA TZ (with a lot of EU time play) and prefer organized grouping versus zerg? (Not necessarily looking for an invite today, just want to know who to look for when I get there)

3) Not really seeing it in the listings, is there a RP friendly DE guild?

4) If you recognize any my characters from PT/Gorfang give me shout. Nikh (DOK), Laeg (WL), Nicholaes (WPs). Guild associations with OU, Arsenal, Morne (MOAN), FATE, Clockwork Orange, Roisin Dubh.

Appreciate your feedback!
Cant really only help with #1.

1) GOOD Tanks seem to be of short supply these days. Same with HEALERS that HEAL (I know... strange isnt it). I would say DPS are usually the 1 thing that neither side lacks. On Order tons of SW/BW (and recently WL). On Destro youll see tons of Mara/Sorcs running around. Order seems even more in short supply of good tanks (usually tons of RDPS) and Destro is in short supply of tanks that use guard, and healers that use out of party heals... (these are for PUGs). Usually when I make groups, healers seem to be the 1 thing we always need more of though. I can usually put a group together with 2-3 tanks and 2-3 DPS but rarely ever get 3 healers that all want to play....

So for this I would say choose either: Tanks or Heals. I would probably lean you towards healing since that was your LIVE experience and hopefully you enjoyed that and from my experience, thats likely the LEAST populated "role"... If you want a change though, grab a tank, and guard! "Guard" is in short supply these days as everyone wants to "DPS".
Sulfuras - Knight
Viskag - Chosen
Ashkandi - Swordmaster
Syzzle - Bright Wizard
Curz - Marauder
Andrithil - Blackguard

Aurandilaz

Post#3 » Mon Apr 17, 2017 8:32 pm

Since so many people have so many alts, the "urgent need" shifts almost daily, as people switch between their dps/healer/tank according to mood/need.
Good tanks are rarely oversupplied, same goes for exceptional healers. Then again, classes like WL/Mara or Sorc/BW will be appreciated if played well.
Am/shaman are very hot now, as their leech-heal is current FOTM.
WL for now is maybe at its strongest and the bane of every gobbo and clothie.
Marauders provide a debuff arsenal that is unmatched and continue to pull people to their deaths.

peterthepan3

Post#4 » Mon Apr 17, 2017 8:59 pm

if you decide to make a tank (a kotbs ideally), our guild is always looking for good tanks to roam with us. we're mostly british/EU, but play into american hours regularly and play with NA dudes a lot. 6man roaming/sc etc.

kauyon1

Post#5 » Mon Apr 17, 2017 9:18 pm

Thanks guys. I realize that if you play something well it's always welcome. I just always like to be wanted. Sounds like Tanks (tank tanks) are the need.

@peterthepan3 - Interesting on the KOTBS. Is Chosen/Knight the go to due to the easy CC?
We used to make fun of that class in live as "my first tank".

Also, Clown as in the famous Badlands' Clown (WP)?

And I was going to go destro due to the population imbalance. I'd rather have constant AAO than standing around for realm locks. Maybe things are different in ROR. Is the Order dominance not what I think?

CegeePegee
Former Staff

Post#6 » Mon Apr 17, 2017 11:01 pm

if you're going to be playing during NA hours I think you'll find that order tends to have superior numbers. It of course fluctuates just like it did on live but *right now* order usually has the advantage numbers-wise.