Recent Topics

Ads

Returning player seeks guild

Swarms of Destruction can annihilate any line of defence. Destruction players look no further! Guild advertisements are posted here.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
gobchaos

Returning player seeks guild

Post#1 » Wed Aug 09, 2017 6:26 pm

Hi I am just returning to the game my prev account was deleted due to inactivity I am guessing. Im experienced in pvp and pve though I dont like large scale battles in pvp i prefer small battles an ganking. I've played a lvl 75 huntress on shadowbane for a couple yrs and was an officer in Marmot Mauraders a guild in shadowbane. Also have many years xp playing everquest a popular pve game in which I boxed a lvl 100 mage and 100 ranger. I also played live on RoR but never really got into post t1 pvp as I was a member of Twink Academy until they pissed me off I left the guild and spent my time on order side killing Twink academy members as I saw it more a challenge and i had a grudge to settle LOL. I am very laid back and quiet. Dont want to be in a guild where I have to use voice chat as I am uncomfortable talking to strangers. I hope to hear from your guild, my main character is Plinkton SH rank 8 RR 9.

Ads
CegeePegee
Former Staff

Re: Returning player seeks guild

Post#2 » Wed Aug 09, 2017 7:56 pm

you may find it hard to find a small-scale rvr guild that doesn't require the use of com's. It's pretty much vital to the success of your 6man/roam group. If you change your stance on that I imagine there are several guilds that would be happy to have you :D

HissiCNesS

Post#3 » Wed Aug 09, 2017 8:49 pm

Don't be disencouraged u still can form 3 man grps with a tank n healer, be in comms but only listen to the calls and focus dmg on ur prey. ;) i've done the same with 2 friends in the t4 rvr lakes and it was hell of a fun!! :) i didn't say a word btw... XD

Anyways welcome to tha biggest WAAAGH!! Enjoy ur time here and feel free to add my destro toons below! ;) \m/
Crondar Ravenclaw (MA) / Rennoc Fleshtearer (BG)
Adrovar Warpbender (MG) / Kurgog Gorkamork (BO)

Wigbrand Jaeger (WH) / Lorandriel Moonfang (SW)
Belenos Endovelicus (BW) / Brawlgrim Thunderaxe (SL)

AVENGE THE DEAD, FREE THE ENSLAVED!

gobchaos

Post#4 » Thu Aug 10, 2017 2:19 pm

thanks for the encouragement Hissicness, I find it hard to believe to be a viable guildie u have to be on voicechat. I guarantee u I can play well w/o having to hear a command. Besides being able to play well w/o direction......priceless! Hard to believe guilds arent lookin for guerrilla warfare players as the strategy has worked well in the past to stymy asian players lol.

If you need me to hear you to be a friend then u wont see me when I kill your enemy!

shaggyboomboom

Post#5 » Thu Aug 10, 2017 2:23 pm

Good luck with finding a guild thats good and doesn't use voicecomms...

peterthepan3

Post#6 » Thu Aug 10, 2017 2:24 pm

gobchaos wrote:thanks for the encouragement Hissicness, I find it hard to believe to be a viable guildie u have to be on voicechat. I guarantee u I can play well w/o having to hear a command. Besides being able to play well w/o direction......priceless! Hard to believe guilds arent lookin for guerrilla warfare players as the strategy has worked well in the past to stymy asian players lol.

If you need me to hear you to be a friend then u wont see me when I kill your enemy!
Being on comms will increase your efficiency tenfold. No matter how good you are, being able to listen to commands - as opposed to trying to 'guess' what the leader wants - will make for a much better group.

It pains me to see how a great many people refuse to use comms in a PvP game. It's not essential, but will help you a lot (even if you don't have a mic).

Anyway welcome back :)

gobchaos

Post#7 » Thu Aug 10, 2017 5:19 pm

Hey I never said the guild had to be the biggest and best. I've had the most fun in guilds where there isnt high demands being placed on people. I guess I'm seeking a more casual guild than what the people have been replying too. It's a shame a disability keeps a good person from joining a guild in RoR. Tell me would order deny me a guild just because I'm uncomfortable talking or having mic/voice chat setup?

dansari

Post#8 » Thu Aug 10, 2017 5:45 pm

To answer your question, yeah most guilds might (only regarding PvP situations). For us we prefer you to be on teamspeak, at the very least to listen. If you're not listening you're more of a liability because you're not moving with the group. That being said, there are certainly more casual guilds out there that won't require you to jump in voice comms. I wouldn't let that deter you from your search.
<Salt Factory>

Ads
peterthepan3

Post#9 » Thu Aug 10, 2017 5:50 pm

gobchaos wrote:Hey I never said the guild had to be the biggest and best. I've had the most fun in guilds where there isnt high demands being placed on people. I guess I'm seeking a more casual guild than what the people have been replying too. It's a shame a disability keeps a good person from joining a guild in RoR. Tell me would order deny me a guild just because I'm uncomfortable talking or having mic/voice chat setup?

nearly every single guild in the game is casual so you'll be fine, np. i didn't mean talking btw, just listening. dunno why people have issue with even that but to each their own.

Sulorie

Post#10 » Thu Aug 10, 2017 6:01 pm

IMO it is better to just play the game and meet random people, talk or write with them and ideally have a good time playing together. Friendlist them and build a relation.
Joining their guild would be the last step.

Joining random guilds, where neither you, nor the guild, know each other, feels wrong to me.
Dying is no option.