Recent Topics

Ads

Dual Wield and Greatweapon balance

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
Bowldancer

Re: Dual Wield and Greatweapon balance

Post#321 » Thu Nov 16, 2017 8:51 pm

Arteker616 wrote: slayer 2hander works just fine , its only overshadowed by skavenslayer and the fact u need power T in a grp to realy use it at his full potential , not pug friendly but does indeed ST realy hard .
plenty of choppas runs 2hander but its more for the look than otherwise as it doesnt have sinergy slayer do thanks rampage and spameable spellbreaker,
I have to disagree here. If you filter the Armory by RR - there is only 1 Slayer in the top 20 using a 2hander - me. And i rarely see another Slayer with a 2h. I can tell you I am only doing it for the looks, the animations and because i feel ID is boring. Once in a while i go Skavenslayer and the difference is drastic. Even when you solo-roam dualwielding Trollslayer is performing better due to +10% parry. And what synergy are you talking about ? You lose 1 tactic slot and half the duration of rampage and all your survivability for better ap-management and a disproportional small gain in single-target damage. Even a BW is tankier than a Slayer in red - and he can stay in the back.
Grimmsch Grimnirsson (2H Giantslayer, 40/85)
Spoiler:
40+: 2H-CHOPPA, AM, RP, WP, SM, IB, KotBS, WL, WH, BW, ENG, SW
Alts in T4: SHA, SH, BO, BG, CHO, MAR, WE

Ads
TenTonHammer

Post#322 » Thu Nov 16, 2017 8:52 pm

NoRKaLKiLLa wrote:I think it's clear that 2h is still drastically underperforming for all classes that are capable of doing so, besides sword master. Slayer, choppa, BO and chosen are all looking at less effective builds when 2h at this point, as is evident in the prevalence of strict builds being run. How often do we see a SM with a shield, or a choppa with a 2h?
2H IB, BG, and SM are all strong and viable

Slayer 2H is "good", spell breaker, and devestate are both useful tools the problem lies with you being forced to run no rage drop inorder for the 2h playstyle to be viable which is just too risky to run

Choppa 2h is a joke No more helpin? dont need it when you have soul killer which is easier to apply and has higher uptime, tired already? you got No in da face for that so the only thing you got going for it is weaklin killa with is a poor finisher even with 15% crit tactic

bo 2h is just a joke having da big un just be another tool for stat steal is not all that special

freshour
Banned

Post#323 » Thu Nov 16, 2017 8:57 pm

Azarael wrote:I'll keep it brief.

Dual wield grants the useful 10% parry bonus and the chance for more procs because you attack 46% more often than with a two-handed weapon of the same weapon speed.

Great weapons grant the useless 10% block strikethrough bonus and, some say, better burst potential because slower weapons have a 54% chance to outdamage the initial attack from a dual wield weapon of the same speed, at the cost of fewer procs.

I'm proposing changing the useless 10% block strikethrough to 10% parry strikethrough instead.

Any objections?
So since DoK has no Proc anymore, and since WP was given 10% parry strikethrough on at least one of their paths (not sure if it was both) - I get it, we get 10% parry, but they have a 10% parry buff ability. Ours is -10% parry strike through but it can be.... you got it! PARRIED! Soooo I wasn't sure if this was going to be looked at again since the entire benefit of dual weild being procs - and we don't really have any on ROR since the ICD nerfs.... can this at least be looked at?

Darosh
Banned

Post#324 » Thu Nov 16, 2017 9:05 pm

A rather unconventional idea:
Slap a tiny block chance trait on 2h, if only for the lols.

Would go just fine for Chosen and their giant 2h's.
It'd do nothing for dps but give 2h tanks a tiny edge in terms of guarddamage.

On a serious note:
You'd probably have to add/remove traits based on class-by-class case.
E.g.: Slapping rage modifier onto Choppa/Slayer 2h, avoidance onto tank 2h and so on. Or vary the strikethroughs and other traits based on weapontype; GS, Hammer, Halberd or defensive/offensive (scenario/PvE) - it'd create incentive to steer of the meta circlejerk and tamper with builds, rekindle farms and economy.

We had such a system for WP/DoK, iirc, that dealt with the detaunt.