Recent Topics

Ads

DoK/WP with book/chalice...

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
istvar

DoK/WP with book/chalice...

Post#1 » Thu Feb 18, 2016 7:23 am

So seeing how we changed the WP 2hand passive, would it be possible to change equiping tome/challice to debuff dok/WP armor to other backline healers armor values???
would seem like a good step into making other healers more viable choices in groups...
happy to debate :D

Ads
Minerva

Re: DoK/WP with book/chalice...

Post#2 » Thu Feb 18, 2016 7:36 am

No.
"Behind every successful Man there is a Woman
Healing his a** from the backlines." - Paulo Coelho

Minevra AM -- Minervae RP -- Minervas WL
Some Secret Destro Toons
Tyriss WH -- rr90 -- Karak-Norn RIP

arthur2k

Post#3 » Thu Feb 18, 2016 7:39 am

I dont think you need to change the armor value of a wp or dok, but other balancing issues i would like to see since the class is rather OP.
Karak-Norn Destruction, we öwnd.

Sigimund

Post#4 » Thu Feb 18, 2016 7:40 am

Back line WP/DoK healers are very powerful. My highest renown character in live was a WP and I agree that they overshadow other healers.

I disagree with this nerf though. WPs are not as good at kiting as AM/RP healers. If they had the same armor they would be worse than the other healers, not balanced.

Maybe look at the cooldowns on key healing spells or the regeneration rate on offhands.

istvar

Post#5 » Thu Feb 18, 2016 8:00 am

Well either you force WP/DoK where they belong, i.e frontline, the reason they got medium armor in the first place, or you give them the same weakness as other backline healers i.e low armor
u still have the grp cleanse, low cast time grp heal, low cast single target heal.
alternatively you could maybe reduce ( half? ) the range on their grp heal or something like that :D

Scrilian

Post#6 » Thu Feb 18, 2016 8:45 am

I would say that group cleanse is what makes WP/DoK very strong.
I'm kinda in-between on this one, on one hand I see how in 2 DoK-group it eliminates almost all the burst of my dot-BW, on the other hand I need WP group cleanse to survive on my Slayer :D
Вальтер Рыжий RU => Gaziraga BW, Valefar WL, Lovejoy
Retired
ex-Greenfire/Invasion RvR leader
Wonderful RvR music videos ;)

Bacta
Former Staff

Post#7 » Thu Feb 18, 2016 5:20 pm

I think WP/DoK are fine as they are, they are meant to be a healer that is some what close to the fight, so the armor value is necessary other wise they will run out of Soul Essence and Righteous Fury. They dont have as big as heals as the other classes nor do they have the unlimited AP as AM from Wild Healing. Each healer has its place within RoR.
Bacta AM|Disneys Kotbs| Wiki WP <Foreplay>
Cerebus DoK | Jasselin Chosen <Pillowtalk>

TenTonHammer

Post#8 » Thu Feb 18, 2016 5:30 pm

Being in the back lines with every other healer is hardly what I call being close to the fight

WP and DoK are ment to be front line melee healers

Chalice and books when equipped should shorten the cast ranges of all their healing abilites or something

This medium armor backline healer double resource pool gclense, heal spam bot nonsense needs to stop they should be in the front lines where they belong
Last edited by TenTonHammer on Thu Feb 18, 2016 5:35 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Ads
ThePollie
Banned

Post#9 » Thu Feb 18, 2016 5:32 pm

TenTonHammer wrote:Being in the back lines with every other healer is hardly what I call being close to the fight
Blame the tome.

Penril

Post#10 » Thu Feb 18, 2016 5:35 pm

TenTonHammer wrote:Being in the back lines with every other healer is hardly what I call being close to the fight

WP and DoK are ment to be front line melee healers

Chalice and books when equipped should shorten the cast ranges of all their healing abilites or something

This medium armor backline healer double resource pool gclense, heal spam bot nonsense needs to stop they should be in the front lines where they belong
Maybe reduce the range of their heals while using a Chalice/book?