Recent Topics

Ads

[Suggestion] Make use of free promotional tools

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
Tomerant

[Suggestion] Make use of free promotional tools

Post#1 » Tue Jan 10, 2017 10:23 am

This suggestion goes more to the community which can make it blossom or just ignore it and fail to realize that in less then 5mins they can put this server's name in front of thousands of gamers. Daily. For free.

This site is amazing promotion tool. Especially for such projects as this server.

Warhammer has it's official game profile there and I've already submited my 1st video to be added to video gallery.

How do I promote the game on this site:

- there is option to "check in" to a game.
- find Warhammer
- check in
- post it on news feed (fb home page alike thing)
- mention you are playing it on RoR
- voila, at least few hundred gamers will see your post in one hour

That profile / page could be the largest gathering of WRoR community outside of this place.
There is nothing to loose. Site is amazing.
Register, find Warhammer page, hit a like button and start promoting what you like.
It takes, literally, no more than 5 minutes.

Ads
Gnash

Re: [Suggestion] Make use of free promotional tools

Post#2 » Tue Jan 10, 2017 2:48 pm

Apparently it does not play nice with Blur Privacy App password manager. I created an account, and attempted to 'just register', but it kept erasing the info I'd filled in (four or five times) so I registered through my facebook account: successful(???).

Then was moved to Player.Me "wizard" & prompted to just put in username & password as a 'new' account. Got message 'password cannot be empty' after it erased the info just entered by Blur app; so I tried switching to 'login w/existing account info'; hit 'Next' and whatever page is supposed to load after that has been loading for 5 minutes plus time to type this out. I tried reloading the page 4 times. Still just loading animation.

Any suggestions? Cheers!

EDIT: It 'righted itself' after whining to you in this forum. If you've any cheese it would make my day. In all cereal though: had no problem establishing the new account. Took extra 5 minutes to put up avatar, background, a bit about myself, and posted a message.

I've been encouraging 'massive advert campaign' as the endall to population woes, and it needs to be undertaken by each of us playing. The Devs busy enough. Besides, players draw out more players.

Good hunting, all! :D
Last edited by Gnash on Tue Jan 10, 2017 4:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"You're not 'someone' in this world until you're hated."
-GaruchillaJoe

"Warison"
-A bugle call to attack

wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#3 » Tue Jan 10, 2017 3:16 pm

That specific page has 41 likes and 8 players... I think we will stick to Facebook where we have 8300 likes and a reach of about 12,000.
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog

Tomerant

Post#4 » Tue Jan 10, 2017 10:16 pm

wargrimnir wrote:That specific page has 41 likes and 8 players... I think we will stick to Facebook where we have 8300 likes and a reach of about 12,000.
lol yea, but you are missing the point. This was meant more to community which can use this site for whatever else in gaming needs, while also promoting the server from time to time.
Tell me honestly, can it hurt?

Natherul
Former Staff

Post#5 » Wed Jan 11, 2017 9:06 am

Tomerant wrote:
wargrimnir wrote:That specific page has 41 likes and 8 players... I think we will stick to Facebook where we have 8300 likes and a reach of about 12,000.
lol yea, but you are missing the point. This was meant more to community which can use this site for whatever else in gaming needs, while also promoting the server from time to time.
Tell me honestly, can it hurt?
Cant hurt, but ofc we´d rather see people using our forum for community purposes. :p

There is also ofc unofficial IRC and Discord to use as well :D

Tomerant

Post#6 » Wed Jan 11, 2017 11:21 am

I'm sorry, but I just have a feeling you don't understand what I'm saying :)
I've hit a like on fb, tossed a link to my friends to check it out (doubt they will, spoiled modern gamer boyos), I know fb rocks for business as I run my band's activity mostly from fb account and Reverbnation.com.

Not everyone knows about server and I was just sharing this site for the sake of spreading the word. And you do this because you want many people to play on it, right?
This is basically a tool for those who say : "I'd like to see more ppl."

Well here you go mate. Use the tool.
Yes, facebook is no.1 in numbers but Player.me numbers don't matter because someone doesn't have to hit that like button to SEE you are playing on RoR (something he probably never knew it existed)
You know how I found about RoR? I googled some vanilla wow private servers and it appeared on my video list.

Player.me is just what is says in its name. Site for gamers. It's gaming facebook :)
I'll keep on using it ;)
Just made my last post few mins ago.

Please don't get me wrong, I'm suggesting this mostly from the awesome feeling you guys gave me by experiencing the blast from the past :) And this was mostly suggestion to community, while I get a feeling here that you guys think i'm suggesting it for staff to make something there. I think this server totally deserves more attention and that's mainly reason why I brought this suggestion up in hope to find few more guys who might like the site and pop on the RoR name on news feed from time to time.

spikespiegel84

Post#7 » Wed Jan 11, 2017 11:58 am

Promotion is always good. Finding new channels can be pretty rewarding. There are a lot of friends of mine who played WAR, completely unaware of this awesome project. Can you make a pdf flyer to hang in local nerd shops and communities? You never know. Even if this brings "only" 100 new players, wouldn't it be a win?

Tomerant

Post#8 » Sat Jan 14, 2017 10:48 pm

I'm honored to say at least.

Thanks! From the bottom of my hearth.
Feels nice to be mentioned in such posts. Feels nice that someone understands what you are trying to say and do.
This is what I was talking about.

Further more, it gets even better!
RoR Player.me Profile Page
Now I gotta change my signature :)

Not sure if this profile is made before or after my post. I thought we are not allowed to make profiles of private server projects there, but obviously we can. This just improves my suggestion on so many levels.
Amazing work, by whoever did this. /clap

This is one hell of a community. I'm honored to be part of it.

Come, join us on Player.me :) Make profile, "like" the server page, spread the word between gamers. Everything starts with few "likes" and people behind it. We can grow one nice of a gaming hub for the GAME that these guys are making for US. It's not about Mythic, not about EA, it's about these awesome guys behind this project and about hitting that 1,4k online one day to give them trouble getting better hardware! :mrgreen:

PS - none had to hit the "like" button to see what that guy/girl wrote about you guys (staff). Purely by logging in and clicking on "feed" you get to see everything posted by every member of Player.me community. "like" on this site means pure cosmetics and "competiton". You might have almost 10k likes on fb or followers on twitter, but not everyone will see your posts. Here it isnt such a case. More players use the site, more ppl see you posts. Simple. Player.me is one big gaming family. You won't see toxic comments there, won't see anyone bashing anyone's gaming taste... pure gold for promoting what you like.
Glad I found some folks who are with me on this ;)

EDIT:

Seems like one of ex players wasn't really aware of your existance ;) one by one.... ;)

Ads
Dresden
Banned

Post#9 » Tue Jan 17, 2017 9:42 pm

I have lots of ideas.

I usually drop many of them because they should be dropped.

Sometimes i'm violently forced to drop them.

:D

I know the taste of success, i do, just saying.

EVERYTHING THAT IS 'HELPFUL' IS A CONTINUAL AND INTERMINABLE JUDGEMENT CALL.

EVERYTHING.

:lol:
. -= Cult Of Chaos =- GUILD -= Cult Leader =- . -= Kagaz Wrathson - The Decioblidevannihilator - Black Orc =- .
. -= Dresden RoR Info - 4 pins and counting! =- . #WAAAGH ^_^ #AllSilenceIsGolden @_Q

Dresden
Banned

Post#10 » Wed Jan 18, 2017 9:35 am

All RoR Social Media Collected

A measure of success?
. -= Cult Of Chaos =- GUILD -= Cult Leader =- . -= Kagaz Wrathson - The Decioblidevannihilator - Black Orc =- .
. -= Dresden RoR Info - 4 pins and counting! =- . #WAAAGH ^_^ #AllSilenceIsGolden @_Q