Recent Topics

Ads

Magus/Engineer Pet

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
Shmerrick

Magus/Engineer Pet

Post#1 » Sat Nov 18, 2017 1:32 am

I suggest making the Magus and Engineer pet an instant cast. I am hoping that this will get these classes into the fight sooner by building up their damage multipliers faster. Possible increase in AP cost to offset instant cast change.

Ads
NSKaneda

Re: Magus/Engineer Pet

Post#2 » Sat Nov 18, 2017 1:47 am

You can have insta-cast turrets and daemons with a tactic Well-Oiled Machine / Chaotic Attunement
RoR: Burszui SH, Ropopuch SHM<|[]|>Ginnar IB, Vidarr HMR, Runatyr RP ++ REV guild ++
Live: Karak Izor -> Karak Norn - Yarpaen IB, Ginnarr SL, Volundr ENG +Ithilmar's Chosen+
* * * playing 19 classes - running out of char slots * * *

Shmerrick

Post#3 » Sat Nov 18, 2017 1:51 am

NSKaneda wrote:You can have insta-cast turrets and daemons with a tactic Well-Oiled Machine / Chaotic Attunement
I agree, but I think a tactic isn't needed.

NSKaneda

Post#4 » Sat Nov 18, 2017 1:53 am

Matter of perspective, all pets require time to cast unless you equip tactic (I've got lots for SH for example). Pets give significant dmg boost hence the time and GCD requirement..
RoR: Burszui SH, Ropopuch SHM<|[]|>Ginnar IB, Vidarr HMR, Runatyr RP ++ REV guild ++
Live: Karak Izor -> Karak Norn - Yarpaen IB, Ginnarr SL, Volundr ENG +Ithilmar's Chosen+

SilverWF
Suspended

Post#5 » Sat Nov 18, 2017 1:58 am

Only WL can cast on the move, that is reasonable.
Why high mobile class like SH can't cast on the move, or instant etc (and he is only has such huge CD on pets) - I can't understand.

Engi/Magus pets... Dunno, this is stationary classes, they have HUGE bonuses (here) for their pets, allowing to instacast would be too much IMO.
Bretin: "destru classes are in general better for solo play" :lol:
A lot of addons here | Just a few T3 vids from live game | Remove IP-blocking at forum!

Lektroluv
Suspended

Post#6 » Sat Nov 18, 2017 2:00 am

NSKaneda wrote:Matter of perspective, all pets require time to cast unless you equip tactic (I've got lots for SH for example). Pets give significant dmg boost hence the time and GCD requirement..
I've go lots for SH, doesn't let you summon another pet withouth cast time.... that tactic only let`s you skip the pet versión recasting cooldown instead of wait the 30 seconds cooldowns pet classes have.

You have to use Taste like chicken or the self-destruction ability, for beign able to summon pet instant, and withouth that tactic you are not allowed to summon the same pet version (Spiked,Gas,Horned or the normal useless one). Because the cooldown is 30 seconds.

On the part where you say pet's give significant dmg boost, since the SH Pet weapon dps nerf, line of visions nerf and abilities not matching the tooltip and the damage they should be doing (Gas squigh is not even doing 1/3 of what tooltip say, in lvl 37 normal NPC'S) no they arent doing that much claimed damage boost.
Instead the Shadow warrior, has more base damage in abilities for make them equal, and since SH pet had all those nerfs (and bugs) and suffer double mitigation with lower base and splited damage betwen toughnes and armor, actually the pet damage is **** at best.
Last edited by Lektroluv on Sat Nov 18, 2017 2:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

NSKaneda

Post#7 » Sat Nov 18, 2017 2:05 am

SilverWF wrote:Only WL can cast on the move, that is reasonable.
Why high mobile class like SH can't cast on the move, or instant etc (and he is only has such huge CD on pets) - I can't understand.
Squigs give engie-like bonuses (range, crit, tough+small aoe heal, taunt) and you can preload them with disarm, coordinate burst with few keybind tweaks... And you have two insta-cast skills (taste like chicken and farty squig to rotate them quickly without the need for tactic (true, once your squig dies you are in trouble but a bit of kiting and snaring can go a long way).

That's a huge advantage. I admit that SHs are eons away from WLs in terms of burst, dmg and general OPedness but imagine insta-casting lions or beastmasters...

Edit: as far and engie/magus goes resummon has really long range, few maps you can cast your turret/daemon in WC and resummon on enemy WC/Keep... In rvr situations as long as you're not rifting you can follow front line with relative ease thanks to it

Lektroluv
Suspended

Post#8 » Sat Nov 18, 2017 2:27 am

NSKaneda wrote: Squigs give engie-like bonuses (range, crit, tough+small aoe heal, taunt) and you can preload them with disarm, coordinate burst with few keybind tweaks... And you have two insta-cast skills (taste like chicken and farty squig to rotate them quickly without the need for tactic (true, once your squig dies you are in trouble but a bit of kiting and snaring can go a long way).

The normal Squigh, you say it taunts... doesn't affect the player attacks, only affect the pet attacks and i can asure you that pet is not even hiting for 30hp, it is the worst pet, the one nobody use, and the basic one, the taunt only affects himself attacks which are 2 and both have a base damage which it is an insult for a T1 character (not even talking about t2-t3-t4).

That supoused Taunt which is not a Taunt, it is a joke... even the pet is Melee, and of course is afected by area attacks, not like White lion one, which can hit like a truck. nothing compared to what SH mele pets do.

Actually, i am pretty sure, if we make a duel with a 0 points spent white lion's specialized pet, against a full specialized melee squigh herder's pet in a 1pet vs 1pet fight.... the White lion pet, will stomp the Squigh melee pet, before lose a 15% of white lion pet life standing in a jokeable diference of power (and this is very easy testeable)

Ads
Shmerrick

Post#9 » Sat Nov 18, 2017 2:47 am

I appreciate all of your feedback, but I am specifically talking about the Magus and Engineer pets, which by the way, are awful. The change I'm promoting is a marginal buff if anything.

NSKaneda

Post#10 » Sat Nov 18, 2017 2:55 am

Like I'd written: SHs are eons away from WLs and WLs are a class of their own, OPed since launch.

Back on topic of engie/magi pets instacasting - I'm against it since it is already possible and in my opinion this change would call for changing of pet-casting on other classes.