Recent Topics

Ads

Nordland Tier 1 RVR changes

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
lokenoth

Nordland Tier 1 RVR changes

Post#1 » Mon Nov 20, 2017 3:09 am

Having spent a lot of time in Nordland recently testing out a few characters I realised that unlike the other Tier 1 zones nordland with its current map layout and BO locations really encourages yoyoing in and up from Festenplatz either to one another warcamp, or up to Harvest Shrine. Leaving just the Nordland the only isolated BO. I'm aware the 4th BO was taken out in Live for its very biased, position that not only favoured destro but also the defender so I'd not call for that to be instated.

Now I'm unsure just how much of the game can be changed, but I was curious if it would perhaps be possible to turn Nordland into a more eventful area that would provide some basic training for players to practice keep assaults, fetching siege and playing towards the objective.

My Proposal goes as follows, now as I don't know the specifics of what can and can't be changed currently I'm going to assume this is mostly wishful thinking.

Festenplatz: Festenplatz when captured transforms into a barricaded area. Using the Empire / Chaos barricades and a portal to function as a gate. In addition A champion mob appears at its centre. Festenplatz from then on functions in a similar fashion to a keep. Requiring Siege to break down the gate, and the champion must be killed to be able to flip the BO.

Nordland XI: Nordland functions as a normal BO but when captured Allows up to 3 cannons to be spawned to be used against the gate in Festenplatz

Harvest Shrine: This works similar to Nordland but instead of cannons it allows up to 3 pieces of artillery to be spawned instead.

Zone Win condition:

Defender: Hold Festenplatz, Harvest Shrine and Nordland until Festenplatz ranks up to 5. (The time it takes to reach 5 should scale with the size of the battle.
Attacker: Festenplatz is overrun, Harvest Shrine and Nordland are locked down for 3 mins.

Ads
Vilhelmina

Re: Nordland Tier 1 RVR changes

Post#2 » Mon Nov 20, 2017 7:37 am

Wow! That's a big request for changes. I'd be surprised if the devs could manage to implement all this (or care). T1 is fine as the kiddies-pool, for me. It's new players first taste of RvR and doesn't need much changing - except for faster donkeys.
Then when they hit R16+, they can enjoy all the siege/artillery stuff in the merged T2/3/4.
Last edited by Vilhelmina on Mon Nov 20, 2017 11:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

Nidwin

Post#3 » Mon Nov 20, 2017 10:57 am

The bo commonly called the boat is actually one of the most interresting bo's in T1 and gives the underpopulated side an advantage to hold it if they can get organized.

The ability to wall up the entrance give it a strategic fight that is often lacking in T1.
Nidwinqq used teabag Magus [Hysteria]

Fallenkezef

Post#4 » Mon Nov 20, 2017 11:19 am

Nidwin wrote:The bo commonly called the boat is actually one of the most interresting bo's in T1 and gives the underpopulated side an advantage to hold it if they can get organized.

The ability to wall up the entrance give it a strategic fight that is often lacking in T1.
The trick is enough warm bodies behind the tank wall so the other side can not bunny hop over and go for the healers
Alea iacta est

Hargrim
Developer

Post#5 » Mon Nov 20, 2017 12:39 pm

As a person who work on RvR now I can say that the above is very unlikely - it would require a lot of work for some possible minor gain in T1 which is left after around 10 hours and never visited back by most of the player population.

I'm not really a fan of fixing things that ain't broken, because it really doesn't have an end.

lokenoth

Post#6 » Mon Nov 20, 2017 3:24 pm

Hargrim wrote:As a person who work on RvR now I can say that the above is very unlikely - it would require a lot of work for some possible minor gain in T1 which is left after around 10 hours and never visited back by most of the player population.

I'm not really a fan of fixing things that ain't broken, because it really doesn't have an end.
See I'd expected a response similar to this, It is nice to know though you could see it leading to a positive (Even If minor) change. I'd argue that the change would actually have echoes into Tier 2-4 in terms of player understanding. However something needs to be done to foster some kind of understanding of the worth of siege equipment earlier on in the game.

There has been drastic changes to siege and siege equipment from live so prior knowledge of the live system isn't really useful. Heck I didn't even know cannons were permanent until I was told about it, I just rolled my eyes and grimaced at the price when people shouted for siege equipment going "Well I'm too poor to pay 5G for a one shot item that will last me 5 mins." (When I entered tier 2 that is) There isn't much information given about the current siege mechanics either.

So bouncing off that what about adding additional Quests to the RVR lake, Quests that require people to take cannons and get siege equipment kills, or artillery and get player kills. As I've attended many keep assaults where people haven't deployed any equipment both Order and Destro side. And it happens way too often for me to believe its a general laziness issue but more of an educational one, and even if it is a laziness issue then incentivising the use of the siege equipment should help combat it.

Fallenkezef

Post#7 » Mon Nov 20, 2017 7:23 pm

Level 16 to 40 is plenty of time to learn siege mechanics.
Alea iacta est

Hargrim
Developer

Post#8 » Mon Nov 20, 2017 7:42 pm

All I can say: we have limited resources (dev time) and T1 work. When we will have working forts and capitals it might be wortg revisiting T1 to allow for smooth transmision between tiers, but for now I'd like to see next step implemented or next dungeon added instead of fixing something that is not broken.

Ads