Recent Topics

Ads

Keeplord mechanic

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
dansari

Re: Keeplord mechanic

Post#51 » Thu Jan 04, 2018 4:38 pm

I hate the passive aggressive dev bashing that seems to appear in threads like these. It never accomplishes anything, but I do love the responses that normally result.

@Hargrim - to be fair the thread is a little all over the place so I was just voicing frustration in a general manner. My perspective is that the keep Lord fight is frustrating and unfun, echoing some of the sentiment in this thread. I honestly like everything else about the campaign. The mechanic changes that were brought about were excellent. I'm even ok with the 50% passable door change that some are frustrated with because it forces you to adapt to your ram being destroyed, etc. But I consistently dread it when I find myself in a keep offense because I know it will last much longer than people think, we probably won't take the keep, and we'll probably get wiped after the seventh coordinated push because the Lord is only at 40% hp after 25 minutes. Ideally, your enemy should have a chance to defend their keep, then a chance to push hard and wipe you on the Lord. This is never the case (from my NA perspective), given that sometimes your opponent can respawn several times before you're even close to taking a Lord.
<Salt Factory>

Ads
CaledorTree

Post#52 » Thu Jan 04, 2018 11:02 pm

dansari wrote:
@Hargrim - to be fair the thread is a little all over the place so I was just voicing frustration in a general manner. My perspective is that the keep Lord fight is frustrating and unfun, echoing some of the sentiment in this thread. I honestly like everything else about the campaign. The mechanic changes that were brought about were excellent. I'm even ok with the 50% passable door change that some are frustrated with because it forces you to adapt to your ram being destroyed, etc. But I consistently dread it when I find myself in a keep offense because I know it will last much longer than people think, we probably won't take the keep, and we'll probably get wiped after the seventh coordinated push because the Lord is only at 40% hp after 25 minutes. Ideally, your enemy should have a chance to defend their keep, then a chance to push hard and wipe you on the Lord. This is never the case (from my NA perspective), given that sometimes your opponent can respawn several times before you're even close to taking a Lord.
I also forgot to mention how much I admire the overall job these guys have done until now. 4 years after official shutdown and here we are. Changes are smart, and they have more pros than cons, so they are good. I might miss the solo roaming t2 zones, but action is much better. Also fast lvling. BOs with champs WAS a waste of time. A proof that NPC's are actually a timesink.
Keep it up guys, at least we know you hear us.
Hargrim, you hovering? you use Warbuddy??? :P
Hargrim: This project is not a democracy and I don't want to take the mantle of mod, but inb4 lock
Achilleos: From my own experience I don't think you will be having this signature for long.

Aurandilaz

Post#53 » Fri Jan 05, 2018 12:14 am

Random idea:
Add extra PQ mechanic to the keep lord fights:
The lord is aided by 12 champions, 4 on bottom level, 4 in lord room, 4 on rooftop. They spawn every 1-2 min depending population. When one champ is killed, lord take 2-4% more dmg (maybe adjustable to population), giving the Lord an incoming dmg increaser buff on the death of a champion. These champions could also have HP pools adjusting to size of population and AAO.
During off hours, maybe just one WB could send one party to kill rooftop champs in 10-20 sec, then have those players return of lord spanking, and send other party to kill bottom floor champs, then have those return to spanking.
And during peak pop hours, the champs could be defended by rooftop funnels, denying attackers those champs, prolonging the siege, or have defenders reclaim bottom, denying those champs for faster kill.

Just some brainstorming, but there could be extra mechanism that take extra measures to either aid or prolong the siege depending on population, making it maybe extra challenging during real large fights, or making it maybe slightly easier and faster during offhours.
Even nastier, if left alone, champs could cast absorb bubbles and strong heals to the Lord, meaning you couldn't just ignore them for fast keep siege.

Hargrim
Developer

Post#54 » Fri Jan 05, 2018 6:58 am

CaledorTree wrote: Hargrim, you hovering? you use Warbuddy??? :P
Just dev magic.

Darosh
Banned

Post#55 » Fri Jan 05, 2018 7:11 am

Tbh, make it more finnicky and force the players to sort out their mess - add some proper, super-obvious particle effect to Lord aggro that sticks for 30s and only slowly fades over time; let new Lord aggro refresh it, so that peer pressure becomes a thing. Maybe add a longlasting (24hr for the lulz) particle effect upon reset....

In old MMOs stupid, selfish and obnoxious got dealt with by the community, and most members of the insufferable trinity ceased their garbage antics within due time, as the games became just as unplayable for them as for those unsuspectingly playing with them.

Aside from that, reading the salty chat can still yield wonderous entertainment...

covenn

Post#56 » Fri Jan 05, 2018 3:29 pm

Darosh, I think it would sort itself out rather quickly if the lord one shot anyone outside of the lord room that drew agro. Heh

Not to mention it would be super amusing.
Irony - Phoenix Throne (on live)

Currently playing order

VonEpic
Suspended

Post#57 » Fri Jan 05, 2018 10:00 pm

There are actually two features already implemented, but scarcely used, to prevent these issues;

-Communication

-Teamwork

AAAYYYYYYYY that's a joke.

Kragg

Post#58 » Fri Jan 05, 2018 10:56 pm

Hargrim wrote:
CaledorTree wrote: Hargrim, you hovering? you use Warbuddy??? :P
Just dev magic.
I still have fond memories about the Gyrocopters sweeping over Altdorf at the Dwarf King event. :oops:
Sergeant-Major Drengk Burloksson, RR 85 Sniper
Hulfdan Irongrip, RR 81 Ironbreaker
Proud Founder of the 3rd Bitterstone Thunderers
Alliance officer of the Grand Alliance

Ads