Recent Topics

Ads

Scenario balance restore

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
xarborn

Scenario balance restore

Post#1 » Tue Jan 30, 2018 10:22 am

Hello dear developers,

My feedback to you!

In the last months, weeks and days i saw the topical scenario balance. In my opinion i see the not fair balance everyday. Sometimes the order or destruction have to much healers, tanks or damagedealers than the other side. It´s crying from my side to you, but the fun of the game with this scenario balance is really terrible. The best that you do, is a survery at the players.

I´ve found out of a friend of me, you can programming the scenario look so put the balance again in 1:1 is restored. Clear there is there the waiting periods consider what then, however, concern I think many players become obviously his rather 5 or 10 minutes to wait on a scenario this is compensated than of every minute one it is indicated then unfair has balanced.

I would be glad this really sometimes in attacked increase to your side from

Your Welcome, Xarborn

Ads
Fallenkezef

Re: Scenario balance restore

Post#2 » Tue Jan 30, 2018 12:13 pm

When was it the dev's responsibility to control what classes are rolled?

I am constantly annoyed at the lack of order tanks, so I am leveling a tank.

Devs do not have the time, nor I suspect the client control, to create SC limits on classes.

Also thier main focus is and always will be rvr
Alea iacta est

Noiree

Post#3 » Tue Jan 30, 2018 1:52 pm

Actually, that got nothing to do with client control. Stuff like this is server-sided BUT the pool of players is way too small to want to engage in balancing. Also, GMs said that (and I quote here) scenarios are just a "mini-game". From dev-side, focus will be on oRVR.

Imagine the waiting times from 6-man premades for pug SCs... I can almost hear the whining and the following "remove the changes!". Also, you can't go by classes, you have to go by specs. Do you ask the "self-identification" into the three archetypes from each player before every game (which could be wrong and a client-side element would have to be introduced) or do you just assign the archetype based on specced path + gear?

All in all, unbalanced SCs aren't that common, they just appear to be (negative emotions go deeper in memory). And what is balance anyway? Perfect archetype setup but your side only consists of lowbies while the other side is a weird mix but mostly high-lvl players?
Like I said, the size of the player-base doesn't allow to go for special selection otherwise no more mini-games. Even Blizzard doesn't manage to get their archetype-selection going in the lower brackets and their player-base is huge even in leveling ranges.

The only thing I'd ask for to restore balance number-wise: shorten the invite time to 30 secs without the chance to increase the duration 1 min. Would fill in the gaps quicker.
Noiree - Archmage
Annnoying - Disciple of Wayne

gone with the wipe - RIP:
Annoying Lilpieceofsh - Disciple of Khaine, Bikinibabe Withoutbeach - Sorceress, Kekshirn Derkruemlige - Shaman

Natherul
Former Staff

Post#4 » Tue Jan 30, 2018 6:05 pm

As Noiree stated it can be controlled and it has been in the past.

It was removed as the pop times became excessively long (from what I heard like an hour on primetime and not at all for NA).

So this is not likely to change to being enforced again.