Recent Topics

Ads

My RvR ideas for RoR !

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
Armoz
Suspended

My RvR ideas for RoR !

Post#1 » Sat Aug 04, 2018 2:01 pm

Hello guys!

I've been working on some ideas i think could help make RvR in RoR something special. Let us be honest here and understand one thing. Age of Reckoning was and is still one amazing pvp game unfortunately a lot of people don't even know about anymore. That needs to change and we also have to admit that many things about RvR need to change ( of course im not saying that my ideas will do that but perhaps inspiers some changes. And sorry for my grammar, im not English but i will do my best to get my ideas accross ;)).

But lets get started, i must warn you the list will be very long.

1. Battlefield Objectives ( BO's )

Since most fighting in RvR lakes takes place around BO's anyway then i think we should look into ideas that would help us redesign some of the mehanics and make things a lot more fun and interesting. More people we get to come out of the warcamp and actually fight the better it is for the overall experience. So lets dive right in <3
  • All 4 BO's have to be locked before you can attack both keeps
  • Bring back BO guards! ( We need guards, strong guards around BO's so that people can't just go and cap these with a few people, you need a WB to kill these )
  • Create a system for RVR that randomly selects which BO to capture. Since it's random it can also select the same BO for both factions to capture ( just something fun, something never seen in this game before )
  • Each BO is assigned a siege engine, if the current system is removed and this system added then BO's wont generate Stars for the keep anymore, but grant a siege engine for people to use in keep attacks ( 4 BO's = 3 Cannons and 1 Ram. Siege equipment can be spawned only in WC now. Siege equipment merchant is not interactable before all 4 BO's are locked. I don't see why people need to pay for the siege equipment, its not such a big gold sink i guess but still big enough where a lot of people rather not spend it )
  • BO's take 5 minutes to lock. During that time the enemy can come and claim it, that will also reset the timer.
  • After capturing the BO it becomes unattackable for the next 20 minutes. ( This will remove BO camping which is the worst thing to have in a game about fighting and conflict )
  • Remove XP/RR/INF ticks at BO's. ( That system is broken and hurts the community rather than bring people together )
  • Capturing BO's should be rewarding enough to make people wan't to defend them hard or capture them from the enemy ( Bring back the XP/RR/INF reward for capturing BO's. Current system gives little to no reward and it takes so long for people to actually level up in RvR which is frustrating for low level players or people who have a job which is a lot of us. We need to think about everybody! ;) )
  • When all 4 BO's are locked down and all siege eqipment is spawned then the RVR lake becomes under siege. This system will lock down all BO's for the next 45 minutes ( During that time Attacking faction should be able to capture both keep and capture the zone but that timer can obviously be adjusted how devs see fit )
  • When 45 minute Siege timer runs out and enemy faction decides to capture the BO's then locking down a BO now despawns one siege engine even when in the middle of siege. ( Nobody should know which BO is assigned to Ram or which ones for Cannons. Now locking down a BO will despawn one siege eqipment it was assigned to. Siege equipment is still attackable but should now have more hitpoints, this giving both factions a chance to actually take keeps better )
2. Keeps in RvR lakes!

Keeps are the ultimate objective, i think we should look into ideas that would help devs redesign some of the mechanics and make things more interesting
  • Bring back the ability to hit the door by players like it used to be. ( This will give people something to do and make them feel like the contribute more, this should also count towards loot rolls )
  • The outer keep door should be attackable by both players and ram, actual keep door only by Ram ( This would be something different than we are used to and again makes things a little more interesting )
  • New Siege system for Tier 3 and 4 keeps ( Since Tier 3 and 4 keeps are bigger then maybe add some other objectives in there for people to capture! Something like Left wing and Right wing BO's. These would affect the oil spawn and keep door healing ability or perhaps when capturing both it affect the keep lord health and when defending faction wipes the attackers then holding these objectives would heal the keeps door and the lord but we can't make these buffs too dramatic and strong, im sure there are a lot of stuff we could come up with that would make siege in bigger keeps a lot more fun )
  • Keeps should have stronger quards and killing them gives XP, RR and INF. More AAO defending faction has stronger the guards are, this giving defender a chance to defend better. ( Guards wont spawn again unless attackers are wiped and both keep objectives captured by defending faction and second time killing them wont grant you anymore rewards, this preventing people from wiping intentionally for more rewards and before you say "who would do that???" lets be honest, there are all kinds of people out there. So killing these guards is a one time reward during the siege )
  • Both keeps are attackable once all 4 BO's are locked down and zone becomes under siege ( During this time of course attackers can choose which keep to attack, or attack both at the same time. This brings some cool tactics into RvR where you can try and fool your enemy into defending the wrong keep while your main force rushed the other one )
3. Zone lock/Region lock

Zone lock is obviously the main objective in every zone but Region lock is the most rewarding and that awesome feeling you get when you deny the other faction. But lets talk about Region locking and what this could mean for the overall rvr experience. So lets see what we could do here ;)
  • In order to lock down one zone you need to capture all the BO's and both keeps ( Very easy to understand concept and makes a lot of sense )
  • Zone lock rotation starts with t2 zones and ends with t4 and in the future with Forts ( Again easy to understand but the current system we have is so broken and it doesn't make much sense, perhaps im not getting the idea behind it, so im sorry who ever designed it im sure had good intentions but sometimes some ideas just don't work )
  • Capturing all zones in any Tier will region lock it ( So what this means is that once t2 zones are all captured by one faction then that tier will be region locked and next region will be unlocked. For Example Locking Tier 2 zones open all tier 3 zones, locking tier 3 zones open all tier 4 zones and locking all tier 4 zones will in the future unlock fort siege, after fort siege tier 2 zones unlock again. Or make it random, but all zones in one tier have to be captured and region locked in order to unlock next region )
  • Region lock rewards should be great ( Locking down a region is a lot of work, and lets be honest its not going to happen all too often so the rewards should be big and rewarding and that of course is for the devs to decide )
  • After Tier 4 and in the future Forts get captured and region locked then BO's in the unlocked region become neutral with BO guards on them and then the system will randomly select which BO to attack next but the keeps will stay for the faction who captured them
So this is it for now, i have some other things in the back of my head and when i find the time to put them down on a paper then i will definitely let you in on them. I do realize that a lot of this stuff is very ambitious and some of these things probably can't be done. But its ok ! im just hoping that some of this stuff will actually inspire some new exciting changes. I love this game and i've loved this game ever since i played it in beta, A lot of us were very sad and hurt by the fact that our beloved game was shut down. This was my very first introduction to the MMO world and this game gave me the competetive edge i have when it comes to RvR and i am so greatful to you guys who take time out of your own busy lives and let us play this game. All my ideas are inspired by my experience over the years of playing this game and i just want you guys to understand that taking someone elses advice and listening to feedback is a positive thing, we have seen so many games look the other way when it comes to player feedback and many of those games are dead now, so lets learn from their mistakes and do things the right way. You don't have to be a rocket scinetist to make a difference, all you need is a chance to be heard and a chance to be accepted. We all deserve that!

See you guys all in game. my character named are Armen Zanthor, Balthorin Zanthor and Mellnir Zanthor!!

May RoR become a better version of the game we already loved before!

Ads
Yaliskah
Former Staff

Re: My RvR ideas for RoR !

Post#2 » Sat Aug 04, 2018 5:39 pm

Hoy !!

There are some RvR posts with lot of players opinions here and there :

viewtopic.php?f=15&t=27295

viewtopic.php?f=15&t=27415

Theseus

Re: My RvR ideas for RoR !

Post#3 » Sat Aug 04, 2018 6:26 pm

Well, the bo guard idea has its advantages, like it would counteract those hit and run tactics and circling on Bos. Also loaners couldnt take Bos anymore and groups would be required for any major feat in the lakes. That would be good. The big disadvantage would be that defenders would have a big and possible unfair advantage if they show up to defend it. A bit like with the keeplord. It would be fine with me, as for me the advantages outweigh the disadvantage, but I dont think everyone sees it that way.
Andyrion Ulthenair
Arphyrion Soulblade