Recent Topics

Ads

Healing thru floors?

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
FinalTidus21

Healing thru floors?

Post#1 » Tue Feb 12, 2019 3:42 pm

So Gates of Ekrund is the pug sc.

I started thinking I was pathetic when I was apparently only fighting 1 other person on the second floor near the middle. Another time I noticed a healer running around casting aoe heals by themself under the second floor. I was baffled. Then one day I realized, they're casting aoe heals thru the ceiling and floor and they teammates are being healed...

I have asked other rank 40's if it's true that you can cast groups heals thru floors and ceilings and they said yes. My question is why? Why do we want healers a floor below their teammates healing them thru ceilings and floors? IMO, it's ridiculous.

My suggestion is to make it so they can't do that. IMO, you should have to see the person if you're going to cast on them.

Comments/discussion?
"We all know shepherds don't like the sheep. They either want to **** them or fleece them... or eat them."

-Christopher Hitchens regarding "free work"

Ads
Sulorie

Re: Healing thru floors?

Post#2 » Tue Feb 12, 2019 3:54 pm

You can only use aoe heals, which is quite bad to heal focus dmg. When all enemy healers are one floor below you, then they will have trouble to keep their team alive. Just focus targets.
Dying is no option.

FinalTidus21

Post#3 » Tue Feb 12, 2019 4:06 pm

Sulorie wrote: Tue Feb 12, 2019 3:54 pm You can only use aoe heals, which is quite bad to heal focus dmg. When all enemy healers are one floor below you, then they will have trouble to keep their team alive. Just focus targets.
Yeah the problem I found doesn't come from the matter of fact they are aoe healing. It comes from that they have many direct healing, and then one or some aoe healing underneath. It doesn't make sense at all. It sounds like a buff to healing that doesn't make any sense?

I guess they may have trouble differentiating from a ramp and a floor. If that's the case, it is what it is.
"We all know shepherds don't like the sheep. They either want to **** them or fleece them... or eat them."

-Christopher Hitchens regarding "free work"

Gangan

Post#4 » Tue Feb 12, 2019 4:15 pm

It was like that since live. You don't need LoS for grp-heals. Iirc it's not possible right now to change this mechanic, due to the way it was build by mythic.

I remember keep fights were dozens of healer stood on 3rd floor spamming grp-heal while the wbs was fighting in lordroom 😁
Pächter des Wahnsinns
Gangan - SH 75 .... Blumnmoscha - BO 63
Scophis - Zealot 73 .... Drengur - WP 64
Iznogoud - Sham 50+ .... Bixo - Engie 50+
Apogemoth - Magus 40+ .... Loarelle - AM 65
originating from Drakenwald

Gangan

Post#5 » Tue Feb 12, 2019 4:16 pm

Double post :?
Last edited by Gangan on Tue Feb 12, 2019 7:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Pächter des Wahnsinns
Gangan - SH 75 .... Blumnmoscha - BO 63
Scophis - Zealot 73 .... Drengur - WP 64
Iznogoud - Sham 50+ .... Bixo - Engie 50+
Apogemoth - Magus 40+ .... Loarelle - AM 65
originating from Drakenwald

Skullgrin

Post#6 » Tue Feb 12, 2019 5:09 pm

This is just another artifact of the poor z-axis design that was implemented by Mythic. The game engine doesn't seem to keep proper track of height. Think it is the same thing that allows pets to pop onto keep walls, the reason that you can shift into PvE mode when passing under skybridges in Kadrin Valley, and can instantly die tripping over a rock in lots of different places around the world.

Unfortunately Mythic coded it this way (probably to get around having to deal with setting up better z-axis code for swimming) and as it is a core engine component fixing it will not be easy, if it can be fixed at all.
Thargrimm - Chosen 40/88
Thargrimmm - Ironbreaker 40/80

Martok

Post#7 » Tue Feb 12, 2019 5:29 pm

In context of the fantasy magic in play, if you grant the energies of an AOE heal would advance along the Z-axis as well as the X and Y, in other words in the form of a bubble, then it makes perfect sense. I never had an issue with it. I mean this is a fantasy based game after all.
Blame It On My ADD Baby...

wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#8 » Tue Feb 12, 2019 7:17 pm

You should probably come into a game and learn the basics, not try and get them rewritten because you don't like what you discover. Group heal is a R20 ability. It's been in RoR since T2. We have no reason to modify it, it works fine.

Another random demand that will hopefully be ignored by staff, as we all learned in the last thread, responding in any way only managed to antagonize further responses instead of serving to dissuade.
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog

Ads
Tesq

Post#9 » Tue Feb 12, 2019 9:47 pm

FinalTidus21 wrote: Tue Feb 12, 2019 3:42 pm So Gates of Ekrund is the pug sc.

I started thinking I was pathetic when I was apparently only fighting 1 other person on the second floor near the middle. Another time I noticed a healer running around casting aoe heals by themself under the second floor. I was baffled. Then one day I realized, they're casting aoe heals thru the ceiling and floor and they teammates are being healed...

I have asked other rank 40's if it's true that you can cast groups heals thru floors and ceilings and they said yes. My question is why? Why do we want healers a floor below their teammates healing them thru ceilings and floors? IMO, it's ridiculous.

My suggestion is to make it so they can't do that. IMO, you should have to see the person if you're going to cast on them.

Comments/discussion?
i dont know about z axis matter but regardless, the game also work in this way because fight / push in some enviroment where you can easiely zaap in/out of los would make impossible heal; so of course between st heals and group heals they made general area heals for the group ignoring los. You can experiment this problem quite a bit in murkain temple.

about GoE scenario, dispatch any melee to solo kill the healer, then just have him charge up and finish the rest of team; or just ignore it and focus what's up; since the healers down there cant cleanse mean any heal debuff = target dead

saupreusse
Developer

Post#10 » Tue Feb 12, 2019 11:02 pm

Skullgrin wrote: Tue Feb 12, 2019 5:09 pm This is just another artifact of the poor z-axis design that was implemented by Mythic. The game engine doesn't seem to keep proper track of height. Think it is the same thing that allows pets to pop onto keep walls, the reason that you can shift into PvE mode when passing under skybridges in Kadrin Valley, and can instantly die tripping over a rock in lots of different places around the world.

Unfortunately Mythic coded it this way (probably to get around having to deal with setting up better z-axis code for swimming) and as it is a core engine component fixing it will not be easy, if it can be fixed at all.
Being in pve underneath bridges in rvr is designed that way. The devs can change this behaviour already but its a tedious task since it has to be done for every single bridge and requires a bit of photoediting aswell as a few lines of code. As far as i can tell its possible to make aoe heals so they require los. At least the devs were able to create completely new abilities for sh so i dont see why this would not be possible. But it has been like that since live.