Recent Topics

Ads

Fortress siege + gold bag rolling feedback.

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
Solutar

Re: Fortress siege + gold bag rolling feedback.

Post#61 » Fri Mar 01, 2019 10:49 am

Natherul wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2019 7:18 am
Drysill wrote: Thu Feb 28, 2019 7:04 pm After couple fort sieges, these are the things I suggest:

It is one thing 96 vs 76 + 1 lord, and completely another 50 vs 40 + 1 lord. When population is low, defenders always win easily. You can see that. Make Lord scale with population.

The best way to get gold bag if you are in defending realm, its not to actually defend the lord.. its to camp spawn location of attackers and inta kill them over and over…. Do that and BiS gear is yours.. Instead there should be negative contribution on that cowards and take back the gear…

Attackers should get at least 12 gold bags as its far more difficult to kill than to defend lord

Finally, is there stacking contribution on each roll for bags? Like the rest T4 increased chance with each zone?
As stated a few times already, Lords DO already scale, both from the result of stage 2 and from pop.
Bags are not stacking contribution.

Anyway, there is quite a few changes to forts coming this next patch, Im constantly monitoring and making changes as needed.
All Hail the Devs.
Loved by Few,
Hated by Most,
Respected by all.
https://www.twitch.tv/solutar

Ads
Kragg

Post#62 » Fri Mar 01, 2019 11:00 am

We have come to the point where people in Destro tell people to move to Troll Country, or even tell people to stay in warcamp, and let Order take Black Crag so they can get a second go at RR and Invader farming. :/
Sergeant-Major Drengk Burloksson, RR 85 Sniper
Hulfdan Irongrip, RR 81 Ironbreaker
Proud Founder of the 3rd Bitterstone Thunderers
Alliance officer of the Grand Alliance

Rockalypse
Former Staff

Post#63 » Fri Mar 01, 2019 12:31 pm

Kragg wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2019 11:00 am We have come to the point where people in Destro tell people to move to Troll Country, or even tell people to stay in warcamp, and let Order take Black Crag so they can get a second go at RR and Invader farming. :/
Why would you stay warcamp, when you should stay in IC on portal spot :lol:
Jokes aside it is sad.

Valarion

Post#64 » Fri Mar 01, 2019 1:52 pm

Xergon wrote: Mon Feb 25, 2019 11:16 am So yea... Defending Fortress too easy for defenders they say right ?

Destro just stormed Reikwald w/o much issue, Order sitting in Lord Room, didnt try to push when Lord did AoE Punt on Destro, let enemy regroup, build morale and push with morale. WB that i was in, despite having somewhat proper setup collapsed like paper, no counter m4 from tanks, nothing, i only managed to pop my m4 but thats all.

Our WB had 1 BW, 4 SL, 2 Eng 1 SW, 2nd WB had 2 BWs and 3rd WB had 10 WLs 4 WHs :D :D :D... oh and yeah 4 SMs in our WB were 2hd aswell.

More Napalm needed.

Less Pussycats.
80+ WP/Dok/RP/Zealot 60+ AM/Shaman/Knight/Chosen/SM/BO/BW/Sorc 40+WL/Eng. SW deleted

Wyzard

Post#65 » Fri Mar 01, 2019 4:49 pm

Having experienced a few more forts my perspective on them is changing. I think they are looking reasonable in most aspects although I can see room for adjustments.

The lord isn't too tough but it is the player base that is in need of the "bootcamp" of fort failures to shape up. I think over time this will get better.

By far the most interesting part is phase 2, which I wouldn't mind seeing take longer than it does. You get battles on walls and such, and it is fostering an environment in which leads need to communicate. It would be nice to see the phase two stretched out to the point that defender can actually lock the zone in it, and also reduce the focus on the phase 3 lord section, which is inevitably fought only in the lord room itself, which is a shame in a sense because the Forts themselves have some appealing architectures which I'd like to be able to fight throughout.

Looking forward to seeing what devs bring in next patches.

Thanks for all your work
Archmage : Darktown Strutter
Kobs : Chezybel
BrightWizard : Wyzard Bard

Charon

Post#66 » Fri Mar 01, 2019 5:39 pm

Order perspective

Hmmm .....maybe change fort entering phase. Split it into two steps. Firstly allow to enter instance warband leaders with their ppl ranked by influence gained from last zone and after that give acces to smaller grup/solo players. Maybe at least warband leaders will have enough inteligence to prepare working groups for forts.....maybe
Karak Azgal - Haron WP
Karak Norn - Haeroon KoTBS
RoR:
- Chaeron - SM
- Nogrun - magnet eng
- Cheron - i want sorc Black Horror skill for my BW ;)

mikke

Post#67 » Fri Mar 01, 2019 7:07 pm

Just limit fort entrance with requirement of full vanq (or even better full sentinel :mrgreen: )

Nishka
Suspended

Post#68 » Sat Mar 02, 2019 2:07 am

mikke wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2019 7:07 pm Just limit fort entrance with requirement of full vanq (or even better full sentinel :mrgreen: )
Then you won't see many tanks in Forts, because both vanquisher and sentinel are really bad for def tanks. Conqueror is the way to go.
"Well, once there was only chaos. You ask me, order's winning". - Grandmaster Siegfried Trappenfeld

Ads
TenTonHammer

Post#69 » Sat Mar 02, 2019 3:12 am

Be lucky enough for your the oRvR war to puch into forts when you log on instead of being stuck in a zone for like 5 hours

Be lucky enough to be allowed inside the portal

Be lucky enough to get a gold bag

A lot of luck with getting invader and not actually something you can work towards like medallion farming or dungons and it wouldnt have bothered me none as i have full conq/subju weapons

if the devs just hadnt moved the overlord/imperator appearances

and with SC's rarely popping theres a lot of down time with not a lot going on once forts pop and you dont get in

davispeed
Game Artist

Post#70 » Sat Mar 02, 2019 6:55 am

Current Fort situation, Spam AoE eyes close, brain dead and get a gold bag without a sweet on your buttcrack. BiS shouldnt be easy to get they said...

Also, i think we "making progress" on the whole fort thing slowly but surely... The sad part of this is you have to rely on the whole realm(those at fort) to get it done....
]