Recent Topics

Ads

Limit ability to chain Rez

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
Acidic

Limit ability to chain Rez

Post#1 » Mon Nov 25, 2019 10:44 am

Following the recent changes to the cap and the problems with breaking sieges , I would like to suggest a changes based after seeing how the dreaded pumpkins affected the game.

Problem
Defenders hidden from the attackers can Rez in peace preventing any “withering down” of the defenders by attackers while attackers can easily be caught behind walls etc so they can not be rezzed. This also is an issue with players dropping onto rams with little to no consequence. They die so often they don’t even give rr to attackers. The existing debuff is too little of downside to affect the players and is not a deterrent for chain Rezzing.

Note: the debuff I describe is on the player being rezzed so only affecting the ability to chain rezzing a specific player , so no affect to DrWho rezzing the destro hordes just has to wait 30 secs between rezzing the same player if they instantly die.

Solution: reduce the ability to chain Rez .
The solution I suggest is that on each Rez (release and player Rez) the player gains a debuff which prevents them from releasing or accepting a Rez . This stacks in the following way.
1 stack (Initial debuff ) cant be rezzed 30 secs , lasts 30 secs
2 stacks can’t be rezzed 1 min lasts 1 min
Max 4 stacks 2 mins can Rez or release

This means kills and avoiding dieting becomes important and suicide becomes painful
Last edited by Acidic on Tue Nov 26, 2019 2:56 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Ads
OndeTv

Re: Limit ability to chain Rez

Post#2 » Mon Nov 25, 2019 12:37 pm

A good suggestion.

The only issue i see with it, is that it takes away from the fun of individual players which is rarely a good thing. Balance wise it makes good sense though.
~~~~~~~~ OndeTv, Sorceress, <The Art of War> ~~~~~~~~
~~ Onds, choppa ~~ Ondarm, marauder ~~ Helligonden, zealot ~~
~~~~~~~~~~ and many more destro characters ~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~ Proud member of Nagarythe Corps in the old days ~~~~~

Rydiak

Post#3 » Mon Nov 25, 2019 12:45 pm

Or make the rez sickness debuff stack.
Flu brain
Last edited by Rydiak on Mon Nov 25, 2019 12:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Interested in the Grace playstyle but don't know where to start? Check out my Grace guide!

Check out my Damage Calculator. Also includes extra RoR calculators! -Updated for 01/25/24 patch!

OndeTv

Post#4 » Mon Nov 25, 2019 12:48 pm

Rydiak wrote: Mon Nov 25, 2019 12:45 pm Or make the rez sickness debuff stack.
It does stack. Up to a maximum of 5 stacks if you do not let it run out or use a (npc) healer. Perhaps you meant something else?
~~~~~~~~ OndeTv, Sorceress, <The Art of War> ~~~~~~~~
~~ Onds, choppa ~~ Ondarm, marauder ~~ Helligonden, zealot ~~
~~~~~~~~~~ and many more destro characters ~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~ Proud member of Nagarythe Corps in the old days ~~~~~

Rydiak

Post#5 » Mon Nov 25, 2019 12:56 pm

OndeTv wrote: Mon Nov 25, 2019 12:48 pm
It does stack. Up to a maximum of 5 stacks if you do not let it run out or use a (npc) healer. Perhaps you meant something else?
Nah, you're right. I don't die a lot so I completely forgot about that.
Interested in the Grace playstyle but don't know where to start? Check out my Grace guide!

Check out my Damage Calculator. Also includes extra RoR calculators! -Updated for 01/25/24 patch!

Goermsi

Post#6 » Mon Nov 25, 2019 1:17 pm

CD up to 3 mins.
Like it Hard (Drakenwald)
...PVP, nothing else...

Acidic

Post#7 » Mon Nov 25, 2019 1:30 pm

Rydiak wrote: Mon Nov 25, 2019 12:56 pm
OndeTv wrote: Mon Nov 25, 2019 12:48 pm
Nah, you're right. I don't die a lot so I completely forgot about that.
Yes it stacks but in keep defence it matters less as big thing is throwing aoe on the funnel and the effect is not affected by the debuff. So a Rez cd will affect the damage output and allow proper punishment for death

Aurandilaz

Post#8 » Mon Nov 25, 2019 2:46 pm

please think thoroughly before throwing out "ideas" like these

you already have some people going as far as crashing the game to escape death, and your brilliant plan to punish rezzing would be just futher ensure people prioritize fleeing over risk of dying, if you make rezzing even harder or more punitive.
furthermore, rezzing is one of the few ways underdog can remain standing in a fight against superior numbers, preventing total fast collapse when even attempting to defend against larger odds.
making rezzing harder or more punishing would only buff up the zerg, and at this point I'm not sure whether your original suggestion was a brainfart or you really prefer to make the game easier for blob-to-win players.

Ads
Adelmar

Post#9 » Mon Nov 25, 2019 2:58 pm

DrWho would quit the game though.
Adelmar (WH) - RR8X
Audari (WE) - RR7X
Contract (SW) - RR8X

toffikx

Post#10 » Mon Nov 25, 2019 4:22 pm

Aurandilaz wrote: Mon Nov 25, 2019 2:46 pm Not a good idea.