Recent Topics

Ads

[Pet classes] Magus / Engi (WL/SH)

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
Drys

Re: [Pet classes] Magus / Engi (WL/SH)

Post#21 » Sun Apr 26, 2020 4:56 pm

nanakaros wrote: Sun Apr 26, 2020 12:53 pm C: Revert the nerf to pets - Make them benefit from group buffs, group heals etc.
You will end up having flying tigers destroying oil in a blink of an eye.
Exactly. You can't have WL/SH pets on walls kept alive by group heal spam. That's why such a change would need to be Magus/Engi specific - probably adding or changing a tactic makes most sense
Spoiler:
Drystav - Magus 40/6X
Drysthex - Zealot 40/4X
Drystzyk - Chosen 40/5X
Drystax - Mara 24/2X

Drystal - WE 40/5X
Drystmar - DOK 40/4X
Drystelle - Sorc 40/7X
Drysthorn - BG 40/6X

Drystham - Shaman 40/4X
Drystig - SH 40/5X
Drystlak - BOrc 40/4X

Ads
Teefz

Post#22 » Sun Apr 26, 2020 9:47 pm

Drys wrote: Sun Apr 26, 2020 4:56 pm
nanakaros wrote: Sun Apr 26, 2020 12:53 pm C: Revert the nerf to pets - Make them benefit from group buffs, group heals etc.
Exactly. You can't have WL/SH pets on walls kept alive by group heal spam. That's why such a change would need to be Magus/Engi specific - probably adding or changing a tactic makes most sense
So let me get this straight.. your counter argument to balance out playable characters in a pvp game, is the fact that your precious (5gold-one time use clickable) oil will die faster? - I'll agree that some pets can be tough to kill, but in all seriousness, let's try to keep the tin foil hat arguments to a minimum. :lol:

If you read my intial post thoroughly - instead of cherry picking, maybe you would understand that I proposed two ways of doing it. C is/was never an option to begin with. Which people, who have played on this server for a long time, should know by now.
Last edited by Teefz on Sun Apr 26, 2020 10:20 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Wdova

Post#23 » Sun Apr 26, 2020 10:09 pm

Rolled Magus, currently at lvl 35 rr 42. Pet die in 2-3 seconds from rain of fire, which are everywhere in large figts. I agree that pets in general should take only like 5-10%max from AOE source of damage.

About resummon AP is not an issue, but the long CD. Insted of insta cast + 0AP cost tactic I would change it to insta cast and -50% CD to resummon to be 10s only.

I play Changing tree with base range of 65ft range of its skills, with tactic its 85ft which is still in range of BWs Rain of Fire and Engis Phosporous shell which devastating horrors in just few seconds so I cast them far behind me to maximize theyr life time, while I lose theyr assist dammage/debuffs which turn them into just dull increase damage beacons which they werent designed for.
Pigbutcher - Choppa RR80+
Cyplenkov - Marauder RR80+
Vdova - Witch elf RR80+

Hajzl - Swordmaster RR80+
Roznetka - Engineer RR70+

Klikous

Post#24 » Mon Apr 27, 2020 12:40 am

OR, they might increase the range of pet buffs, so we can "hide" our pets somewhere safe ... every pet should have at least flamer range I'd say ... idk why the other 2 pets have to be hugging you to provide the buff. Kinda silly.

medvtank1

Post#25 » Mon Apr 27, 2020 2:06 am

Klikous wrote: Mon Apr 27, 2020 12:40 am OR, they might increase the range of pet buffs, so we can "hide" our pets somewhere safe ... every pet should have at least flamer range I'd say ... idk why the other 2 pets have to be hugging you to provide the buff. Kinda silly.
It is strange how far away you can be from the flamer to get the bonus but not from the other pets... always thought this was a bug or unintentional

Tankbeardz

Post#26 » Mon Apr 27, 2020 12:56 pm

Klikous wrote: Mon Apr 27, 2020 12:40 am OR, they might increase the range of pet buffs, so we can "hide" our pets somewhere safe ... every pet should have at least flamer range I'd say ... idk why the other 2 pets have to be hugging you to provide the buff. Kinda silly.
This won't do anything to make magus more viable in city, which is what a lot of these replies have been addressing.

Klikous

Post#27 » Mon Apr 27, 2020 1:04 pm

Tankbeardz wrote: Mon Apr 27, 2020 12:56 pm This won't do anything to make magus more viable in city, which is what a lot of these replies have been addressing.
I agree with you. I'm just desperate for any help the class can get.

Starx

Post#28 » Tue Apr 28, 2020 12:49 am

Flamer and its eng equivalent were meant to be the mobile summons, so at the time it made sense to have more range on the buff provided given the intended playstyle. I made a bug report and someone else was kind enough to provide the very old patch notes to back it up so the tooltip will probably be fixed eventually.

You gotta understand at the time the changes to pet where made t4 wasn't even out, and for most of this servers life eng/magus pets worked well enough, not great but ya. Release of city is what really shined a light on how bad the pets are, and here we are.

Ads
NSKaneda

Post#29 » Tue Apr 28, 2020 4:08 am

Drys wrote: Sun Apr 26, 2020 4:56 pm
As SH you could park your range squig down at the bottom of the wall (with "stay" command) safely out of aoe and use range buff ;)

I agree that having pets healed would be great. Then again think about WLs and their lions just refusing to die with WP group heals...
RoR: Burszui SH, Ropopuch SHM<|[]|>Ginnar IB, Vidarr HMR, Runatyr RP ++ REV guild ++
Live: Karak Izor -> Karak Norn - Yarpaen IB, Ginnarr SL, Volundr ENG +Ithilmar's Chosen+
* * * playing 19 classes - running out of char slots * * *

Wdova

Post#30 » Tue Apr 28, 2020 9:29 am

I would prefer significaly reducing AOE damage taken from pets over pets recieve AOE heals. If pet must be killed, single target abbility do it pretty well, but theyr 2-3 second lifetime in AOE heavy situations is verry sad. AOE heals make them them live longer about second or two. Now I am talking about Magus horrors and probably Engi turrets. Dont know how much more durable are WLs and SHs pets.
Pigbutcher - Choppa RR80+
Cyplenkov - Marauder RR80+
Vdova - Witch elf RR80+

Hajzl - Swordmaster RR80+
Roznetka - Engineer RR70+