IB | Shield Of Reprisal + Furious Reprisal?

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
Warstrong
Banned

IB | Shield Of Reprisal + Furious Reprisal?

Post#1 » Sun Jun 28, 2020 4:46 pm

Discussion about Shield Of Reprisal + Furious Reprisal

I would like to raise a discussion regarding this Tactic plus the skill.

The base effect of the skill is damage and leaving the enemy on the ground for 3 seconds.

With the tactic, a CD effect of 5 seconds is added during the next 5 seconds.

Problems:
Since Shield Of Reprisal already leaves the target 3 seconds on the ground, it is 3 seconds of the effects of the tactic in vain.
Shield Of Reprisal is a CC and must be used responsibly.

Suggestion:
I suggest adding this tactic to the Shield Sweep skill and assigning the effect to the 3 targets that the skill hits. This skill requires grudge and has a 10 sec CD.

Ads
zakgrin

Re: IB | Shield Of Reprisal + Furious Reprisal?

Post#2 » Sun Jun 28, 2020 5:54 pm

Warstrong wrote: Sun Jun 28, 2020 4:46 pm Discussion about Shield Of Reprisal + Furious Reprisal

I would like to raise a discussion regarding this Tactic plus the skill.

The base effect of the skill is damage and leaving the enemy on the ground for 3 seconds.

With the tactic, a CD effect of 5 seconds is added during the next 5 seconds.

Problems:
Since Shield Of Reprisal already leaves the target 3 seconds on the ground, it is 3 seconds of the effects of the tactic in vain.
Shield Of Reprisal is a CC and must be used responsibly.

Suggestion:
I suggest adding this tactic to the Shield Sweep skill and assigning the effect to the 3 targets that the skill hits. This skill requires grudge and has a 10 sec CD.
If your target gets knocked down, the cooldown increaser doesn't take effect until the KD is over. Tying Furious Reprisal to Shield Sweep has been suggested by a lot of IBs, although I don't know if it ever was suggested in this forum. It would help resurrect a dead skill in Shield Sweep, and give IBs a little more utility, specifically aoe utility (which IBs completely lack, compared with every other tank in the game), while not being OP. The tactic would probably need to move up to where Oath of Vengeance is now, and the grudge cost and regain would probably need to be upped and removed respectively when using the tactic. Note, there would not be a direct mirror for this on the other side, so this might turn into a bit of a flame war.
Zakgrin - rr8x Ironbreaker
Knights of Order
Ironbreaker Guide - Suggestions and Feedback always welcome!