Recent Topics

Ads

[Suggestion] Add 100% exp reduction scrolls

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
Dwarni

Re: [Suggestion] Add 100% exp reduction scrolls

Post#41 » Sat Nov 14, 2020 8:13 pm

nuadarstark wrote: Sat Nov 14, 2020 11:44 am If you put the same effort you put into lobbying here on forums and lvling multiple characters to late 30s into gearing up your "fresh 40" char, you'd be set for the endgame already. Gearing fresh 40 into the starting gear is rather easy and even the upgrade to Vanq/Dom and then Invaders isn't that bad these days.
Crazy Salvation WP Guernios - rr82, full Sov
I know farming players with low gear is too much fun.

The game will bleed out if nothing changes and if devs continue adding more and more gear sets, weapons. If someone makes the suggestion to make it easier for new players to gear up, the answer is: No I had to do all this too. Then if you make the suggestion to add exp stop, it is also not fine, because then the fresh cannon fodder for the full decked players is not coming to oRvR... But in the end the decked out players will stop playing because they get bored and if too few players will continue playing after 40 this game will lose players in the long term.

Ads
Neverever

Post#42 » Sat Nov 14, 2020 8:46 pm

Dwarni wrote: Sat Nov 14, 2020 8:13 pm
nuadarstark wrote: Sat Nov 14, 2020 11:44 am If you put the same effort you put into lobbying here on forums and lvling multiple characters to late 30s into gearing up your "fresh 40" char, you'd be set for the endgame already. Gearing fresh 40 into the starting gear is rather easy and even the upgrade to Vanq/Dom and then Invaders isn't that bad these days.

The game will bleed out if nothing changes and if devs continue adding more and more gear sets, weapons. If someone makes the suggestion to make it easier for new players to gear up, the answer is: No I had to do all this too. Then if you make the suggestion to add exp stop, it is also not fine, because then the fresh cannon fodder for the full decked players is not coming to oRvR... But in the end the decked out players will stop playing because they get bored and if too few players will continue playing after 40 this game will lose players in the long term.
Probably no one will show some empathy to you around here unless they had to restart from a LVL1. The problem is most of these people have well-geared mains and they just level some low level toons once the T4 RVR and SCs get boring. Their experience is limited to that. Trying to be a part of this game as a fresh starter without gold and a high lvl toon to provide support in terms of pots, talis, gear and etc. is beyond their comprehension. As an old player who had to make a fresh start I understand your suffering. I know it is sometimes discouraging to think all the way you need to go to reach the end game players. I would suggest pve. It is probably the fastest way. You can get up to Bloodlord gear which is almost as good as invader.

Dwarni

Post#43 » Sat Nov 14, 2020 8:53 pm

Neverever wrote: Sat Nov 14, 2020 8:46 pm Probably no one will show some empathy to you around here unless they had to restart from a LVL1. The problem is most of these people have well-geared mains and they just level some low level toons once the T4 RVR and SCs get boring. Their experience is limited to that. Trying to be a part of this game as a fresh starter without gold and a high lvl toon to provide support in terms of pots, talis, gear and etc. is beyond their comprehension. As an old player who had to make a fresh start I understand your suffering. I know it is sometimes discouraging to think all the way you need to go to reach the end game players. I would suggest pve. It is probably the fastest way. You can get up to Bloodlord gear which is almost as good as invader.
Thank you, maybe I should really look into PvE, the thing is I had so much fun doing SCs all the time, even not being a twink (what some players accuse me of...).

nuadarstark

Post#44 » Mon Nov 16, 2020 8:27 am

Dwarni wrote: Sat Nov 14, 2020 8:13 pm

I'm currently going through it with my 3rd alt on Ordrer. The first 2 chars there are already BiS for their perspective specs, my SM took me roughly 2 months on non-commital play.

But that's for acting like an ass cause someone disagrees with you.
Raid boss Salv WP Guernios - rr83, full Sov
DPS SnB SM Valianoris - rr81, full Sov

Dalsie

Post#45 » Mon Nov 16, 2020 11:23 am

OP be honest... You don't want to min/max t2+3, you want to min/max t1.
The current XP reduction scroll is more than sufficient to max your gear for your level between 16-39. Easy.

But that's not what you want, is it? You want to max out 1-15, and that will be toxic
Orrud -> Hirn -> Norn -> Marty'r Square

Dwarni

Post#46 » Mon Nov 16, 2020 8:08 pm

Dalsie wrote: Mon Nov 16, 2020 11:23 am OP be honest... You don't want to min/max t2+3, you want to min/max t1.
The current XP reduction scroll is more than sufficient to max your gear for your level between 16-39. Easy.

But that's not what you want, is it? You want to max out 1-15, and that will be toxic
Actually no, I just want to stay at a level at which my char has most of its skills and have fun playing SCs. Of course, I could play semi afk the boring content, called oRvR and have a lot better, faster time gearing up, but as I already said oRvR is so boring, so unbalanced (16-40s in the same bracket) I don't really play it much outside of EU prime time, which I only can if I have some free time.

Today I played my level 29 DPS AM early in the morning (EU time) and I gained 5 RR in I guess 2 hours by solo roaming (I stayed near some others of course, but wasn't in a group), so yeah maybe I should really choose the easier path and not play SCs anymore.

Arbich
Suspended

Post#47 » Mon Nov 16, 2020 11:19 pm

The problem with these suggestion that pop up every now and then is, that they sound a bit dishonest.
I somewhat get the reason for t1 exp stop, because the t1 rvr is different to the t2-t4 one. But at lvl 39? Why? There is no difference in gameplay neither in rvr nor in sc.
Yes, at fresh lvl 40 you may be weak (depends on your lvling strategy), while as lvl 39 you are strong when facing lvl 16-39 having almost all abilities and rr up to 78(?).
So claiming that getting geared up as lvl 40 is a slog and proposing a solution that results in having a decked lvl 39 other people have to face. they maybe want to get to lvl 40 and basically forcing the same ordeal on them you claim to have as lvl 40 doesnt make sense.

I don´t see the reason for any -exp scrolls at all,but these solutions would get a lot more credibility in my view, if they would suggest an optional exp stop from lvl 1-8 and lvl 16-30.(I totally made-up the numbers. basically an exp stop when you are somewhat in the middlegroup of power in your respective tier.)
Arbich-BW/Xanthippe-WP/Schnipsel-AM

wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#48 » Mon Nov 16, 2020 11:24 pm

I don't recall if I've posted in this thread yet, and honestly some of the discussion might be interesting, however the premise for this is a non-starter at ROR. We're not going to provide a way to permanently stay in a lower tier. In MMO terms, this is just twinking, and it has all kinds of problems associated with it that we're not interested in cultivating here.
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog

Ads
catholicism198

Post#49 » Mon Nov 16, 2020 11:41 pm

I was opposed to this at first, but I think a 100% experience reduction scroll wouldn’t be a bad idea if they also imposed a 100% skill effectiveness reduction.

Hitting rr50 by the time you’re r40 wasn’t difficult and neither was gearing up before they nerfed city rewards for losers, aka Order, so I can’t speak to the current grind. Although it can be extremely tedious for certain mastery paths.

Sinisterror

Post#50 » Tue Nov 17, 2020 7:02 am

Reason people like to stay midtier is because scenario pvp is fun. We can pretend that lvl 16 with lvl 40 rvr is fun or bolster makes up for it but this is not true at all and really makes everything zerging. If you dont want to add 100% xp reduction scroll then bring back DE-bolster for rank 40's to rank 36/rr36 and 3 tactics only. and when you are DE-bolstered you can que sc's at lower bracket. There needs to be always lower tier zones active, just make T 2 zones not be part of campaign. When you lock lets say t2 emp/chaos then other t2 zone would open to rvr.

This is because i love the pvp in this game, i mean actual pvp. Small scale / solo roaming with players equal lvls and chance to win. It is getting harder and harder to love pvp in this game which i hate to say ;/ Also battlefield objectives should matter, what was wrong with the bo guard system / bo locked when taken for 10 minutes or so ? If that still existed people who want to zerg the keep can still do that while semi afking and the people who want to REALLY PVP can do so while takin / defendin Battlefield objectives and this brings small scale pvp where you cant semi afk and actually need some skill. Keep the supply running but add more bo's with old mechanic and make them matter. Everbody wins. Zerg surfers and pvp players.

It is baffling to me how many high rr people are oblivious to how most things work but when im thingking about it, not really that baffling when you dont need actually to be good in pvp anymore you can just ride the zerg. Half of the fun is gone from the best pvp mmorpg to exist:E
"To clarify, me asking to developers to go test their own changes is not sign of toxicity or anger, but a sign of hope that the people punching in the numbers remain aware of potential consequences and test their own changes"-Teefz