Recent Topics

Ads

[Garden of Qu'aph] Spectators and view distance

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
Caduceus

[Garden of Qu'aph] Spectators and view distance

Post#1 » Sat Mar 13, 2021 12:46 pm

Hello all,

Yesterday we held the first Friday Fight Night event in the Garden of Qu'aph, which will be a weekly event from now on.

One thing I noticed, was there were quite a few people interested in spectating the fights, however the distance from the plateaus and the fighting ring sometimes made this difficult. The distance is so big, that the fighters often move in and out of viewing distance.

Perhaps some creative solution could be found for this, to make spectating the fights more appealing, especially with an eye on future tournaments that may be hosted.

I do not know if it is possible to increase the distance at which you can see other players for just the Garden of Qu'aph. Otherwise perhaps some lowered spectator platforms could be added. I'm aware that this would require effort for something that is by all means a pretty niche part of the game, but I thought I'd throw it out there.

Thanks for reading,

- Caduceus
"I watched a snail crawl along the edge of a straight razor. That's my dream; that's my nightmare. Crawling, slithering, along the edge of a straight razor... and surviving." - Colonel Walter E. Kurtz

Ads
Detangler

Re: [Garden of Qu'aph] Spectators and view distance

Post#2 » Sat Mar 13, 2021 1:44 pm

The entire area needs to be shrunk down like 33%. I get tryin to make it look like Gladiator and all, but view distance limitations ruin it.
Detangler and alts - 84 Chosen, other 40s - DoK, Zealot, SH, WE, BG, BO
Destro - Mostly Harmless
Tangler and alts - 8X IB, other 40s - RP, SM
Order - Most dishonorable