Recent Topics

Ads

Brackets in ranked was it a mistake

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
Bloodmasked

Re: Brackets in ranked was it a mistake

Post#21 » Sat May 15, 2021 11:31 pm

Remove solo ranked and make group ranked the only option available.

Ads
Sulorie

Post#22 » Sat May 15, 2021 11:38 pm

Bloodmasked wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 11:31 pm Remove solo ranked and make group ranked the only option available.
And the positive effect is what exactly? More pops?
Dying is no option.

mongothebarbarian

Post#23 » Sat May 15, 2021 11:53 pm

Brackets really are the most important thing. I'm sure the Destro players love winning every game at the loading screen but it quickly dies when its like that. Just today when a certain Runepriest hit 1450 mmr and started queuing we went from almost 3 upper bracket games to 0.

TARDIONm

Post#24 » Sun May 16, 2021 12:34 am

in bracket 1450+ 1 game for 2hour today) need change barier or mb remove bracket system and make the group consist of players of different mmr but + - averaged between the two groups
FMJ

Powell

Post#25 » Sun May 16, 2021 1:05 am

zulnam wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 3:27 pm Maybe an unpopular opinion but i'll just say it: i don't care for ranked, never have, and am actually a bit disappointed the dev team spends so many resources on it (i assume it's the pet project of one or two people on the team). What makes Warhammer Online special is not the instanced pvp. If i wanted that i would play one of the dozen modern games that do it just as well if not better.

So...
Spoiler:
+1

GamesBond
Former Staff

Post#26 » Sun May 16, 2021 1:25 am

Krima wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 10:18 pm How to fix?
1-Remove brackets, thats a must.
2-Live event: add more rewards beyond elite, lets say "win 20 ranked games"
3- Add rewards that cost very high currency. I would say cosmetic. ( Its fun to grind ranked, true mmo style. Some players enjoy logging in every single day and play 5 ranked matches.
1- It could be disappointing but we really want to test the brackets system and find the breakeven point to maintain both brackets active, with a separation. Please be patient and thanks for everyone who's testing it.

2- We're also testing the breakeven point of the weekly events.

3- The rewards for S2 will envelop unique items as well as a revamped ranked NPC shop.

Atropik

Post#27 » Sun May 16, 2021 2:03 am

GamesBond wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 1:25 am1- It could be disappointing but we really want to test the brackets system and find the breakeven point to maintain both brackets active, with a separation. Please be patient and thanks for everyone who's testing it.
It just feels like those above 1450 with enough matches played are temporary cut off from queuing, and they wonder, how long will it last? Cause they are the most active players we have xd But its ok for alpha, istn it?
Nicelook | Obey

mytreds

Post#28 » Sun May 16, 2021 2:09 am

space44 wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 7:01 pm add multiple brackets thats spaced apart 100 mmr, make it so players in anni and conq gear cant be with invader and sov gear players.
This. Every other game with this type of ranked matchmaking has more than two brackets, usually at least 5.

Ads
nonfactor

Post#29 » Sun May 16, 2021 5:41 am

There are just too few players playing rankeds to support brackets. What is even the advantage of those? I fail to come up with one even just to play devils advocate. Theres maybe 20
people in the queue and you are splitting that into two brackets? Why? I just cant grasp it.

Powell

Post#30 » Sun May 16, 2021 6:19 am

nonfactor wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 5:41 am There are just too few players playing rankeds to support brackets. What is even the advantage of those? I fail to come up with one even just to play devils advocate. Theres maybe 20
people in the queue and you are splitting that into two brackets? Why? I just cant grasp it.
I think I have to agree with you. Brackets in and of themselves in mmo ranked play can be helpful. I just think the server as whole suffers from a population issue (especially during "peak" NA times it seems), which is compounded with the small pool of ranked players and then further compounded by the brackets like you said.

In an alternate universe where the server is popping with 3200 around the clock we are praising the devs for this move, sadly we don't exist in that universe... yet!