Recent Topics

Ads

Broadhead Arrow Suggestion.

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
Illuminati

Re: Broadhead Arrow Suggestion.

Post#111 » Wed Jun 23, 2021 1:59 pm

Coincidently, Dungeons and Dragons ran into this scenario 30+ years ago with Acid Arrow. If you are coated in acid from one arrow, would you take more damage from other instances of it?

The answer was no. This ability stacking, coupled with x24 AOEs are problematic. Anyone working on balance should always consider the scenario of multiple people doing it, ease of application, etc.
————————————————
Destro: Killamanjaro (80+ Choppa) / Killamanjaroo (70+ DoK) / Unsworn (70+ Chosen) / Illuminatii (60+ Blackguard) / Killaman (80+ Squig)
Order: ?

Bugs reported: 6

Ads
Asherdoom

Post#112 » Fri Jun 25, 2021 1:10 pm

the matter is not easy: if you nerf to NOT stack, will mean that no one will use ever again and it will devastate aoe SW even more; on the opposite side stacking is crazy i get it. You could apply a DOT penalty beyound the first no? For example: 1BHA do 100%, 2nd do 60% and 3rd 20 and limit to 3 BHA. just my 2 cents idea

Ekundu01

Post#113 » Fri Jun 25, 2021 1:24 pm

BHA has been in its current state for over a year at this point. The only changes it has seen since the SW rework was moving it to a later level so it wasn't usable in t1 and it was taken away from Assault stance and now all of a sudden a year later it is some how a problem?

The meta has changed now that some players have figured out a new way to run warbands and the first reaction is to ask for nerfs?

I fear for any other class reworks with how people react to major changes or any other class meta changes.

The sad part is this stacking is no different from stacking any other class that can aoe Dot up players. The only difference is this is the only aoe spec SW has access to so most players zerging in orvr or going to fort are speced for aoe. Engie and magus could do the same thing from longer range and not have all the dots cleansed in one cleanse if you stacked a bunch of the same spec in a wb. Only difference is napalm and mist won't stack but that is a different animal.

If players started running a bunch of aoe dot only wbs that are not SW I fear we would see the same whining on the forums for nerfs.
Trismack

Mepiff

Post#114 » Fri Jun 25, 2021 4:35 pm

Ekundu01 wrote: Fri Jun 25, 2021 1:24 pmIf players started running a bunch of aoe dot only wbs that are not SW I fear we would see the same whining on the forums for nerfs.
As mentioned so so so so so meny times, if you have 3 acid bombs on you and get a forth only the 3 strongest will actually deal damage. This is where the issue comes when you start racking up 15+ stacks The only "counterplay" is having 2x choppa and 2x dok/shaman in every single group and spam dispel since theres so much **** to dispel in a fort where the SW BHAs really get to shine.

And if what people say is true that magus pandemonium does not have a "stack cap" it should be adressed too imo.

Ekundu01

Post#115 » Fri Jun 25, 2021 5:38 pm

Mepiff wrote: Fri Jun 25, 2021 4:35 pm
Ekundu01 wrote: Fri Jun 25, 2021 1:24 pmIf players started running a bunch of aoe dot only wbs that are not SW I fear we would see the same whining on the forums for nerfs.
As mentioned so so so so so meny times, if you have 3 acid bombs on you and get a forth only the 3 strongest will actually deal damage. This is where the issue comes when you start racking up 15+ stacks The only "counterplay" is having 2x choppa and 2x dok/shaman in every single group and spam dispel since theres so much **** to dispel in a fort where the SW BHAs really get to shine.

And if what people say is true that magus pandemonium does not have a "stack cap" it should be adressed too imo.
Pretty sure there is a cap (4max) on how many of each of the same dot can tick on players but you can over stack the same dot just like how you can over cap stats to or apply the same thing just incase something gets cleansed off. It still doesn't change the fact that other classes that have an aoe dot can do the same thing in a warband setting it just requires a little more planning/coordination. The only reason we see so much crying about BHA spam is because it is brain dead easy to do and it is the aoe tree. The stacking dot from BHA only counts as 1 dot it just does more damage per tic up to 3x hence why one cleanse will strip all 3x off instead of having to cast it 3 times. If players want to nerf it down it needs to not strip all 3 stacks off in one cleanse.

SW has to waste 3 globals for 3 stacks and healers only need to waste 1 global to clear off all the time wasted stacking bha i would say that is a pretty fair trade off for the damage it does if left untended to. And the biggest counter play to it is spreading out. Aoe is there to punish people who clump up. The more you spread the less effective aoe is but I guess that is too big brain thinking for the zerglings.
Trismack

Mepiff

Post#116 » Sat Jun 26, 2021 3:36 pm

Ekundu01 wrote: Fri Jun 25, 2021 5:38 pm Pretty sure there is a cap (4max)
Not on broadhead and this is where the entire discussion comes from. :roll:

Ekundu01 wrote: Fri Jun 25, 2021 5:38 pm The more you spread the less effective aoe is but I guess that is too big brain thinking for the zerglings.
Yea hope devs build forts bigger so we can spread out more, SWs aint a problem in RvR never has been and probably never will be. Forts and keep defences is where they are simply too good at what they do with the current way dots never stop dealing damage if stacked

regularspecial

Post#117 » Sat Jun 26, 2021 7:41 pm

You only need to venture into the weekend SC event to see how over tuned BHA is.

Impossible to catch and dealing more damage than anything else.

Something needs to go; you can't be this slippery and also able to rot down entire groups.

Grasthard

Post#118 » Mon Jun 28, 2021 12:33 pm

ETA on BHA nerf?

Ads
Asherdoom

Post#119 » Mon Jun 28, 2021 12:54 pm

Grasthard wrote: Mon Jun 28, 2021 12:33 pm ETA on BHA nerf?

wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#120 » Mon Jun 28, 2021 1:10 pm

Spamming the forums to nerf the other side hasn't had a lot of success historically. It's fun though right?
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog