Recent Topics

Ads

RvR fights instead of PVE keeps

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
facundo7777

RvR fights instead of PVE keeps

Post#1 » Sun Aug 29, 2021 12:46 pm

hello,

we all already noticed that many players would like to go (zerg, switch factions etc) empty zones to lock fast and get bags what is completely understandable because players wants to upgrade their gear etc.
but
we are losing very often good fights cause ppl are bored after some time spend in single zone without any progress and they wont spend like 3,4 or more hours for single bag. Then they switch to empty zone and trying to siege there.

So my idea is too give roll for example for each 60minutes (time is just number could be adjusted) spend in the zone. So for example if someone was actievely playing more than 3 hours, receiving 3 bags depending on contriubtion, current roll etc. (for example rolled white, green & purple, or 2xgold,1 blue etc).

What do You think about that?

Ads
don775

Re: RvR fights instead of PVE keeps

Post#2 » Sun Aug 29, 2021 2:50 pm

cooldown for keep rewards.

Koryu199X

Post#3 » Sun Aug 29, 2021 6:32 pm

Interesting idea, but no. It would allow even lazier players just to run supps mindlessly. For example if we take the greenskin pairing this means I could just run supps in BFP for 3 hours and get 3 bags then a bonus bag for lock if it gets locked. The issue is again player approach, very few players are coming into the zone with the genuine intention to look for a fight (an even fight), most once beat up go get all their mates and come back and zerg that one person, or go looking for zerg and then zerg that one person. Or again if it is even won't even try it on. Another issue is the silly specs like the WH heal/parry are the ones most likely to benefit from this or an increased drop in royals.

Satirico

Post#4 » Sun Aug 29, 2021 10:40 pm

don775 wrote: Sun Aug 29, 2021 2:50 pm cooldown for keep rewards.
Wise! Do that and watch the game getting emptier!

Toshutkidup

Post#5 » Sun Aug 29, 2021 11:31 pm

Bags is part of issue already, players are playing purely for bags / rewards INSTEAD of pvp. So giving another pve bag as incentive IMO just makes it worse. I know you said actively in zone , but running supplies in empty zone isn’t IMO being active. Or taking a 12 man killin solos and avoiding other zones with genuine fighting opportunities.
First RR90 Slayer working towards the top of the mountain.I still solo, still run riposte.

Twitch:https://www.twitch.tv/toshutkidup
My Youtube http://www.youtube.com/c/Toshutkidup

Wraithedge

Post#6 » Mon Aug 30, 2021 12:22 am

Seems like it would offer incentive to levelers to stay around and get pummeled.

Right now when I enter an event zone with my leveling character and find no warbands (or the one that is there is full). Then there is no chance I will stay. Its just ruinous to try to ninja cap points or run sups alone. But if I could get something from it even if I DO get pummeled then at least it becomes an option.

Having events in lower level zones just serves to feed the levelers to the 40s. Its a decent enough time when its WB vs WB but that can be pretty rare. A change like this would give levelers a reason to stick around and be content for some time because win or lose there is still something in it for them.

don775

Post#7 » Mon Aug 30, 2021 5:54 am

Satirico wrote: Sun Aug 29, 2021 10:40 pm
Its already getting emptier and people abuse it, perhaps this is what you advise wiser?

Satirico

Post#8 » Mon Aug 30, 2021 6:03 am

don775 wrote: Mon Aug 30, 2021 5:54 am
Its already getting emptier and people abuse it, perhaps this is what you advise wiser?
Its because bad decisions "the gods" took with rvr that it's dying. Your suggestion is as bad as their decisions. Go help them doing ranked, dumb dungeon and no "one-cares-for" dwarf city.

Ads
don775

Post#9 » Mon Aug 30, 2021 6:11 am

Toshutkidup wrote: Sun Aug 29, 2021 11:31 pm Bags is part of issue already, players are playing purely for bags / rewards INSTEAD of pvp. So giving another pve bag as incentive IMO just makes it worse. I know you said actively in zone , but running supplies in empty zone isn’t IMO being active. Or taking a 12 man killin solos and avoiding other zones with genuine fighting opportunities.
Maybe a different incentive by improving rewards on repeatable pvp related quests such as talk to, scout, deliver, kill, capture, defend in the form of coins/medals/emblems..

For example significantly improve xp for supplies would icentivise involving rookies as well as cooperate, while a better reward for defending vs capturing will incentivise people play defenders, so there has to be some logic on funneling imo.

don775

Post#10 » Mon Aug 30, 2021 6:13 am

Satirico wrote: Mon Aug 30, 2021 6:03 am
don775 wrote: Mon Aug 30, 2021 5:54 am
Its because bad decisions "the gods" took with rvr that it's dying. Your suggestion is as bad as their decisions. Go help them doing ranked, dumb dungeon and no "one-cares-for" dwarf city.
You are just being sour, I said cooldown on capturing keeps as this is practically the OP suggestion.