Recent Topics

Ads

For Honor

Talk about things which are not related to RoR or War.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Dabbart

For Honor

Post#1 » Wed Feb 22, 2017 5:16 am

Anyone else getting addicted to this? Awesome PvP. Kinda sucks getting 3v1d, but hot damn, the action is super fast paced and brutal.

Got me a 20 conq ATM. Hit me up, lordkoo415(PlayStation) if you wanna group or duel or pm me here.
Azarael wrote: It's only a nerf if you're bad.

(see, I can shitpost too!)
Secrets wrote: Kindly adjust your attitude to actually help the community and do not impose your will on it. You aren't as powerful as you think.

Ads
Stmichael1989

Re: For Honor

Post#2 » Wed Feb 22, 2017 5:33 am

If the game had dedicated servers, it would be infinitely better. Peer 2 peer on a game that depends on accuracy and timing is a death sentence.

Case in point, despite anticipating guard breaks and perfect timing, the game does not register a successful guard break counter because the timing window according to the other player has already passed by the time it registers for me. The result is being unable to counter stun locks (for me at least), which prevents any kind of real competition.
StMichael - 40 Warrior Priest
Elhim - 40 Shadow Warrior
Cullexus - 40 Witch Hunter
Teuton Codpiece - 40 Knight
Gritkicker - 40 Slayer

Dabbart

Post#3 » Wed Feb 22, 2017 6:51 am

Oh I know. But that's Ubi. Just how they roll, for some entirely un-****-known reason...

Apparently, ddos attacks happen at higher levels, since yknow, you're directly giving your ip info on the p2p... I get a bunch of DCs, and see em around a lot. But it is a fresh release. They'll figure it out. Or not, and I'll be dueling the same 9 people for 12 years...

Secrets wrote: Kindly adjust your attitude to actually help the community and do not impose your will on it. You aren't as powerful as you think.

Jaycub

Post#4 » Wed Feb 22, 2017 7:47 am

It's an amazing game being ruined by totally poor design choices.

You cant have P2P connections unless it's a 1v1 game only, they went with P2P because "all the other FG's use it" but it's a disaster for 4v4 game modes.

There is also some really terrible bugs ruining the game (if the host alt tabs while full screen mode it crashes every due to a syncing problem) etc... There is also a lot of people drop hacking using stuff like glasswire/netlimiter which is awful.

As shitty a company ubisoft is, they always keep updating and supporting their titles so there is hope. They recently redone a ton of **** for division even tho like 100 still play.
<Lords of the Locker Room> <Old School>

bloodi
Suspended

Post#5 » Wed Feb 22, 2017 4:49 pm

The higher you get in this game, the worse it gets.

First forget playing anything but 1vs1 and 2vs2, if you plan to fight that is and not run after some guy for 5 minutes. Which is a shame considering the amount of time and resources they seem to have invested in the other game modes.

Second, some decisions like feint canceling the attack at the same point and with the same timing everytime is so bad i cant even begin to describe it, Chivalry is pretty similar and has a feint system that is way better letting you actually feint people and make them pay for it, in For Honor they can always expect the same feints at the same time, making them not a feint at all.

Third, "turtle" play is king, you can just stand there and hope the other guy is dumb enough to attack you, everything is reactable except **** like the Warden area attack, which is why Warden is considered top dog, you keep attacking up and mixing it up with unreactable side area attack.

They have people in the team that are proper fighting game players, Ed Ma who got 2nd at Evo 2009 work for them, so i guess not all hope is lost but lets just say that i dont have much faith in this game at all, considering its Ubisoft after all.

Dabbart

Post#6 » Wed Feb 22, 2017 8:57 pm

Well, as conq feinting is tough anyways, but I wouldn't call it bad... I can feint a power to lead to a guard break on most people.

Agree entirely on the dueling and 2v2 though. 4v4 is just that, exceptionally few have any interest in non cheese play. Getting a group on coms helps a lot with this though.

Turtle only works against some classes. They key is knowing your exact attack range, and your opponents.

My biggest gripe is that I can't change keybinds on the PS4...

Edit: what system do you guys play on?

Blasio

Post#7 » Wed Mar 01, 2017 12:20 am

Im planning to buy a new pc just for this. :)

Well... thinking about it. Hard.

Jaycub

Post#8 » Wed Mar 01, 2017 12:33 am

If it did anything right it's optimization, runs like butter on my ancient 7870 and shitty bulldozer AMD CPU.
<Lords of the Locker Room> <Old School>

Ads
GodlessCrom
Suspended

Post#9 » Wed Mar 01, 2017 1:05 am

Agreed on everything bloodi said. Game is waaaay too defensively oriented, andn ot even at high level play. I have never played a fighting game since I was little and played Mortal Kombat, and even I can tech guard breaks and parry attacks around 60-70% of the time after about 20 hours of playtime. If both you and your opponent understand that fact, then it is a whole lot of staring each other down waiting for the other person to attack so you can counter and hit them.

It could be good, but because defense is soooo much better than offense, and defense is rather easy, it makes the game kind of boring quickly. The 4v4 modes are rather annoying IMO.

Chivalry was, and is, way better than this game IMO. All the dudes I used to play with in that game stopped though, so it's kind of a bummer.
Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king!

TenTonHammer

Post#10 » Wed Mar 01, 2017 2:08 am

The core game, art of war mechanic is great, the game is however ruined by the technical aspects of the game. Along with what bloodi mentioned, their is also the issue of gear, the game "punishes" you if you dont main a class, if you reach a high prestige on one, but then try and play a diffrent class that has low prestige you will still get matched vs players with high prestige whose purple gear will 2 shot you and build revenge every 5 hits. there are balance issues, underwhelming classes like law bringer and some cheese like shugoki's 2 hit abuse

Im not a fan of the map designs overprevelance of enviormental hazards, i dont think there should be a cliff every 5 feet, espicaaly on 1v1 maps. Also im sad that the faction war means nothing winning is based on what time of day it is stopped and and pushing a faction back to its strong hold does nothing either

The real issue is P2P and last week the server **** the bed for like what 10 hrs? if that keeps happening then i worry for the longevity of the game