Recent Topics

Ads

Abuse for healing....

Talk about things which are not related to RoR or War.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Alcan
Suspended

Re: Abuse for healing....

Post#41 » Fri Feb 22, 2019 3:56 pm

its a game? all i say!

Ads
Alfonez

Post#42 » Fri Feb 22, 2019 4:09 pm

Marocus wrote: Fri Feb 22, 2019 3:46 pm You Sir are another boring kb warrior firing his mouth from the safety of the internet and I pray to holy Jesus Mother and Mary that you get the opportunity to say that again to my face so I can listen to you whine about how you didn't really mean it after all.

Coward.
I would love the opportunity to stuff some soy products down your throat in real life, too. You're a middle aged man who is suffering anxiety attacks when a 16 year-old kid calls you out for dying to a landmine, or for healing less than Thorbolt keg. Grow a **** pair

Marocus

Post#43 » Fri Feb 22, 2019 4:14 pm

Alcan wrote: Fri Feb 22, 2019 3:56 pm its a game? all i say!
Yep. It is. Just a game. Just a letter, just an email, just words. Call me a bad player-That's fine-Its game relevant. What happens when someone's communication is at you the player or at your family and it's threatening or abusive or racist or otherwise a crime?

Does it change the nature of a threat or sexualised messages because its within a game? So I send you a letter calling you sexualised names and accusing your son of sleeping with your mother like that censored one above-Is it ok if I do the same thing in game?

And the point of all this was not "poor me someone said some bad things". The point was , "don't whine that order have no healers because this is why." Yeah I could ignore, grow a thicker skin or whatever ...But maybe most of us think...nah I'll just play a DPS or a tank. You want more people to play healers then if you cant show any gratitude, at least don't start accusing them of familial incest...that's all.

Marocus

Post#44 » Fri Feb 22, 2019 4:14 pm

Alfonez wrote: Fri Feb 22, 2019 4:09 pm
Marocus wrote: Fri Feb 22, 2019 3:46 pm You Sir are another boring kb warrior firing his mouth from the safety of the internet and I pray to holy Jesus Mother and Mary that you get the opportunity to say that again to my face so I can listen to you whine about how you didn't really mean it after all.

Coward.
I would love the opportunity to stuff some soy products down your throat in real life, too. You're a middle aged man who is suffering anxiety attacks when a 16 year-old kid calls you out for dying to a landmine, or for healing less than Thorbolt keg. Grow a **** pair
Yep.Whatever.Troll.

Yaliskah
Former Staff

Post#45 » Fri Feb 22, 2019 4:16 pm

Maybe should we lock this thread...

Take this as a warning before the lock. Thjere is no point to have strong words about a game. Some have really hot behaviour ingame (insulting pm), some have very strange behaviour in game (emotes, corpse jumping...), well depending the target it can be taken wit h different degrees. But in the end it is a game and purpose is to all have fun.

If a healer act as a dps, according his class give him this possibility, well who can argue? Now if this healer is the only one able to heal in a sc, there is no reppraoch, but you know... and this is the same for all hybrid classes i fear.

Marocus

Post#46 » Fri Feb 22, 2019 4:20 pm

Why? It's quite illustrative I think- This is the nature of my complaint exposed- and the question to the community is-Is this ok or not? If it's ok lets say its ok. Alfonz gets to say sexualised things about my child and mother. We own it as a community. If its not ok then lets say its not ok. I hope more like him come out of the woodwork-It illustrates the point Im making perfectly.

adamthelc

Post#47 » Fri Feb 22, 2019 4:27 pm

Marocus wrote: Fri Feb 22, 2019 4:14 pm
Alcan wrote: Fri Feb 22, 2019 3:56 pm its a game? all i say!
Yep. It is. Just a game. Just a letter, just an email, just words. Call me a bad player-That's fine-Its game relevant. What happens when someone's communication is at you the player or at your family and it's threatening or abusive or racist or otherwise a crime?

Does it change the nature of a threat or sexualised messages because its within a game? So I send you a letter calling you sexualised names and accusing your son of sleeping with your mother like that censored one above-Is it ok if I do the same thing in game?

And the point of all this was not "poor me someone said some bad things". The point was , "don't whine that order have no healers because this is why." Yeah I could ignore, grow a thicker skin or whatever ...But maybe most of us think...nah I'll just play a DPS or a tank. You want more people to play healers then if you cant show any gratitude, at least don't start accusing them of familial incest...that's all.
The thing I find most offensive is not an anonymous person blasting another anonymous person online. It's that you are trying to compare this innocuous event to actual abuse or actual threats.

We get it, this person got under your skin. That's what they were trying to do. You dont need to sensationalize it.

People have been giving healers **** since this game first launched and people are still healing. Maybe you get bothered by what people say to you, but there are some people who dont and they will continue to heal.

It's obviously not officially ok to say those things, but it shouldnt be bothering you this much.

Marocus

Post#48 » Fri Feb 22, 2019 4:34 pm

There was actual abuse..... I haven't sensationalised anything. It is what it is.
Fine healers will be there in abundance to heal...there is no shortage and the complaints I am seeing that none are queuing are all in my imagination:)

If you find me complaining offensive you would lose your mind at the abuse that actually was sent to me.

I've had a number of disagreements in game and recived complaints about not rezzing fast enough or whatever-A bit of in the heat of the moment frustration-I get it. Its ok its a game.

Then there is the next level. There have only been two players in game who have gone to this next stage of the hundreds/thousand or more? Ive interacted with. These people are different. This thread was prompted by the second. I have a feeling the first L-----n has now been banned for firing abuse already....Not your average in game douchebags. But if I offend you Im sorry about that-I have no idea what you mean by comparing with "actual abuse or threats". I said it as it was.

Ads
wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#49 » Fri Feb 22, 2019 4:51 pm

I have decided to lock this spicy spicy thread as it seems to be going nowhere.

However I did not want to disappoint, and in the style of the Steam Awards, I have a few categories that I've filled in with my picks.

The "reasonably calm in the face of toxicity" award goes to...
Spoiler:
1 MayoDaen78
2 adamtheic
3 Bregon
The "look ma, I posted on the forums" award goes to...
Spoiler:
1 Alcan
2 Warfare80
3 Shaggyboomboom
The "found something else to talk about in this thread" award goes to...
Spoiler:
1 Rydiak
2 Rockalypse
3 Nishka
and for the finale!
The "clearly stirring up more **** than solutions" award goes to...
Spoiler:
1 Marocus
2 Alfonez
3 drmordread

Thanks everyone for playing. If you have questions about the rules, don't do what this thread did. My PM box is open unless you send me dumb stuff and I ignore it forever. <3
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog