Recent Topics

Ads

Realm Watch is Back!

Get organized here and slay that monster, or challenge your enemy to an epic battle on the battlefield.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Hazmy
Community Management

Realm Watch is Back!

Post#1 » Fri Mar 29, 2024 8:00 pm

Realm Watch is Back!
Good News Everyone,

We've heard you about wanting a particular Team Event to return and we are finally happy to bring it back.

Realm Watch is making a return tonight to observe the battle between the Forces of Order and Destruction, together with the community, on our Twitch Channel Live!

The first Realm Watch is planned to debut tonight, 29th March, 2024, 00:00 Altdorf Time ( 7pm EST ), with the aim to support our NA Playerbase... you are not forgotten :mrgreen: In the future we plan on having different Time Zones covered and include as many as possible.

:idea: As usual this Realm Watch will include:
- Aerial views of ongoing RvR battles
- Giveaways ( 100 Gold Prize )
- Discussions on casual elements of Return of Reckoning

The rewards will vary depending on the Realm Watch and we are open to suggestions about what kind of goodies you'd be happy about for future giveaways.

Stay tuned on our official Discord Server, as we'll announce it when we go live on the Return of Reckoning Twitch Channel:
- Discord: https://discord.gg/returnofreckoning
- Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/returnofreckoning

Future Schedule and Feedback

Moving on, all Realm Watch Events will be announced on the Official RoR Discord, but not on the forums. For this we advise all of you to join our server and stay up to date with future Realm Watch Episodes.

This forum post will remain active, and if you have any feedback about the organization, structure or anything you'd like to share with us regarding Realm Watch, please do so.

WAAAGH!

Ads
CountTalabecland

Re: Realm Watch is Back!

Post#2 » Fri Mar 29, 2024 9:09 pm

Please just fix the balance. Order is useless after recent nerfs that need to be undone and you have overtuned the destro melee train.
Brynnoth Goldenbeard (40/80) (IB) -- Rundin Fireheart (40/50) (RP) -- Ungrinn (40/40) (Engi)-- Bramm Bloodaxe (40/83) (Slayer) and a few Empire characters here or there, maybe even an elf.

Dackjanielz

Post#3 » Fri Mar 29, 2024 10:14 pm

CountTalabecland wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 9:09 pm Please just fix the balance. Order is useless after recent nerfs that need to be undone and you have overtuned the destro melee train.

This.

Hazmy
Community Management

Post#4 » Fri Mar 29, 2024 10:58 pm

There will be a Balance Patch soon, the Balance Group is acting on lots of player feedback and further adjustments to previous changes.

Until then please be patient, and we'd like to ask you to use the Forums properly, this is not the appropriate thread asking for Balance changes. For that we actively track and respond in the Suggestions & Feedback section.

Omegus

Post#5 » Fri Mar 29, 2024 11:18 pm

CountTalabecland wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 9:09 pm Please just fix the balance. Order is useless after recent nerfs that need to be undone and you have overtuned the destro melee train.
I was unaware that the community management team and the realm watch host(s) were also on the balance team.
Zomega: RR8x Zealot

Ysaran

Post#6 » Sat Mar 30, 2024 6:35 am

Omegus wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 11:18 pm
I was unaware that the community management team and the realm watch host(s) were also on the balance team.
What? How didn't you know? Every Dev is in the balance team, and their parents are in the balance team, and their grandparents. If those damn grannies stopped doing crochet and started balancing the server wouldn't be in this state, I tell you
Zputadenti

wonshot

Post#7 » Sat Mar 30, 2024 2:13 pm

Hazmy wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 8:00 pm This forum post will remain active, and if you have any feedback about the organization, structure or anything you'd like to share with us regarding Realm Watch, please do so.
WAAAGH!
Very good news to hear RW returns!
As for the structure, and what this annoucement touched in. I figured I'd share the initial thoughts behind the Realm watch idea when I first contacted Gamesbond (CM at the time) and Wargrimnir.

The idea was to bank on the advantage RoR have over other RvR mmos. The performance in largescale basicly. So the initial suggestion was in coop with the main RvR guids to pick times & days based on when it was most busy to showcase the server population, action and performance with quality commentary over movement, manuvers, flanks and momentum back 'n forth bigger battles from a neutral birdsview for all viewers to enjoy. Because if it was not done on the most busy hours, then there was a fear the product would fall rather flat and would require more filler topics and not serve as promotional product to get more players interested. Showing the good and the "bad" hours will ofcause give a more realistic product, kinda like a Youtube montage. But showing hours were it might be onesided PvDoor and having to use giveawy baits, filler topics or uninformed commentary seem risky.

Ofc ideas change and what is possible along with it. I just figured I'd remind what the initial goal was behind the RW idea. But if it is deemed that this is the best approch for current RoR then go for it
Bombling 92BW - Bombthebuilder 82Engi - Bombing 82SL - Bling 81Kobs - Orderling 80WP - Jackinabox 67WH
Gombling 85mSH- Chopling 83Chop - Notbombling 82Sorc - Powerhouse 81Zeal - Goldbag 80Mara - Smurfling 75Sham -Blobling 66BO