Recent Topics

Ads

Some (small) news; behind the curtain.

The latest news from the battlefront.
Find out what the developers are working on.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Yaliskah
Former Staff

Some (small) news; behind the curtain.

Post#1 » Tue Jul 26, 2016 12:55 pm

Hi RoR peoples !

I don't express myself very often but i feel it is important bring some light on the actual situation.

As you can see and undergo, we are experiencing an important shutdown period since 2 weeks.
To begin with, be assured that Return of reckoning will.... return (as soon as possible : read carefully).

All the story started with massive DDOS atack. To be honnest, RoR and DDOS is a lonnnnnnng story and we are attacked quite every days since a years (or more). Some weeks ago DDOS has won.

Because of that, we have experienced some DB issues ( guilds, loading datas...) and discovered some important issues in the project forcing us to modify part of the code ( i'm not a pro, so excuse me if i'm not very precise or accurate). Emu becomed unstable. The "alpha" phase is not just a word.

Actually we are investing in new hardware and set it up is harder than expected. Be assured the guys who are working on it know their job and despite this, have big headashe.
In the same time, team is still working on the project to improve your futur experience and make ROR better when he will come back.

Summertime doesn't help. Some are going on holidays, some have IRL obligations ( work, family), and we all have to deal with it. I don't need to remind you that RoR team isn't a professionnal organisation, and sometime time to work on this project is short.

This situation is stressfull for everyone. For you because you are quite blind of what happens ( Ror will come back? yes ? no?), and for us ( ror team), because we hopê everydays since a week to success to make the server up.

So i apologize if some of you feels assaulted by some staff answers on this forum. We try our best to be back to a normal situation, and answering 1000x to the same "can't connect" post everydays may wire up.

Until this banner
become like this :

Don't expect to connect.

We have put this BIG visual information to be the more visible as possible on the homepage. I don't know how it can be missable. Sadly it seems some who are looking "everywhere on this forum" succeed to miss it (and feel offended when a GM have some rude reaction).

So if you have a better solution i'm interested.

Now i hope you all have a better understanding of the actual situation. I wish all this will be a bad remembrance in few days. I thank you all for your trust and for your patience.

Yali.

Ads
StormX2
Game Master

Re: Some (small) news; behind the curtain.

Post#2 » Tue Jul 26, 2016 12:59 pm

right on brother

I like that the Forum has that huge notice, you cant miss it.

Zlove

Post#3 » Tue Jul 26, 2016 1:06 pm

Thank you.
Leader of Black Library
Zlove zealot
Zelove dok

ultimatetitane

Post#4 » Tue Jul 26, 2016 1:08 pm

Thanks for the hard work. Sometimes it takes some time for something good again. Of course it is a pity that the server is down. But if it needs time, take this! enjoy the holidays!

madwasp

Post#5 » Tue Jul 26, 2016 1:13 pm

Thx info.

jepz

Post#6 » Tue Jul 26, 2016 1:13 pm

Yaliskah wrote: Actually we are investing in new hardware and set it up is harder than expected.
Story of my life (work), each time when i think - "hmm, seems like it will take 15 mins - it takes me 1 hour to solve". Wish u LUCK and IT-madskillz! Chop Da Serverz!!
1st rule of Warhammer - noone can leave Warhammer.
2nd rule of Warhammer - everyone return to Warhammer.
3rd rule of Warhammer - playing other MMO's during break isn't cheating to Warhammer.

radic

Post#7 » Tue Jul 26, 2016 1:15 pm

thank you for the info, keep up the good work <3

ThunderCrash

Post#8 » Tue Jul 26, 2016 1:18 pm

I saw a post about peeps being worried if they would have to re-roll their characters due to the server transfer, if it came down to that I would personally bitch slap every person who complained about it. I joined up at the start of the month and have not yet played, it's called patience for any pre-bitchers out there hesitating about leaving a sarcastic post. I can't wait to run down players again with a Marauder again believe me, im drooling over it. So thank these guys for their dedication to a game that should never have died out and ill see you online when we get there.

Hugs and Kisses,
ThunderCrash

Ads
Asherdoom

Post#9 » Tue Jul 26, 2016 1:25 pm

thanks for the info no problem bro take it easy and keep going! ror staf did a great work so far im sure he will continue to do so! :)

WAR2014

Post#10 » Tue Jul 26, 2016 1:28 pm

Tnx Yali, at least we got confirm the server will back soon, not rush bro! I got couple old MMO playing at these down times, cant compared to RoR, but still funs and great story.

Take it easy all dev, not rush!