Recent Topics

Ads

DEV DIARY (not really a). September 2016.

The latest news from the battlefront.
Find out what the developers are working on.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Yaliskah
Former Staff

Re: DEV DIARY (not really a). September 2016.

Post#41 » Wed Sep 07, 2016 5:26 pm

jorgemarco wrote:We need class balance
Sure. We will. To do that we must have the whole RR and gear content. We don't have it atm. Some abilities don't work as expected. Official server failed for 8 years to make the game balanced (with all stuff needed to balance it) and you expect we success in less than a request? :).
jorgemarco wrote:We need a fair reward system.
Give us the code for that, it will be implemented in the hour.
jorgemarco wrote:We dont need 25% in renown.
You will have more very soon.
jorgemarco wrote:We need you listen to us.
Oh. I'm reading actually the Battle Fatigue Post. Some says "it is useless", some say "it is a pain in the ass", some say "it will solve some economic issues", some say "etcetcetc....". So ok, we are listening, we will let the system, making fatigue longuer AND shorter in the same time, more expensive and less in the same time, and in the same time, we will foget it. So, tell me, who shoulld we listen exactly? I doubt this would solve anything...
jorgemarco wrote:Changes come with decisions, and you are not assuming any risk.
Well like me, read battle fatigue reaction :). We are assuming it totally.
jorgemarco wrote:Obviously im not plying cause server has 0 to offer me.
Seems the forum has more to offer to you :). NOt a big deal. This is a work in progress. Come back in some weeks, months, years, and maybe you will enjoy it :).
jorgemarco wrote:the true risk is that ppl will leave the server as we can see.
Really? I don't worry. Probably cause i don't really care about that. Ppl come, ppl go. That's life. Having 120000 players have never been our purpose. Making a private server where anyone can play the greatest game ever is. It will take some years before reaching this goal.
jorgemarco wrote:Fanboys dont help you, thats why i wont say you thanks anymore cause you need to open your eyes.
I wonder.... have you read the original post before posting ?? We don't ask for thank or support ( and no donations !). Just a better understanding of our abilities/limits :).

Ads
mickeye

Post#42 » Wed Sep 07, 2016 9:10 pm

Thank you, devs.
Just this.
A big thank you.
Fionne WL | Burlok > Karak Eight Peaks > Eltharion > Karak Azgal > Karak Norn

vouzou

Post#43 » Thu Sep 08, 2016 1:42 pm

Those are good news and i must say that guys you are doing your best and we all must recognize it.
So here it is an idea about making some progress.
I remember on AoR the 1.000.000 different armour sets that you could get depending on your rank and renown rank.
There where 2 types of armour the RvR ones and the PvE ones.
The idea is to keep the armour sets as they are but when at T4 and accordingly to RR of each player make the armour set upgradable.
For example lets say we keep annihillator. When you hit rr50 you can start upgrating each piece of set and you get T2 annih until you hit 60 at 60 the same and go on. Offcourse you need medals to have this upgrade and offcourse you must make it a little easier to get the first full annih set at first place.
Upgrating means that you can freely change the set bonuses according to each class and that there must be one offspec set for each class.
To get all these you must merge the curencies to one.
PvE must change from the past and the rewards must be jewells sets that can also be upgradable.
Scenarios must stay as they are but the rewards of them must be weapons these weapons must also be upgradable.
In general a small raising on renown gain is not bad, 5-10% increase sounds a good number.

There are some thoughts that might help the game.
W8ing for your critic about that.
Thanks and keep up on good work.

Korthian of Phalanx.
Korthian Dok of Phalanx
Korthi Wp of Zerg

Azarael

Post#44 » Thu Sep 08, 2016 1:55 pm

jorgemarco wrote:I told you before. We need class balance, we need a fair reward system, we dont need 25% in renown, and we need you listen to us. Each time i come to forums i see this project is falling to void. Obviously im not plying cause server has 0 to offer me. Changes come with decisions, and you are not assuming any risk, and now the true risk is that ppl will leave the server as we can see. Fanboys dont help you, thats why i wont say you thanks anymore cause you need to open your eyes. I said.
Let's look at your post history.

All you do is whine and bitch with no justification or reason given for any of the positions you hold, so I'm going to break with the earlier position and tell you outright that I don't care what you think.

The day when you actually demonstrate some understanding of a perspective other than your own, and respect the rest of us enough to explain your position in detail, is the day you'll get respect from me.

Until then, stay gone.

Some food for thought: one of the things that he is bitching about is the 75% reduction in renown. I noticed recently that there are scalers on kills, dating back to T2, which are designed as anti-solo and pro-mass battle. In the vast majority of fights, do you know what the scaler evaluates to?

x4.

Interesting... it's almost as if you're bitching because "mimimimimi how dare u nerf mi renown, muh liiive" rather than any valid reason...

No, never mind. No one would ever do a thing like that, right?

Euan
Suspended

Post#45 » Thu Sep 08, 2016 7:55 pm

Azarael wrote:
jorgemarco wrote:I told you before. We need class balance, we need a fair reward system, we dont need 25% in renown, and we need you listen to us. Each time i come to forums i see this project is falling to void. Obviously im not plying cause server has 0 to offer me. Changes come with decisions, and you are not assuming any risk, and now the true risk is that ppl will leave the server as we can see. Fanboys dont help you, thats why i wont say you thanks anymore cause you need to open your eyes. I said.
Let's look at your post history.

All you do is whine and bitch with no justification or reason given for any of the positions you hold, so I'm going to break with the earlier position and tell you outright that I don't care what you think.

The day when you actually demonstrate some understanding of a perspective other than your own, and respect the rest of us enough to explain your position in detail, is the day you'll get respect from me.

Until then, stay gone.

Some food for thought: one of the things that he is bitching about is the 75% reduction in renown. I noticed recently that there are scalers on kills, dating back to T2, which are designed as anti-solo and pro-mass battle. In the vast majority of fights, do you know what the scaler evaluates to?

x4.

Interesting... it's almost as if you're bitching because "mimimimimi how dare u nerf mi renown, muh liiive" rather than any valid reason...

No, never mind. No one would ever do a thing like that, right?
His points are all fair though and you use his post history as a way to discredit him. Good argument. I'll skip over balance. Reward system is bad and everyone knows it, you change it every time to have more control over how people are rewarded. Making it harder to the point where it's not even worth it. You criticize the RvR's from before but have made it worse with each and every implementation. Renown reduction in an attempt to slow down players from reaching end game for no good reason. You want to force these players to play your PVE that isn't even close to done and could be tested regardless of renown ranks. There are plenty of people would be down to test this but some guy doesn't want to do the PVE if people can just wear higher level gear and cruise through it. Not like you can't implement gear restrictions or anything. Not htat anyone even cares about PVE. I don't think you guys not listening needs any explanation at all. I come here all the time hoping things have changed so I can enjoy War again, but they only get worse. How does one make a game worse than the original?

Control in forums.
Control in game.
Yali says you guys enjoy this but you all seem miserable. At least that's what I get from your responses/actions.

Also good job deleting my other comment.
Is this a shitpost? Let me know through personal message.

Luth

Post#46 » Thu Sep 08, 2016 8:09 pm

Euan wrote:
Spoiler:
His points are all fair though and you use his post history as a way to discredit him. Good argument. I'll skip over balance. Reward system is bad and everyone knows it, you change it every time to have more control over how people are rewarded. Making it harder to the point where it's not even worth it. You criticize the RvR's from before but have made it worse with each and every implementation. Renown reduction in an attempt to slow down players from reaching end game for no good reason. You want to force these players to play your PVE that isn't even close to done and could be tested regardless of renown ranks. There are plenty of people would be down to test this but some guy doesn't want to do the PVE if people can just wear higher level gear and cruise through it. Not like you can't implement gear restrictions or anything. Not htat anyone even cares about PVE. I don't think you guys not listening needs any explanation at all. I come here all the time hoping things have changed so I can enjoy War again, but they only get worse. How does one make a game worse than the original?

Control in forums.
Control in game.
Yali says you guys enjoy this but you all seem miserable. At least that's what I get from your responses/actions.

Also good job deleting my other comment.
Please again, but this time maybe with a little less confirmation bias and a 100% increase of evidence/examples.
Euan wrote: Control in forums.
Control in game.
Yes, unfortunately one can't hack/bot/cheat/exploit/flame around unnoticed and/or unpunished in RoR. :(

Azarael

Post#47 » Thu Sep 08, 2016 8:12 pm

None of your comments in this topic have been deleted, from the mod logs, so try again.

The issue with him, which you well know, is that he whines, defined by repeated criticism without substantiation. That you've had to come here and expand upon some of his points in order to try to save him proves my point.

Removal of BO XP/Renown/Inf? Not responsible for it, not going to justify it.
Super Keep Lords? Not responsible for it, not going to justify it.
Renown reduction? Not responsible for it, not going to justify it.
Already gone through RvR in another recent topic, not repeating myself again.

Get it through your head. Development first. Players second. This is the necessity of running an alpha server. If anything makes me miserable, it's people repeatedly surfacing to complain about the player experience. You can complain all you want about "waah alpha doesn't mean anything" but that is our hard line, and you'll understand it and be patient with incomplete states that arise, or you'll go. We know full well that there's a point in the future where **** will be sorted out, and that's the point at which most people will legitimately judge the game.

As it happens, I am sitting here sorting out sweeping RvR modifications which actually do push the game towards 1.4.8, and had I read the logs sooner, I would actually have known that a lot of my criticisms with RvR were actually understood and partially handled by the 1.4.x RvR state.

Euan
Suspended

Post#48 » Thu Sep 08, 2016 9:31 pm

Just to be clear when I say "You" I mean the staff not directed at you for changes. I know some things you don't agree on. Yeah, he definitely could elaborate but he's not wrong. Easier to ask if he can go into detail rather than discrediting him or just flat out ignore him.

I couldn't reply with this account because sometimes it gives me the this email/account/ip/isp. The comment deleted was on Voth but said Euan on signature just so it's known who is posting. Now I've been threatened permaban by wargrimnir if I post like that again. Like, really?

@Luth, Control meaning how you level/attain things not how you abuse things.

Ads
Ley
Former Staff

Post#49 » Thu Sep 08, 2016 9:38 pm

@Euan, I deleted your comment. Getting tired of your constant disrespect. If you do not want to play, your decision, but keep the bile to yourself.

Euan
Suspended

Post#50 » Thu Sep 08, 2016 9:44 pm

Ley wrote:@Euan, I deleted your comment. Getting tired of your constant disrespect. If you do not want to play, your decision, but keep the bile to yourself.
I thought it gave feedback giving the reason why I am not playing. Hardly "bile". It's been like months since my last post I'm sure. Even though I'm not playing I can still give input in hopes things change and I can enjoy the game once again.