Recent Topics

Ads

Recent rollbacks

The latest news from the battlefront.
Find out what the developers are working on.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
perche

Re: Recent rollbacks

Post#21 » Sun Sep 25, 2016 9:59 am

Noergl wrote:
perche wrote:i lost 2 epic weapons, the elf and empire one, 60 sc emblems, 1 lv of rr, gloves and legs of mercenary buyed in ah and 2 days of my weekend, pls stop of experimental patch,, people only want to play warhammer online and any change in the MetaCore should be consulted and vote in forum and not be a trial and error
I dont get the point here. We´re testers on an alpha server, since when do you get a vote anywhere in this kind of development? We have no right whatsoever to demand such a way of action. We as players (again: as testers) dont own anything, this isnt a holding company. I really dont understand the way some people are thinking!

And furthermore, the idea of patches is mainly to enhance the game and to delete errors - and in alpha to see what works and what doesn`t. How do you think any developer in a game can change anything without having actual testers to see the impact of changes?

And to quote a dev statement from some weeks ago: This is not a democracy! And he was totally right!

well that is my opinion and at least my guild mates, we have played since 2008 to war and we play here because we seek the closest experience to what was war, we accept logical changes cause war dont was perfect but changes in MetaCore, are more important issues that should not depend on the opinion of a person or dev, repeat is my personal opinion but me and my guild mates want play to the nearest experience to war and dont want a total warhammer ror edition.
Perche choppa rr100 RIp
Dizparate squid rr100 Rip

Bayoneta vonsodomiten Dok
Froilan Borbon engi nerfed in last 2 patch.

Ads
Vrierst

Post#22 » Sun Sep 25, 2016 10:16 am

I'm going to edit this post because i have received this message:
Azarael wrote:The following is a warning which has been issued to you by an administrator or moderator of this site.
Continued bitching even after a clear post.
Thanks for reading.

May Isha bless you!
Last edited by Vrierst on Sun Sep 25, 2016 11:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
“Vrierst Wilderin, Isha's Champion, who runs on the wind, who shines through the fog, who hides behind the flame, who pierces the evil hearts. High Elf, Shadow Warrior, the Sorrow Holder, Empire Hero, Kingdom Protector, Dwarves Friend,..."

Azarael

Post#23 » Sun Sep 25, 2016 10:45 am

My god, I can't believe what I'm reading here.

I apologise in advance if my utter incredulity at what I'm reading seeps through here but I am sitting here struggling to fathom what you have written.

First off.

RvR was the single biggest problem the server had.

We were using a system that dated back to a community proposition from T2, and it was so bad as to be costing us players. How you can sit there and bleat about how the previous system "worked" when it absolutely did not... well, I'm sure I won't be the only one flaming you for making this comment.

Second off.

Stop acting as if your opinion matters when it comes to bugfixing issues.

It doesn't. I don't actually care if you have a problem with instability caused by bugs, because as I've repeatedly said, RoR is a combined development and play server. When the two clash, development wins. What we learned was how to fix the bug, and that's because the server was being used as intended - as a damn test server. I think in future I'm just going to start handing out moderation, warnings and bans to people who whine about unavoidable side effects of development, of which you were all forewarned.

That is the price you pay for playing here. You play for free, so you tolerate things like this. That is the damn covenant we have with you. I think we're going to have to codify this - in lieu of a fee (which we can't charge anyway) you agree to accept that this is a development and play server, and that you are not entitled to bitch about any of the following under any circumstances:

- Instability / issues caused by bugs
- Use of the server for its primary purpose of development
- The devs' priority list
- The devs' right to make directional changes (AND ONLY THAT RIGHT PER SE - you are entitled and encouraged to complain about specific flaws in the devs' direction for the game, but NOT about their right to change things)

I'm going to write this up later, as nearly all of your post is a total violation of the above as well as being completely ignorant spew, as most believe that the present state of RvR (though not complete) is an improvement over the situation at the start of T4.

Dalsie

Post#24 » Sun Sep 25, 2016 11:04 am

Azarael wrote: think we're going to have to codify this - in lieu of a fee (which we can't charge anyway) you agree to accept that this is a development and play server, and that you are not entitled to bitch about any of the following under any circumstances:

- Instability / issues caused by bugs
- Use of the server for its primary purpose of development
- The devs' priority list
- The devs' right to make directional changes (AND ONLY THAT RIGHT PER SE - you are entitled and encouraged to complain about specific flaws in the devs' direction for the game, but NOT about their right to change things)
This is actually a fantastic idea
Orrud -> Hirn -> Norn -> Marty'r Square

Yaliskah
Former Staff

Post#25 » Sun Sep 25, 2016 11:10 am

perche wrote:me and my guild mates want play to the nearest experience to war and dont want a total warhammer ror edition.
This point is EXTREMLY important Perche. Maybe my answer will be rethorical, but when you say "want to play to the nearest experience to war", i don't understand exactly what you are talking about. If you played on offcial from the beginningto the end, you must admit that ORvRG has changed a lot...

You mean, ORVR including for a lock, BO and Kepp control + % of SC and PQ ? Non AAO concept? with or without Fortresses? oh maybe with keep claiming and rising rank with money? Instanced city considered as PvE PQ or more like Scs? With or without Scavens? Impossible Siege cities or 10x a day siege ? Before or after RR100 ugly stuff? With or without Flame buff? All these version are the official version at a moment or another.

The point is there are X version of original ORvR and each of us has loved a part of each version and certainly we haven't loved the same :).

EDIT.

Now about Rollback. Since the begining of the project, we could have modify rates and wipe after every important patch. We haven't because we know you enjoy your characters and love playing the game. Sometime sadly we haven't any other choice than rollbacking, which is a lesser misery. Rollbacks are happening VERY rarelly ( how many times in 2.5 years?? 3? 4? 5?) and rollback are on a very short period.

My conclusion is that there is no official version :).

sotora

Post#26 » Sun Sep 25, 2016 11:26 am

perche wrote:me and my guild mates want play to the nearest experience to war and dont want a total warhammer ror edition.
I get an impression that you will be disappointed then as 'being an nearest experience to war' (Mythic Warhammer Online) does not seem to be an goal of this server. I might be wrong, but that is seem to be the case.

vouzou

Post#27 » Sun Sep 25, 2016 11:50 am

Look at the bright side of thinks. At least we don't loose the xp gained, so it is not a wipe.

Korthian of Phalanx
Ariandi of Phalanx II
Korthian Dok of Phalanx
Korthi Wp of Zerg

Akalukz

Post#28 » Sun Sep 25, 2016 12:49 pm

I wonder if the roll back went far enough or hit the correct things. I still have soldier medallions that were received over the course of the rolls backs, granted not a large amount, but more than I had a few days ago.
-= Agony =-

Ads
blaqwar

Post#29 » Sun Sep 25, 2016 1:11 pm

I lost XP in the rollbacks which is disappointing but I won't be bitching about it. I know that when a bug of this magnitude emerges we all end up being disappointed, devs probably most of all. It's not like they enjoy rolling characters back (well maybe some) and they're acutely aware of all the disappointment the community is going to feel and all the bitching that will ensue.

Eventhough this is a server in development where you have not bought the game and are not testing the game that you are going to buy (in the case of an official alpha/beta), in the end the server and the devs do need you as a player. Without the players the server can't be tested and developed.

Which is see as sort of a responsibility towards the people managing and developing the server. They have a responsibility towards the playerbase to do right by them in managing the server and ensureing as pleasant of a testing/playing experience as possible (within the developing constraints which everyone should be aware of). And we have a responsibility to test the game, report bugs, help the devs as much as we can and not bitch when something goes wrong, since it's bound to.

Since there's no money envolved or a contract, TOA or such, I'd say it's a mutual understanding and cooperation that you become a part of once you log in. It's understandable if you get threated like dirt for acting like an asshat within those logical boundaries.

The only thing that I'd like to see the devs do is have some sort of an agreement statement that pops up when you make the account to make sure people have no basis for bitching. Apologies if something like that already exists, I might have skipped it :mrgreen:

Serbiansword

Post#30 » Sun Sep 25, 2016 2:44 pm

It's quite simple, let me describe it using a banal metaphor: We were all given keys to our favorite cars, absolutely free, we don't even need to fill the gas in cause it's free. Now the trick is, those fabulous favorite cars, however fabulous and great they are, can occasionally die on us completely. And when that happens we are left out there on the highway with a broken car with our dicks out....

But we were warned about that! Don't be ungrateful assholes and bitch about it if you accepted all the conditions before you were given the keys.