Recent Topics

Ads

[RP & RVR EVENT] The High King versus The Warlord

The latest news from the battlefront.
Find out what the developers are working on.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
peterthepan3

Re: [RP & RVR EVENT] The High King versus The Warlord

Post#131 » Wed Dec 14, 2016 11:46 am

Would be nice to have other events for pvp, too :D

Ads
sotora

Post#132 » Wed Dec 14, 2016 11:51 am

Thank you for this event. Such things like this invigorate server and can have some impact on community/game popularity.

So again thank you for organising such thing :D

Said that:

1. I understand that rewards have to be given only to few, and giving out 400 "rare" rewards would be absurd, but it would be nice to say before event what requirements to obtain reward would be. That way you can avoid people being let down.

2. Lag was absolutely crippling, especially for first 1-1,5 hours. Worst lag I ever encountered on ROR. It killed combat part of the fun to a large degree. I am aware that reducing lag such game load is not simple and it might takes months to improve it for city sieges and even then large amount of crowds will cause big lag.
Said and understanding all that - it was really horrible. Maybe splitting mega zerg into two zergs giving two objectives in diffrent part of lake would help?

Reihn

Post#133 » Wed Dec 14, 2016 12:00 pm

je me suis bien marré ;-) quelques lags en effet;mais une fois les groupes éparpiller sur la zone,c'était largement jouable,j'ai meme reussi a soloter et faire quelques kills^^pour ma part j'ai trouvé cet event bien sympa^^ !
Reihnholt Mauvaiskarma maraudeur [ZccZ] athel loren/badland

Glorian

Post#134 » Wed Dec 14, 2016 12:06 pm

sotora wrote:...
2. Lag was absolutely crippling, especially for first 1-1,5 hours. Worst lag I ever encountered on ROR. It killed combat part of the fun to a large degree. I am aware that reducing lag such game load is not simple and it might takes months to improve it for city sieges and even then large amount of crowds will cause big lag.
Said and understanding all that - it was really horrible. Maybe splitting mega zerg into two zergs giving two objectives in diffrent part of lake would help?
Well you should have seen the crash at T2 Mandreds Keep a year ago. I think we crashed the server three times in a row.
Somehow it happens when we rally the lads

But yes. Two heroes, two zones could take the stress out of it.
CW was also mentioned because imo the maps sucks, but you have wide open spaces. And players spread over a larger area is better for server.
BC or TM have build in funnels. As well as Praag.

And some more of these events at weekends and some bonuses I also would like to see.

peterthepan3

Post#135 » Wed Dec 14, 2016 12:09 pm

Renown/xp bonuses wouldn't be fair, but aesthetic stuff seems cool.

wiscel

Post#136 » Wed Dec 14, 2016 12:14 pm

It was impossbile for me to play because of the lag. Maybe next time spread the big blobs over 3 zones and only the races for that zone can enter. Empire/Chaos fight in Praag, Elves/Dark Elves in Dragonwake, Dwarfs/Greenskins in Thunder Mountain? I know, I'm asking the impossible :-D
Nasty - R8X Squig Herder
Mehlindy - R8X Witch Elf
Donavicenta - R8X Sorceress

DokB

Post#137 » Wed Dec 14, 2016 12:20 pm

Event was fun. Got lots of renown and rewards from it.

The zerg vs zerg + Warlord/High King fights were unplayable unfortunately from my point of view. Large amounts of time lagging and game froze for 10 or so seconds at a time constantly which was to be expected with everything going on in Praag. On top of all the crashes, trying to play a melee class was too painful. Spent most of the time roaming instead.

All in all, I liked the event but a clear set of objectives prior for the event would have been appreciated so we knew what to aim for rather than just mindlessly zerg vs zerg.
Zoggof - Black Orc
Doinks - Ironbreaker
Leatherman - Blackguard

Amidala
Former Staff

Post#138 » Wed Dec 14, 2016 12:40 pm

SO FUNNY!!! I want more events like this!Ty devs ty BT <3
Dc'ed 4 times but i did a lot of rp :lol: :lol: ''KILL THE FAT GREENSKIN!''
Last edited by Amidala on Wed Dec 14, 2016 12:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Princess Amidala Estellanor

--Tilean Warlords--Amidala AM-Drafalgar SM
--Hammer Kult--Amidalina ZE

Ads
Pumatouch

Post#139 » Wed Dec 14, 2016 12:46 pm

Imageimage hosting 30 mb

Here's a picture of Arthur the day after, wearing two fancy medals obtained on the night.
Words fail to describe the joy. Much praise to Devs, GMs and other organizers. You made me one happy Dawi.
Arthur - Slarti - Halgal - Binwin
Each and every Dawi under my command owes me one hundred scalps.
And I want my scalps.

Waaghaa

Post#140 » Wed Dec 14, 2016 1:55 pm

wiscel wrote:It was impossbile for me to play because of the lag. Maybe next time spread the big blobs over 3 zones and only the races for that zone can enter. Empire/Chaos fight in Praag, Elves/Dark Elves in Dragonwake, Dwarfs/Greenskins in Thunder Mountain? I know, I'm asking the impossible :-D
Dont see the impossible in such task tbh, it takes atleast 6 GM / players taking the role of faction leaders, would actually be quite cool I reckon.
Spoiler: