Recent Topics

Ads

Dev Diary - February 2017

The latest news from the battlefront.
Find out what the developers are working on.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
anarchypark

Re: Dev Diary - February 2017

Post#161 » Sun Feb 19, 2017 8:01 pm

i grind rr to get extra MP, to get stronger
after 65 it start to feel real grind, I can't imagine after 70
no MP from rr will release me from grind, 45 for gear is not even grind
I'm pretty sure u get 45+ before u get all currency for new gears
next gears will be same, you will get there when you have enough tokens

I'll lose some cool skill combination, same goes to everyone
down-grade for power-creep solution I guess
getting stronger comes from allies, not from grinding rr
isn't it good? or u love grinding?
SM8, SW8, AM8, WL7, KoBS5, BW5, WP8, WH7, IB7, Eng5, RP5, SL6
BG8, Sorc8, DoK8, WE7, Chs8, Mg8, Ze7, Mara8, BO6, SH7, Shm5, Chop4
SC summary - viewtopic.php?f=8&t=20415
( last update : 2020.06.09)

Ads
sotora

Post#162 » Sun Feb 19, 2017 8:07 pm

anarchypark wrote:i grind rr to get extra MP, to get stronger
after 65 it start to feel real grind, I can't imagine after 70
no MP from rr will release me from grind, 45 for gear is not even grind
I'm pretty sure u get 45+ before u get all currency for new gears
next gears will be same, you will get there when you have enough tokens

I'll lose some cool skill combination, same goes to everyone
down-grade for power-creep solution I guess
getting stronger comes from allies, not from grinding rr
isn't it good? or u love grinding?
More RR will give you more RP to spent on stats/skills, so if you grind RR to get stronger that will still be present.

Morf

Post#163 » Sun Feb 19, 2017 8:09 pm

wargrimnir wrote:
Unfortunately a large portion of players that would offer such help have repeatedly shown bias towards their own personal preferences and would push in that direction, rather than the direction we're aiming for. That, or show up for "discussion" simply to argue and stifle any direction at all to maintain the status quo. This drives dev teams to being more and more particular about who is allowed to whisper in their ears. We're no exception.
Understandable yet it is pretty clear (atleast to me) the ppl who only come to biased conclusions, they dont have to be responded to anyway, let them vent some steam and say idiotic things, just pay no attention, and you know what certainly doesnt help is staff members mocking such individuals which will obviously provoke a response which can get that person in trouble, baiting someone in such way doesnt look good.

Also bare in mind 500 idiotic views can be worth more then 5 smart views.
wargrimnir wrote:
What we can do about this was not detailed, or specific, because we haven't worked out a solid series of changes that would address it.
Tnx, this is all we needed in that you havent come to a conclusion yet, because it appeared to me and prolly others that the decision was made and everyone will just have to wait for the patch to see.
Morfee - Shaman / Mynnos - Kotbs / Grubod - Black Orc / Snubz - Squig Herder

anarchypark

Post#164 » Sun Feb 19, 2017 8:29 pm

sotora wrote: More RR will give you more RP to spent on stats/skills, so if you grind RR to get stronger that will still be present.
yea rr grind was that much... grind to forget important things
u're right grind still offer rewards but less than b4 if MP removed
power-creep is issue, not grind
I should stay on power-creep thing
SM8, SW8, AM8, WL7, KoBS5, BW5, WP8, WH7, IB7, Eng5, RP5, SL6
BG8, Sorc8, DoK8, WE7, Chs8, Mg8, Ze7, Mara8, BO6, SH7, Shm5, Chop4
SC summary - viewtopic.php?f=8&t=20415
( last update : 2020.06.09)

kyklovod

Post#165 » Sun Feb 19, 2017 8:49 pm

Please do not kill DoK and WP

peterthepan3

Post#166 » Sun Feb 19, 2017 8:56 pm

kyklovod wrote:Please do not kill DoK and WP
Oh I'm sure they won't be killed, but balanced? One can only hope. :)

Luth

Post#167 » Sun Feb 19, 2017 9:48 pm

Morf wrote: Understandable yet it is pretty clear (atleast to me) the ppl who only come to biased conclusions, they dont have to be responded to anyway, let them vent some steam and say idiotic things, just pay no attention, and you know what certainly doesnt help is staff members mocking such individuals which will obviously provoke a response which can get that person in trouble, baiting someone in such way doesnt look good.
I don't know if that is targeted at anything specific, but just a general note (my opinion):
By allowing to let any individuals spread "alternative facts" you allow that more and more uninformed/new players believe even the biggest nonsense, e.g. "devs are order biased". Silence means consent (even if not intended).
Your method would work, if the human mind is mostly influenced by common sense instead of irrationality, i.e. people would inform themselves instead of believing everything from anyone.

Furthermore everyone is self-responsible for his/her posted content. If, for instance, someone is a pathological narcissist, he is unfortunately as responsible as anyone else for his actions. No one can check the mental status of the community members and build a safe-space around their ego whenever it's needed.
Morf wrote: Also bare in mind 500 idiotic views can be worth more then 5 smart views.
Maybe i misunderstand, but quantity > quality?
I think most people on the staff read the forum (not every single post ofc). What makes forum reading hard is filtering the 5 reasonable views from the 500 biased, nonsensical or whatever ones. It gets even harder if you try to counter them, as mentioned above, to prevent that 500 become 1000.

Atropik

Post#168 » Mon Feb 20, 2017 6:57 am

Personaly i dont care about rr wipe or even gear wipe, but this..
wargrimnir wrote:Objectives that we have in changing the system will be to address power creep, in particular the backend advantages of a free mastery point every 10 RR’s.
Lack of valuable specs always hurts this game so hard, i strongly believe we should increase the total amout of valuable mastery points with any of possible sources, but removing some points to prevent lowbies from "power creep"?

That action will hurt some classes, most of them are going to lose some key abilities, like WE going to trade between stun/wb, 2-3 for wh is not going to be valuable spec any more, while in 1-3 wh have to choose between repel/SoM, WLs going to lose their Frenzy, IBs, pour Volgo, have nothing to say more xd. But the others like SW or Sorc, they have nothing to lose after lvl 35. You guys going to creep some classes, but not equalize lowbies with veterans, lowbies will always stay lowbies.

Maybe we should put that additional points in another source, like obtainable with Tok or 9000 kills during the siege, but removing them... sounds weird
Nicelook | Obey

Ads
Exot

Post#169 » Mon Feb 20, 2017 7:40 am

Good Job! Waiting for it
KotBS: Erihon
Chosen: Nohire
Officer of [Seventh Legion] in RoR
Discord: [Link]
Member of [VII]

footpatrol2

Post#170 » Mon Feb 20, 2017 1:55 pm

Are you guys thinking on cutting out mastery points? Like permanently? Is this because of perceived inequality or too much of a advantage situation with high RR players?

How about you get a master at RR 40 then another at 41/42/43 instead of of completely cutting it out. 41/42/43 would simulate the mastery points gained at 50/60/70. You just get it earlier.

Or how about just getting 4 mastery points at RR 40?