Recent Topics

Ads

Something something...

The latest news from the battlefront.
Find out what the developers are working on.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Collateral

Re: Something something...

Post#411 » Mon Sep 04, 2017 9:03 am

jgas wrote:this should be permanent, might need some refining but nothing too big to not keep it like the way it is now :)
Lets not get ahead of ourselves. We still have weeks for testing. The devs will open up more zones later as well (which is badly needed imo) .

Ads
Kragg

Post#412 » Mon Sep 04, 2017 9:05 am

We also find that the option for lower tier dwarfs improves activity in the regiment as well. No one lagging behind in T2 or T3 no more.
Sergeant-Major Drengk Burloksson, RR 85 Sniper
Hulfdan Irongrip, RR 81 Ironbreaker
Proud Founder of the 3rd Bitterstone Thunderers
Alliance officer of the Grand Alliance

Nidwin

Post#413 » Mon Sep 04, 2017 10:19 am

That was a nice one when I could play past week-end in T2/T3/T4.

With Conq gear being top end the bolster seems to do the trick so the power gap between low-end, mid-end and top-end is playable.

I presume this is a known issue, but there's something that makes an entire warband crash to desktop. In the warband it was said it was linked to turning in quests or so.

I think it was Friday (getting old doesn't help with memory) but after the hotfix the campaign fully resetted and we started again in T2. Could be a feature so just mentioning it.

Is there any feedback yet from the T2/T3 greenkins pairing and especially how it went with the tunnels to switch from one zone to another? (siege brought over, farming at tunnels)
Nidwinqq used teabag Magus [Hysteria]

Glorian

Post#414 » Mon Sep 04, 2017 10:31 am

Whole warband crash is if someone is teleporting while in the warband.
Or joining an SC.

It should be currently disabled to join the queue however if you are in an wb.
But so have seen today that another player joined my group and was queued before and then joined the SC out of the group.

Zxul

Post#415 » Mon Sep 04, 2017 3:27 pm

Zerg is strong, give yourself to the zerg! :P

T4 was zergy before, now its got to the whole new level.

Generally, every time that the result of the mechanic is that the most efficient way to play is to stay in zerg and mindlessly spam aoe skills, you have got a problem. And no, zerging doesn't takes any actual skill, and no, spamming your aoe key in blob of 3+ wbs isn't rvr.
"Can we play with him, master? He seems so unhappy. Let us help him smile. Please? Or at least let us carve one on his face when he stops screaming."

— Azeila, Alluress of Slaanesh

Hargrim
Developer

Post#416 » Mon Sep 04, 2017 3:47 pm

Zxul wrote:Zerg is strong, give yourself to the zerg! :P

Generally, every time that the result of the mechanic is that the most efficient way to play is to stay in zerg and mindlessly spam aoe skills, you have got a problem. And no, zerging doesn't takes any actual skill, and no, spamming your aoe key in blob of 3+ wbs isn't rvr.
But you know that there is no special mechanic for zerging? Population just increased, bam, zerg.

Reesh

Post#417 » Mon Sep 04, 2017 4:08 pm

Fun fact - players wants to play more in T2/T3 zones, no, I'm not even kidding, even me.

Why's that the case? Instant action, you don't need to waste 5mins running across to another point, then to another like in T4. Yes, they are smaller, yes, zerg might be more significant there, but in my observations only after the keep have been taken.
Otherwise... In T2 you just leave the warcamp and after 10s you will find players to play with.

I'd suggest a slight modification towards the next change - those 3 zones open at the same time. Could we make it into a scheme that looks like this:
-T2 zones - 3 opened at once.
-T3 zones - 2 opened at once (first two of T2 that locks will be the open)
-T4 zones - 1 opened at once (the zone open would be in a pairing, that was excluded from T3 open zones - the closed one).
Additionally, after just ONE lock of the T4 zone, Campaign will return back to T2.

Reasoning behind this? T4 zones are the longest to ever lock and they can fit servers population easily. Current T4 Section takes too long to proceed back to T2, it hurts lowbie players with 30% or 50% mounts with longer travelling distances and discourages them to play in T4.
And I don't think we've got enough players to fill up even remotely three T4 zones at once.

Hargrim
Developer

Post#418 » Mon Sep 04, 2017 4:11 pm

Reesh wrote: I'd suggest a slight modification towards the next change - those 3 zones open at the same time. Could we make it into a scheme that looks like this:
-T2 zones - 3 opened at once.
-T3 zones - 2 opened at once (first two of T2 that locks will be the open)
-T4 zones - 1 opened at once (the zone open would be in a pairing, that was excluded from T3 open zones - the closed one).
Additionally, after just ONE lock of the T4 zone, Campaign will return back to T2.

Reasoning behind this? T4 zones are the longest to ever lock and they can fit servers population easily. Current T4 Section takes too long to proceed back to T2, it hurts lowbie players with 30% or 50% mounts with longer travelling distances and discourages them to play in T4.
And I don't think we've got enough players to fill up even remotely three T4 zones at once.
We want to test 3 zones at once and reduce PvDoor. We will refine after, according to feedback and our observations.

Ads
Zxul

Post#419 » Mon Sep 04, 2017 4:22 pm

Hargrim wrote:
Zxul wrote:Zerg is strong, give yourself to the zerg! :P

But you know that there is no special mechanic for zerging? Population just increased, bam, zerg.
Yep, however when you put most of server population into a single zone, and insure that there isn't much most of players can do solo or in small groups, what did you expect to happen? For them to run around being ganked by whs/wes and premades, for no actual reward, or to move everywhere as a single 3 wb+ blob spamming 1-2 aoe skills, while still getting zone contribution and renown?
"Can we play with him, master? He seems so unhappy. Let us help him smile. Please? Or at least let us carve one on his face when he stops screaming."

— Azeila, Alluress of Slaanesh

Yaliskah
Former Staff

Post#420 » Mon Sep 04, 2017 4:28 pm

I must disagree.

Zerg is not pop related ( yeah i'm crazy :) ). And i hope to be able to prove it before the end of the year or sooner.

Zerg = lack of options/choices -> ORvR mecanic -> What will players do when Keep is lost and all BOs are locked (no more or very limited numbers of objectives)? Answer : blob & zerg on what is possible. Lack of options.