Recent Topics

Ads

Reintroductions and reflections.

The latest news from the battlefront.
Find out what the developers are working on.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Gracely

Re: Reintroductions and reflections.

Post#41 » Sat Jul 28, 2018 7:45 pm

Grulo wrote: Sat Jul 28, 2018 7:31 pm Grats, i guess?

Honestly wish you the best of luck, though the damage has been immense, and the biggest issue (we all know what that is) still remains.
I wasn't here when you were running RoR, but from just one read of your post I can tell you are committed to fairness and tbh thats all I ask. Just don't burn yourself out, as games do to us all at times. Good luck and welcome back ;)

Ads
Zeviun

Post#42 » Sat Jul 28, 2018 7:45 pm

Good read. Perhaps there is hope for RoR.

footpatrol2

Post#43 » Sat Jul 28, 2018 7:54 pm

wargrimnir wrote: Sat Jul 28, 2018 7:04 pm
footpatrol2 wrote: Sat Jul 28, 2018 7:00 pm
I still lurk around.

Azarael

Post#44 » Sat Jul 28, 2018 8:11 pm

Darks63 wrote: Sat Jul 28, 2018 7:29 pm The dot changes are nice since those changes really hurt the dot based classes and made them somewhat irrelevant.

Are there going to be a any staff changes/shakeups or is this just going to be a new day in how staff to community relations work?
I may take the roles of some members of staff in terms of community interaction, and my position on the team allows me to overrule some things, but no one has been removed from the team as a result of my presence here.

szejoza

Post#45 » Sat Jul 28, 2018 8:14 pm

Glad to see you back, I was always fond of your work since T1 days
Spoiler:

Athergic

Post#46 » Sat Jul 28, 2018 8:23 pm

You all are my heroes <3
Doom Diver front man
videos: viewtopic.php?f=54&t=24708

charlysixb

Post#47 » Sat Jul 28, 2018 8:33 pm

Aza is back!
Peckman And Chifli's

Gobboz Night Fever

RetroH

Post#48 » Sat Jul 28, 2018 8:36 pm

Not going to lie, your post gave RoR some new hope.
An upstanding act to admit your previous faults openly to the community.
Let's hope that this new chance will be nourished with mutual respect.

Good luck.

Let's not forget to mention the elephant in the room, which is Torquemadra who will still behave like he does, banning people for no clear reasons and without mentioning it to the rest of the staff.
Changing players names for no apparent reason, harassing players with threats of making changes to the game or/and classes.
With a loose cannon like him at the helm there will be no positive progress for the RoR server.
Last edited by RetroH on Sun Jul 29, 2018 9:54 am, edited 2 times in total.

Ads
Dabbart

Post#49 » Sat Jul 28, 2018 8:40 pm

So much awesome. Great to have you back Aza!

Take this *HUG* on behalf of AM/Sham players everywhere(and the Plebs on other classes....)

Looking very much forward to the servers progresssion!

As always, thank you to the entire team for all you guys/gals do! Much Waaagh!
Azarael wrote: It's only a nerf if you're bad.

(see, I can shitpost too!)
Secrets wrote: Kindly adjust your attitude to actually help the community and do not impose your will on it. You aren't as powerful as you think.

Noergl

Post#50 » Sat Jul 28, 2018 8:57 pm

Hello again, Azarael. Im glad we have you back.

You know, and i tried to told you that more than once, that i admired your efforts and always was astonished about how many (and most of the time rude) comments and shittalk you had to endure on the forum and ingame chat. I felt really bad when you announced you were leaving, and im happy youre back.

But please allow me to express some thoughts:

During your absence, the staff worked hard and reached some impressive achievements. Yes, not everyone liked changes, and some people and their attitude (and no, i will not call names) ingame and in the forums towards the devs was horrible and not acceptable. Enforcing rules and using bans as a final step in dealing with cheating and insults is never easy, but (again in my own opinion) most of these bans were justified. Talking with lots of other players i know most of them didnt shed a tear and were happy that the devs took a civilised playing environement sincere. And i really really hope that it is not your intention to give all those banned a general amnesty to come back, that would neither be good for the comunity, nor for the credibility of your co-staff.

I admit, reading your post i got the impression you disagree with the way your successors handled things. Opinions are not always the same, thats a given, but the picture some people would like to paint of the downfall of the server and its rapid spiralling descend into the abyss - and that mostly because of some evil egomaniac staff members with personal grudges and agendas – is simply put „bs“. Please dont give in to treacherous whispers calling one person or another the root of all evil.
Thats ego, personal pride, narcissism or tzeentch talking.

I would like, instead of reading lots of (unnecessary) apologies, to find some more clear words about the TEAM effort of the staff and how you have their backs and support their decisions in the last months.
Im sure some will disagree, but i felt the need to express this.
Sorry, if my words seem ill chosen, english isnt my native language.

And again, welcome back.
Lorekeeper Noergl Morgrimsfind & Sgt.Maj.Finvjer Hugnirsson
(Co-leader of 3rd Bitterstone Thunderers)