Recent Topics

Ads

Statement current exploits

The latest news from the battlefront.
Find out what the developers are working on.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Rsoe

Re: Statement current exploits

Post#81 » Mon Apr 13, 2015 2:36 pm

Adell wrote:
Vampire wrote:
Adell wrote:The exploiters have now already invested all their gold in jewelries, weapons and gear. Some will try to store gold in mails during this wipe I could imagine. If you decide to wipe all gold + the backpack content, they will save their expensive gear and jewelries by equipping alts. This will most likely only punish the honest players.

The only way to do this in a fair way would be to wipe all gold, backpack/vault content and equipped gear.

I think many would find it refreshing to start over.
Dont be silly Adell! Your strugle in gear is being showed in grand fashion.

You remind me more and more of an old enemy of ours, bad sign bro!

Gold wipe would be perfect. But the gear we have now will be useless in Tier 2 anyway, so why on earth clear gear with gold wipe? Tier 2 would be implented after and we would be running arround in Tier 1 farming gear so we can kill mobs in Tier 2. Farm Farm Farm.. 2 months later wipe agian :lol:
What I wrote is what I believe the corrupt players will actually do, not necessarily what I want. I would prefer to keep my gold, gear and everything else since I'm lazy.

For a gold wipe to be effective at the very least all mails (read or unread), backpacks and vaults should be wiped aswell. Or they will just regain their gold by selling all their investments after the wipe. You don't agree with this point?
They will not be able to sell the items if there is no gold. In other words they can't regain the gold, unless they wait for players to get gold either by quests or by farming. Ofc that would happen at some point, but ppl would most likely have farmed the gear themselves, if a increase in lvlcap was introduced alongside the goldwipe.

Ads
xitroxas

Post#82 » Mon Apr 13, 2015 2:37 pm

Yes. As a matter of fact, it is. Why is killing the same 12 players 1000 times fun? Because you enjoy it. There's nothing for anyone else to understand. Its what you like. Who cares what others feel about it. It'd be great if those types of people would extend the same consideration to people like Xiu and myself.

Edit: @tiggo
Bigx - Black orc — Lilx - squig herder

Adell

Post#83 » Mon Apr 13, 2015 2:42 pm

Rsoe wrote:They will not be able to sell the items if there is no gold. In other words they can't regain the gold, unless they wait for players to get gold either by quests or by farming. Ofc that would happen at some point, but ppl would most likely have farmed the gear themselves, if a increase in lvlcap was introduced alongside the goldwipe.
A gold coin would be worth a hundred times more after the wipe and these items would have the same value.
Last edited by Adell on Mon Apr 13, 2015 2:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mowgli | Femto | Megawolf | Darkseid | Skullknight | Bambi
Orz of Norn

"I could feel his muscle tissue collapse under my force. It's ludicrous these mortals even attempt to enter my realm."

Tiggo
Former Staff

Post#84 » Mon Apr 13, 2015 2:43 pm

well if it was fun, then shouldnt a wipe be what you want, so you can do it again and have even more fun?

(i myself dont mind any wipe, cause i had fun playing ror till now, and wiping and doing it again, will be the same fun for me).
- Martock - Tiggo - Antigonos - Mago - Hamilkar - Melquart
- Smooshie (Destro)

xitroxas

Post#85 » Mon Apr 13, 2015 2:45 pm

Tiggo wrote:well if it was fun, then shouldnt a wipe be what you want, so you can do it again and have even more fun?

(i myself dont mind any wipe, cause i had fun playing ror till now, and wiping and doing it again, will be the same fun for me).
No. Because myself and my friends have put in a lot of time and effort into it. We understand that cheaters have ruined it for everyone. We're upset, yes, but we can live with most of it. A total wipe of even our farmed items is a step too far. If as one person suggested, that T2 items will make them worthless anyway, why can't we keep them? We worked for them. We want them.

Telen
Suspended

Post#86 » Mon Apr 13, 2015 2:48 pm

Adell wrote:
What I wrote is what I believe the corrupt players will actually do, not necessarily what I want. I would prefer to keep my gold, gear and everything else since I'm lazy.

For a gold wipe to be effective at the very least all mails (read or unread), backpacks and vaults should be wiped aswell. Or they will just regain their gold by selling all their investments after the wipe. You don't agree with this point?
This

As much as I wouldn't like to lose my stuff. I've sold things for stupid prices as exploiters have raided the ah and probably banked a ton of stuff that they will just sell later. Even if the gear will be useless in t2 they can still drip feed ill-gotten gear into t1 and have a steady income from a exploit.
Last edited by Telen on Mon Apr 13, 2015 2:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SigmarPriest
Former Staff

Post#87 » Mon Apr 13, 2015 2:48 pm

Hello,

please all be gentle. Everybody need to understand that players have different motivations to play this game. Some like to to farm, some like to grind some like pve some like pvp etc.
You don`t need to share the same motivation you just need to accept that they exsists and you need to tolerate them.

This is only for feedback and suggestions. If I see that people just attack each other because they have a different point of view at the game i will close this thread.

regards
Sigmar

Tiggo
Former Staff

Post#88 » Mon Apr 13, 2015 2:55 pm

xitroxas wrote:
Tiggo wrote:well if it was fun, then shouldnt a wipe be what you want, so you can do it again and have even more fun?

No. Because myself and my friends have put in a lot of time and effort into it. We understand that cheaters have ruined it for everyone. We're upset, yes, but we can live with most of it. A total wipe of even our farmed items is a step too far. If as one person suggested, that T2 items will make them worthless anyway, why can't we keep them? We worked for them. We want them.
ok i understand it under a "collectors" point of view.

how about making those items unwearable and unsellable? So you can still "own" them but they cant influence the economy nor current gameplay?

(and my other suggestion still stands: just give everyone the top gear items once for free for t1).
- Martock - Tiggo - Antigonos - Mago - Hamilkar - Melquart
- Smooshie (Destro)

Ads
xitroxas

Post#89 » Mon Apr 13, 2015 3:01 pm

There's got to be some room for compromise here. That's all I'm trying to communicate to the devs. I know it seems like us PVE folks are saying "Take our stuff, we quit." Initially that WAS my feeling. But please. There's gotta be a compromise here.

Rsoe

Post#90 » Mon Apr 13, 2015 3:02 pm

Adell wrote:
Rsoe wrote:They will not be able to sell the items if there is no gold. In other words they can't regain the gold, unless they wait for players to get gold either by quests or by farming. Ofc that would happen at some point, but ppl would most likely have farmed the gear themselves, if a increase in lvlcap was introduced alongside the goldwipe.
A gold coin would be worth a hundred times more after the wipe and these items would have the same market value.
A gold coin is a gold coin. It cant be worth more than a gold coin, because it is the measurement of value i think. If anything the value of a gold coin is not meassured in the item(i think thats reverse?), but the time/effort spend in collecting it. Therefor a gold coin cannot be worth a hundred times more because its too easy to optain. But maybe i am wrong? Please im not trying to present certain facts, so dont get me wrong^^