Recent Topics

Ads

Client download issues and troubleshooting

Problems installing or downloading the game? Check the Install Guide first.
Forum rules
READ THE INSTALL GUIDE BEFORE YOU POST IN THIS SUBFORUM.

The stickies exist to handle common queries. Save our time and yours by reading them first.

Thank you.
xyeppp
Former Staff

Re: Client download issues and troubleshooting

Post#1781 » Sun Jun 25, 2017 9:27 am

Quik wrote:Data.myp:
System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not find file 'C:\Warhammer\Warhammer Online - Return of Reckoning\mythloginserviceconfig.xml'.
File name: 'C:\Warhammer\Warhammer Online - Return of Reckoning\mythloginserviceconfig.xml'
at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
at System.IO.FileStream.Init(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, Int32 rights, Boolean useRights, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES secAttrs, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy, Boolean useLongPath, Boolean checkHost)
at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access)
at RoRLauncher.Client.UpdateWarData()

I see a user just above me said he was having the same problem as this and I as well replaced the launcher with the new one. I see your response was to make sure all the files copied over and as far as I can tell they did. What else am I missing?
Try using this launcher.
Github / Tighub / Stack

Ads
Typhus7

Post#1782 » Sun Jun 25, 2017 12:33 pm

um i need some help i have followed all of the instructions and tried some fixes but i cant create a new character there is no server or create new character opition in the main menu any help is appreciated thanks

mujushin

Post#1783 » Sun Jun 25, 2017 3:58 pm

I've followed all instructions and read the stickied threads suggestions but i still can't get it to work. The files downloaded with no problem, I moved the ROR launcher into the same folder as WAR.EXE and I've also clicked off read only, unblock, and ran it as administrator to no avail. Everytime the launcher opens I just see it's icon in my taskbar. When I mouse over it to see the preview of the window, it just says "main window" and it is completely black underneath that. If i missed any threads please, let me know I've been readin through the suggested ones and have also downloaded from a torrent and from mirrors to see if the files, not the launcher, are the problem but nothing changes. Im on google chrome, and I'm on windows 8.1 64 bit. Im guessing that might be the problem? Will a 32 bit client not work in 64 bit?

Vovochka217548

Post#1784 » Tue Jul 04, 2017 10:48 pm

зашел в аккаунт, но пропали все персонажи. как их вернуть?

warchef444

Post#1785 » Sat Jul 08, 2017 6:42 pm

got this message too that pop up when i login game,
Data.myp:
System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not find file 'C:\Warhammer\Warhammer Online - Return of Reckoning\mythloginserviceconfig.xml'.
File name: 'C:\Warhammer\Warhammer Online - Return of Reckoning\mythloginserviceconfig.xml'
at System.IO.FileStream.Init(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, Int32 rights, Boolean useRights, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES secAttrs, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy, Boolean useLongPath, Boolean checkHost)
at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access)
at RoRLauncher.Client.UpdateWarData()

than im in the menu of the game and there is no character creation button.. i have windows 10 and i tryed to download the other luncher but the same thing append

please help :) !! cant wait to play again heha

Elven
Former Staff

Post#1786 » Sat Jul 08, 2017 6:51 pm

Download this version of the launcher. Unpack it and put it in the game folder (replace any existing files). Then log in

sevosGR

Post#1787 » Tue Jul 11, 2017 3:40 pm

can i say that i did all the steps i downloaded the game from torrent but it says the followting
Error starting: System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the path 'C:\Users\Documents\WARHAMMER\WAR.exe' is denied.
at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy)
at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode)
at RoRLauncher.Client.patchExe()
at RoRLauncher.Client.Handle(PacketIn packet)

can somebody help me i did all the steps like i said but it says this and i am a fan of warhammer and i want to play please help me if you know the problem

Elven
Former Staff

Post#1788 » Tue Jul 11, 2017 5:09 pm

Remove read only on the game folder. It's explained how to in the FAQ topic, which can be found at the top of the page.

Ads
sevosGR

Post#1789 » Tue Jul 11, 2017 6:35 pm

i checked the FAQ topic but i cant see to find a post saying remove only

wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#1790 » Tue Jul 11, 2017 6:40 pm

sevosGR wrote:i checked the FAQ topic but i cant see to find a post saying remove only
Okay.

[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog