account deletion

Problems installing or downloading the game? Check the Install Guide first.
Forum rules
READ THE INSTALL GUIDE BEFORE YOU POST IN THIS SUBFORUM.

The stickies exist to handle common queries. Save our time and yours by reading them first.

Thank you.
Binzu

account deletion

Post#1 » Wed Jan 29, 2020 12:53 pm

Hi everyone.

i was looking around to see if it was possible to delete my account from the site, but i could not find any option to do so my self. do i need to be talking to a GM or send them a mail with a delete request ?
by wargrimnir » Wed Jan 29, 2020 6:08 pm
We don't delete accounts. Just remove your email from your profile and you'll probably never hear from us again. You also won't be able to recover it.
Go to full post

Ads
Boursk

Re: account deletion

Post#2 » Wed Jan 29, 2020 2:00 pm

For what reason?
[3 years on Live = Volkmar > Ironrock > Gorfang > Badlands]

My Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/HannesMW2

wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#3 » Wed Jan 29, 2020 6:08 pm

We don't delete accounts. Just remove your email from your profile and you'll probably never hear from us again. You also won't be able to recover it.
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog

host25

Post#4 » Fri Jul 23, 2021 8:43 am

wargrimnir wrote: Wed Jan 29, 2020 6:08 pm We don't delete accounts. Just remove your email from your profile and you'll probably never hear from us again. You also won't be able to recover it.
Why? What is the purpose of doing that? I just want delete account and every piecie of data about me like email address or previous password or even my login.
Now I am not sure if you don't store also my password :)

w43rt3r

Post#5 » Fri Jul 23, 2021 10:25 am

Hi,

According to european Law he has a "Right to erasure" https://gdpr.eu/article-17-right-to-be-forgotten/
I dont think deleting the Mail-Adress will suffice here.
So it would be good if you implement a way to delete Accounts.
In general, I would recommend your team to take a look at the GDPR. If you haven't had any problems so far, you've been lucky, but as the website and the game is currently running, as I understand it that you are violating some of the regulations that are written down there.
For Example: Where is your privacy statement?, Who is your data protection supervisor?, What kind of data do you process and who has access to it? etc.
And it would be really stupid if this project got into trouble because of that.

best regards

GamesBond
Former Staff

Post#6 » Fri Jul 23, 2021 10:30 am

host25 wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 8:43 am
wargrimnir wrote: Wed Jan 29, 2020 6:08 pm We don't delete accounts. Just remove your email from your profile and you'll probably never hear from us again. You also won't be able to recover it.
Why? What is the purpose of doing that? I just want delete account and every piecie of data about me like email address or previous password or even my login.
Now I am not sure if you don't store also my password :)
Nothing is stored from our side, you can change your email to any random - non existing - email address. Passwords are encrypted.