Recent Topics

Ads

Solved - Login Timeout Error

Problems installing or downloading the game? Check the Install Guide first.
Forum rules
READ THE INSTALL GUIDE BEFORE YOU POST IN THIS SUBFORUM.

The stickies exist to handle common queries. Save our time and yours by reading them first.

Thank you.
ravensblast

Solved - Login Timeout Error

Post#1 » Tue Jan 10, 2017 5:40 am

Hi all, followed the steps below but still getting a login timeout error I've tried about 20 times over the course of 24 hrs to log into the game. This was to see if it was due to number of people on server causing some connection lag.

Server version as shown: 1.4.8 Build 573

Rig Specs:
Windows 10 Pro
i5 6500 @ 3.2Ghz
16 GB RAM
AMD 7950 3GB
248 GB Free on drive game is located on
Net connect is Wifi
<Login Timeout> I can't get into the game

-This happens when the server is down
-This happens when the server is laggy

Check the website first if the server is down or other people have this problem too.

Otherwise follow this:

download Hotspot Shield VPN: http://www.chip.de/downloads/Hotspot-Sh ... 00785.html

Then just start the game and it should work.

(Own risk)

Anti-virus/Firewall Settings

It's always a good idea when dealing with unknown compatibility issues to whitelist the folders and applications you're trying to get to work. Your anti-virus and/or malware scanner may be blocking any number of files and processes either WAR or the RoR Launcher need in order to run. Most AV software has the ability to temporarily disable it for testing. If that is blocking the game from working, then look up how to add the WAR folder to the whitelist. If you find a specific piece of software that is blocking RoR, please let us know so we can add it to the list.

Windows Firewall is a bit more standard. You can simply disable to firewall to test whether or not it's having an effect on your ability to connect to the game properly. If it works, then you'll need to either look up how to add exceptions, or leave it disabled.

Applications known to interfere with RoR
- AVG Firewall

Ads
TheJoyous114

Re: Login Timeout Error

Post#2 » Wed Mar 01, 2017 5:31 pm

I'm having this problem as well, I was playing just fine the day before yesterday, and then very suddenly I couldn't log in at all yesterday, and it seems like today is going to be this way as well. Bumping this thread in hopes of answers.

Have tried the new/different launcher suggestion, and Hotspot Shield VPN actually just makes it worse.

EDIT: Friend nabbed a different VPN for me, issue resolved for me, still bumping for OP.

ravensblast

Post#3 » Thu Mar 02, 2017 1:05 am

Same as above sourced a different VPN and it's now working.

Ley
Former Staff

Post#4 » Sat Mar 04, 2017 6:48 pm

Solved and closed.