Recent Topics

Ads

Problems installing or downloading the game? Check the Install Guide first.
Forum rules
READ THE INSTALL GUIDE BEFORE YOU POST IN THIS SUBFORUM.

The stickies exist to handle common queries. Save our time and yours by reading them first.

Thank you.
Vimotakto

Post#1 » Thu Sep 21, 2017 4:23 pm

Hiya,

I've been having some issues with logging in since moving house about 10 days ago, and I'm hoping that someone can point me in the right direction.

I believe my specific issue falls under the 'Login' section of the Technical Support Sticky, where it mentions that the launcher isn't perfect etc. The suggestion to continue attempting to log in hasn't worked over a prolonged period of attempts, so after a bit more forum trawling I found a post suggesting that I attempt to login using my mobile as a wifi hotspot.

This has enabled me to log on using my mobile data, but unfortunately didn't resolve the issue and then allow me to log on normally through my home wifi as the poster had suggested having completed this step. I have also attempted to access using a VPN to no avail.

I've attempted a couple of reinstallations which haven't yielded any different results. Most infuriatingly, my old landlord can log into my account at my previous address using my details.

Apologies if I've missed anything obvious, but I'd really appreciate any assistance - not sure if this is a server side issue rather than client side?

Cheers,

Vimo

Ads
Hargrim
Developer

Re: Log in issues - having read the stickies I'm still stucky

Post#2 » Tue Sep 26, 2017 5:16 pm

Can you post some screenshots of errors or blank screens you get?

Vimotakto

Post#3 » Wed Sep 27, 2017 7:09 am

Hi Hargrim,

Thanks for the response and taking the time to speak to my friend last night to try and help me with this!

https://imgur.com/a/cTMLl

Once again, apologies if I'm missed anything obvious in the stickies that I haven't already tried in the first post. Appreciate your time.

Vimo

Vimotakto

Post#4 » Wed Sep 27, 2017 7:31 am

Again, @Hargrim

Here's a screeny where I'm logged into the game using my mobile as a wifi hotspot 2 minutes later.

https://imgur.com/a/C2V8j

Hopefully this information is helpful!

Cheers,

Vimo

Secrets
Former Staff

Post#5 » Wed Sep 27, 2017 7:51 am

Port 8048 is used for the loginserver and 10622 is the port used for the gameserver.
Try confirming those are unblocked by your ISP.

Hargrim
Developer

Post#6 » Wed Sep 27, 2017 7:52 am

Secrets wrote:Port 8048 is used for the loginserver and 10622 is the port used for the gameserver.
Try confirming those are unblocked by your ISP.
You might also want to check your router configuration - you might (for some reason) block it there and when tethering from your phone you walk around it.

Vimotakto

Post#7 » Wed Sep 27, 2017 5:22 pm

Thanks very much for the advice chaps!

As you both suggest, it' seems to be either ISP or a router config issue - I've got no connectivity on either of those ports.

Unfortunately, as I don't have access to the log in info to check the router config (I can't even imagine initiating a conversation about this with my stepdad, who is still convinced purchasing products on amazon will result in the loss of his identity, car and house), I think I shall wait until I arrive at uni on Sunday and try it up there - hopefully it's a problem that fixes itself when I log onto the new network, if not then I have a better chance chatting to someone there in the IT department to help.

Thanks again for taking the time to give me the advice, hope to see you in game in the very near future!

Vimo

Hargrim
Developer

Post#8 » Wed Sep 27, 2017 5:26 pm

You can still play using tethering from your phone - RoR use very little bandwitch.

Ads
Prosthetics

Post#9 » Mon Oct 09, 2017 7:06 pm

Is 10622 and 8048 outbound only or inbound too?

Hargrim
Developer

Post#10 » Mon Oct 09, 2017 8:00 pm

Set both to open, test, remove one, test again :P.