Recent Topics

Ads

Win 10 1803 "April Update" - Black, No Graphics, Only buttons

Problems installing or downloading the game? Check the Install Guide first.
Forum rules
READ THE INSTALL GUIDE BEFORE YOU POST IN THIS SUBFORUM.

The stickies exist to handle common queries. Save our time and yours by reading them first.

Thank you.
nibbles

Re: Win 10 1803 "April Update" - Black, No Graphics, Only buttons

Post#21 » Sun May 20, 2018 6:46 pm

current eu Windows versions ship with a new windows defender domain and private firewall.
Right click into network sharing->Select Ethernet on left tab.
click into your Ethernet connection.
click the link to change firewall settings (acknowledge system changing apps)
work through windows defender and disable both Domain and Private firewalls
if that works, then you go digging further into defender firewall to make certain that war.exe is allowed

Ads
ktomais

Post#22 » Sun May 20, 2018 6:51 pm

Thanks for the suggestion nibbles, I had already tried turning the firewalls off, also from my AV suite. I did it once more as you suggested but with no luck.

nibbles

Post#23 » Sun May 20, 2018 7:11 pm

there is two, link to control panel and windows firewall also windows defender domain / private firewalls (actually same but app level difference). try both off.

one other thing to try is your nic driver, some have trouble with priority sets. do you notice windows update hog's all the throughput? go to your mobo website and d/l the latest drivers and then manually update the driver using the .inf file navigate to the windows 64 ones as appropriate.

ktomais

Post#24 » Sun May 20, 2018 7:32 pm

Changes had no effect as well. I've confirmed that the NIC (Intel I219-V adapter) has the latest Intel drivers provided by the manufacturer website.

ktomais

Post#25 » Sun May 20, 2018 7:53 pm

Godsdemon03 wrote: Fri May 18, 2018 10:28 pm I had no problems playing last nite that aren't normal (lag, etc). I rebooted my PC and it told me I had updates it had to run. After doing so I'm in the same boat as the poster. WIN10 Updated and this game went to **** but other games are working fine. Yes, I also updated my GF drivers as well thinking that might be the kicker, no luck. Reinstalled the game, natta.

What is your GPU?

nibbles

Post#26 » Thu May 24, 2018 11:21 am

open up m$ firewall with adv security :-

right click start menu - task manager -> File : run new task and tick run as admin. type in wf.msc and ok to run

Step 1:
on the left pane click inbound rules. on the right hand pane click new rule...
select this as a program. Next.
Browse to your war.exe (may appear as %system% etc. fine as it is). Next.
Allow connection ticked. Next.
Tick in each domain/private/public. Next
give this a meaningful name and Finish.

repeat same from Step 1 this time browse to the RoRLauncher.exe within the war root folder

once you have the inbound rules set for these two, step next to outbound rules on the left pane and then repeat the step 1 for again both war.exe and RoRLauncher.exe

This will ensure that the war is allowed through firewalls.
If you have any other software firewall (avg firewall etc. temporarily disable these until you get a server handshake)

ktomais

Post#27 » Thu May 24, 2018 2:15 pm

I'll test it, but do you think it's network related?

In the first post I've included some screenshots. To me it looks more like the graphics api, driver/os relationship or something related to that.

Launcher and game look like to be networking fine.

In any case I'll update with results.

nibbles

Post#28 » Thu May 24, 2018 4:46 pm

that black screen is due to directx9.dll
d/l the sdk zip from step 6 <url>https://www.returnofreckoning.com/join. ... nload</url>
extract and run the dxsetup.exe as administrator
look in your ./Windows/System32/.
you should see files d3dx9_24.dll up to d3dx9_43.dll

if they are present, then create a new (standard) user in windows and sign into that and try running the launcher again

another possible is the user/UserSettings.xml-><FullScreen width="1366" is a resolution normally used for some tv's and laptops that should be avoided if you can. perhaps this is causing you hdmi issues? try adjusting this to your current/native desktop resolution.

Ads
ktomais

Post#29 » Thu May 24, 2018 6:00 pm

I had already done the DX9 thing previously, and repeated it for safety. I also followed your firewall steps to create the rules, and manually changed the resolution parameters in the UserSettings.xml

Also I copy-pasted the .dll files with the Warhammer folder.

Needles to say nothing helped. :)

Rodek

Post#30 » Thu May 24, 2018 6:23 pm

If you have system restore enabled on your computer you could try that. You won't lose files/folders but any programs installed after that date will be removed.