Recent Topics

Ads

Toon name issue

Problems installing or downloading the game? Check the Install Guide first.
Forum rules
READ THE INSTALL GUIDE BEFORE YOU POST IN THIS SUBFORUM.

The stickies exist to handle common queries. Save our time and yours by reading them first.

Thank you.
Orontes

Toon name issue

Post#1 » Mon Jul 09, 2018 8:31 pm

Hello Technical Support Powers,

I have created some toons on the base character display, but they weren't active. They simply had names I liked and planned to use at some point. With the recent SH changes, I was going to give one a go. But, I decided to erase the toon to change his face. Once that was done, I wasn't able to recreate the toon with the same name. I would get a message saying I had entered a duplicate or invalid name. The character is gone for the class options (as I had deleted the toon), however, if I look into the game files, I can see the old toon (wthe name is still there: I mean if I look in the Communication folder I can see the toon folder with the old name). I don't think this is a case of some other taking that name in the short period I was attempting to redo the toon. What do you suggest? Thanks
Last edited by Orontes on Tue Jul 10, 2018 12:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ads
Luuca

Re: Toon name issue

Post#2 » Mon Jul 09, 2018 8:34 pm

IIRC once the server is rebooted, that old name on the character you deleted will once again become available. If you play often enough the server is reset quite often, and you should be able to reuse the name.

marisco

Post#3 » Mon Jul 09, 2018 9:14 pm

Yep, need to wait for a server restart to clear the names.

Orontes

Post#4 » Tue Jul 10, 2018 12:44 am

Thank you gentlemen,

So would the server reboot be the weekly Friday actions I usually see?

Nastylicious

Post#5 » Tue Jul 10, 2018 1:12 am

you can change face and look at the barber in IC and logout after you have done it to complete the change :D hope this help in the future insted of deleting

Natherul
Former Staff

Post#6 » Tue Jul 10, 2018 7:59 am

Orontes wrote: Tue Jul 10, 2018 12:44 am Thank you gentlemen,

So would the server reboot be the weekly Friday actions I usually see?
Correct, unless we decide to "hotfix" early then patches are Fridays/Saturdays (depending on your timezone=

Orontes

Post#7 » Tue Jul 10, 2018 11:51 am

Thank you all for your help. I should have remembered about the bloody barber option: good point on that.