Recent Topics

Ads

Client has malware???

Problems installing or downloading the game? Check the Install Guide first.
Forum rules
READ THE INSTALL GUIDE BEFORE YOU POST IN THIS SUBFORUM.

The stickies exist to handle common queries. Save our time and yours by reading them first.

Thank you.
Eathisword

Re: Client has malware???

Post#11 » Sun Sep 23, 2018 2:09 am

Laurentz wrote: Sun Sep 23, 2018 1:24 am Yep antivirus just triggered while playing and shutdown the game. Triggered by zpevdo
Just happened after that Doom scenario right ? I had the same problem, happen just now.
Farfadet, RR72 shaman
Volgograd, RR80 IB
Video thread here.

Ads
GARRYJ

Post#12 » Sun Sep 23, 2018 6:16 am

Same issue here. Windows defender would not let me execute it and claimed it was highly dangerous. ALL related files vanished after I let win defender run a virus scan on that one file. Not sure how to restore quarantined file. I sumbitted a false positive report and am waiting on microsoft to double check if its safe.

10SCN

Post#13 » Sun Sep 23, 2018 10:17 pm

Sophos is doing the same thing. For me, that's the final straw for Sophos. Uninstalling Sophos...

zabis

Post#14 » Sun Sep 23, 2018 10:49 pm

I ran RORUpdater.exe and it reDL'd the launcher and I think I'm in now
Soulcheg wrote:Want mirrored classes - play chess.
Genisaurus wrote:You are not entitled to Best-in-Slot gear just because you log on.

navis

Post#15 » Mon Sep 24, 2018 2:02 am

My launcher disappeared from my desktop... no virus warnings, I thought it was an accident, now I'm not sure. ??
Running Defender, no logs regarding it that I have been able to find.

K13R

Post#16 » Mon Sep 24, 2018 3:46 am

Im taking the entire thing to my work where Ill have the "White" Hats take a look at at all Ill let you know what is up. If there is something amiss or not

*this also isnt the first emu that I know that place something shady in their launcher

Hargrim
Developer

Post#17 » Mon Sep 24, 2018 7:10 am

K13R wrote: Mon Sep 24, 2018 3:46 am Im taking the entire thing to my work where Ill have the "White" Hats take a look at at all Ill let you know what is up. If there is something amiss or not

*this also isnt the first emu that I know that place something shady in their launcher

Good luck!

RANT

Post#18 » Mon Sep 24, 2018 8:37 am

Trojan:Win32/Zpevdo.A

Alert level: Severe
Date: 9/24/2018

Recommended action: Remove threat now.
Category: Trojan
Details: This program is dangerous and executes commands from an attacker.

Affected items:
file: C:\Program Files\Warhammer Online - Age of Reckoning\RoRLauncher.exe

This threat can perform a number of actions of a malicious hacker's choice on your PC.
Any other devs want to weigh in on this? The only response from anyone in any official capacity is a dev saying "Good luck!" which does not exactly put me at ease. I understand it could be a false flag for what the client does but I am missing any official word. It would help a lot for us to enjoy the game we love worry-free. :?

Ads
Sigimund

Post#19 » Mon Sep 24, 2018 9:07 am

RANT wrote: Mon Sep 24, 2018 8:37 am
Trojan:Win32/Zpevdo.A

Alert level: Severe
Date: 9/24/2018

Recommended action: Remove threat now.
Category: Trojan
Details: This program is dangerous and executes commands from an attacker.

Affected items:
file: C:\Program Files\Warhammer Online - Age of Reckoning\RoRLauncher.exe

This threat can perform a number of actions of a malicious hacker's choice on your PC.
Any other devs want to weigh in on this? The only response from anyone in any official capacity is a dev saying "Good luck!" which does not exactly put me at ease. I understand it could be a false flag for what the client does but I am missing any official word. It would help a lot for us to enjoy the game we love worry-free. :?
They have.
viewtopic.php?t=28547

Hargrim
Developer

Post#20 » Mon Sep 24, 2018 9:49 am

Sure, I can weight in and say that this is false positive.

But it doesn't really matter because if somebody chose to not trust the team any response from the team are not trustworthy in the first place, right?

You either chose to trust nobody here (from the team) want to break your PC and steal your stuff or you don't.