Recent Topics

Ads

RoR Launcher

Problems installing or downloading the game? Check the Install Guide first.
Forum rules
READ THE INSTALL GUIDE BEFORE YOU POST IN THIS SUBFORUM.

The stickies exist to handle common queries. Save our time and yours by reading them first.

Thank you.
WarCroma

RoR Launcher

Post#1 » Wed Apr 17, 2019 6:01 am

Starting the launcher downloads the whole game again.....

I can't start the WAR.exe applications, says I need to start WARPATCH and try again..
there is no warpatch program

also putting the whole folder on read won't save the change. I need to have the folder options open the whole time.

Ads
Acidic

Re: RoR Launcher

Post#2 » Wed Apr 17, 2019 6:22 am

This thread has some video of how to download the game and start it, might help

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=31241

WarCroma

Post#3 » Wed Apr 17, 2019 3:42 pm

thing is, I downloaded and played yesterday without problems.

but when I start it again, it goes through all the patching and downloading of stuff again..

it took almost 2hrs to do that the first time and I sure as hell dont want to do that every godamn time I try to enter the game.

Acidic

Post#4 » Wed Apr 17, 2019 4:30 pm

WarCroma wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 3:42 pm thing is, I downloaded and played yesterday without problems.

but when I start it again, it goes through all the patching and downloading of stuff again..

it took almost 2hrs to do that the first time and I sure as hell dont want to do that every godamn time I try to enter the game.
Normally the process is download via torrent,
(Put downloaded stuff in directory, say c:\ror , not in programs or similar as windows protects those as special directories)
Remove write protect
Download launcher
(Put in same directory say c:\ror)
Start launcher, it will verify and then download about 4500 files patching to current release
Close launcher totally
Start launcher it will download about 350 files , odd bonus load fixes opening bags in some strange way
Now u can play

In short there is a fe download steps :)