Duplicate Name Warning

Problems installing or downloading the game? Check the Install Guide first.
Forum rules
READ THE INSTALL GUIDE BEFORE YOU POST IN THIS SUBFORUM.

The stickies exist to handle common queries. Save our time and yours by reading them first.

Thank you.
warlover

Duplicate Name Warning

Post#1 » Sat Apr 24, 2021 1:11 pm

Hello im trying to log in this morning and it pops up i have a Duplicate name and must change it, i have had the same name since day 1 of this server any help will be appreciated

Ads
sioding
Game Master

Re: Duplicate Name Warning

Post#2 » Sat Apr 24, 2021 3:03 pm

Its not important since when you have the name. When a GM spots your name / or you've been reported and the name is against the rules you have to change it. So ask yourself if the name is fine while reading this rule:
1.5 No offensive, political, religious, vulgar, sexual, or racially charged nicknames.
This also includes impersonating public figures (IRL, on RoR project). This is applies to both your forum account and any character names. « Offensive » may be subjective, but as owners of this project, it will be –in the end- our definition. Rather than define a vast list of potentially offensive names, please have some common sense and avoid anything that would cause others to take issue with your name. One inappropriate name will result in a one-time warning, multiple names will result in a ban. Blatantly offensive names may result in an immediate permanent ban.
OCRANA ...deal with it!
Jolinor
Siolor

sioding[at]returnofreckoning.com

Delegator

Post#3 » Sat Apr 24, 2021 3:38 pm

But, a duplicate name is not the same as an offensive one, is it? I think the original poster is asking how they can be flagged as having a duplicate suddenly now, because if they had the name since Day 1 then if there is a duplicate, the later-created name should be the one that has to change.

Could it be due to creation of an NPC that has the same name or something like that?

wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#4 » Sat Apr 24, 2021 3:43 pm

Delegator wrote: Sat Apr 24, 2021 3:38 pm But, a duplicate name is not the same as an offensive one, is it? I think the original poster is asking how they can be flagged as having a duplicate suddenly now, because if they had the name since Day 1 then if there is a duplicate, the later-created name should be the one that has to change.

Could it be due to creation of an NPC that has the same name or something like that?
It's the limited support messages available in the client that are sent. That's probably the closest thing available to be used.
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog

Delegator

Post#5 » Sat Apr 24, 2021 8:19 pm

Thanks for the clarification. Most helpful!

warlover

Post#6 » Sun Apr 25, 2021 3:25 am

So i joined June 2014 and 7 years later my name is not good enough, also had it since the start of live server, they had no problem played with devs all the time, played with Max here alot in the early days working things out no problem, maybe time to start fixing all the stuff falling apart on this server and stop all the petty stuff imho