Ads

Changelog 02/11/16

Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Morf

Re: Changelog 02/11/16

Post#31 » Wed Nov 02, 2016 3:45 pm

dur3al wrote:
Unfortunately there is no point to communicate in a zone, it pains me to see so many groups out there each just doing their own thing.
Currently, the whole zone is a funnel, it starts and all ends at the keep, hence many people just afk/wait or do nothing until the keep fight starts. By changing the focus from the keep to the actual zone it changes a lot of things, most of them in a good way if you ask me.
I tend to agree with this, although its still early in the new rvr system i see more negatives then the previous system, a combination of both systems imo would be perfect.

When one side has a larger force its seems more difficult then the previous system for the smaller force to do anything, no longer does capturing bo's while the zerg is attacking your keep have a big impact, its pretty pointless at the moment.
Also having a zone lock on keep capture dulls it down imo, last system you had the opportunity to prevent a zone lock by using tactics and teamwork between your realm(which also helps build some sort of realm pride), in the future when city sieges come to the game the previous system of having to control bo's and the keeps to cap a zone is a big +, it slows down the zerg and makes it more difficult.

The new cannon implementation imo has had a negative impact on keep sieges, no longer do ppl care for rams and no longer do players engage in a keep siege, currently the zerg just sits back away from the keep firing cannons until the door is down, this is boring. Given that aoe siege cannons do huge damage to players my group have left a keep defense to avoid the huge damage where as previously we would have stayed and fought with the keep lord.

The idea of the cannons to stop funnelling is a good one but i feel it needs some adjusting, its not only used to stop funnelling but to also stop bo captures and to just farm kills, i hate to see the old siege weapon pads but if it was only placeable directly inline with a keep door and could only be fired in a straight line into the doorway it would serve its purpose without ppl thinking omfg siege weapons are op.
Morfee - Shaman / Mynnos - Kotbs / Grubod - Black Orc / Snubz - Squig Herder

Ads
dur3al

Post#32 » Wed Nov 02, 2016 3:51 pm

Akalukz wrote:I see where dureal is going. Control the zone to attack the keep.

Think of Praag. Southern Keep and a Northern keep. In order for either side to seige they need to maintain control of the in between (4 bos) This is what the last ORvR was had to have 3 bo's to seige. It didin't work either. It is ideal, but not realistic. Maybe it should merge with the current ORvR.

BO control. the keep ranking systems and one active zone. Force the fight. I can see it in my minds eye! Underdog realms defending specific BO's to halt an advance. Cannons to break them, cannons to help defend them. If only it would work that way.
Last system was also a funnel ending up at the keep, i'll explain:

What happened was that once one side had 3 or 4 BOs they would start singeing the keep, they would only bother to leave the keep to defend the 3rd BO, if they lost it, all they needed to do was wait (bad for oRvR), they would even wait until all BOs flipped in order to lock them one after the other again increasing their odds on having enough time to take the keep. So BOs was a mean to an end, the end being the keep. After keep was taken then it was just a matter of zerging the last BO, and for the defenders there was no incentive in keep taking BOs because there was no possibility to look a zone anyway.

To summarize, in the last system you could effectively simply zerg one objective after the other and take the keep in a short window of time. Current system is kinda the same once keeps are rank 5.

But imagine if the BOs had no locking timer (or only the BOs closer to the warcamps would have some lock time due their proximity with the warcamp while the mid BOs would have no lock timer at all, some players would need to sit at it and defend, but they just didn't do it because all the major rewards and contributions were in the keep not in the BO it-self. And as the keep being super friendly for ranged, and ranged being the majority of the population atm, most people would rather lose the zone but reap benefits from AAO killing in the keep, as well because they would have no real chance of finding a good/equal odds fight.

The question you've to ask is: is it possible for one faction to roll in a big zerg and do the end objective? If yes, then you'll fall into the same problems as always.
When the answer is that they need to be at different places at the same time, then it'll be a step in the right direction. Even make a check to see if there is at least 5 (# is an example) players in one BO to count as secure, failing to do so it'll count as neutral, that opens opportunity for the underdog side to hit it if they know which BO has the least amount of defenders (scouting suddenly makes sense and is very important, as well as keep tracks of enemy movement, promoting communication).
Martyr's Square: Sync & Nerfedbuttons - enigma
Martyr's Square: Dureal & Method - Disrespect/It's Orz again
Badlands: Dureal & Alatheus - Exo
Karak-Norn: Sejanus - Blitz/Elementz

sanii

Post#33 » Wed Nov 02, 2016 4:52 pm

Azarael wrote: Fixed an issue causing Whirling Axe and Wrecking Ball to scale with 4x the user's Strength bonus instead of 2x.
I am curious about this one , is the initial buff to those 2 abilities supposed to double their damage or double their scaling? As per
Azarael wrote:
The damage of Whirling Axe has been doubled, and it will increase your Dodge and Disrupt rates by 25% while active.
I tried both abilities on my WL and my Mara just now ( I didn't get to play my WL on the 4x scaling bug) and they do seem to be doing more but a noticeably good chunk below double their tooltip damage
<Pxl> <Luewee> <Fhc> and many many more!
[Deep and Dry] - Order
[Dark Omen] - Destruction

Akalukz

Post#34 » Wed Nov 02, 2016 5:11 pm

dur3al wrote:
Spoiler:
Akalukz wrote:I see where dureal is going. Control the zone to attack the keep.

Think of Praag. Southern Keep and a Northern keep. In order for either side to seige they need to maintain control of the in between (4 bos) This is what the last ORvR was had to have 3 bo's to seige. It didin't work either. It is ideal, but not realistic. Maybe it should merge with the current ORvR.

BO control. the keep ranking systems and one active zone. Force the fight. I can see it in my minds eye! Underdog realms defending specific BO's to halt an advance. Cannons to break them, cannons to help defend them. If only it would work that way.
Last system was also a funnel ending up at the keep, i'll explain:

What happened was that once one side had 3 or 4 BOs they would start singeing the keep, they would only bother to leave the keep to defend the 3rd BO, if they lost it, all they needed to do was wait (bad for oRvR), they would even wait until all BOs flipped in order to lock them one after the other again increasing their odds on having enough time to take the keep. So BOs was a mean to an end, the end being the keep. After keep was taken then it was just a matter of zerging the last BO, and for the defenders there was no incentive in keep taking BOs because there was no possibility to look a zone anyway.

To summarize, in the last system you could effectively simply zerg one objective after the other and take the keep in a short window of time. Current system is kinda the same once keeps are rank 5.
But imagine if the BOs had no locking timer (or only the BOs closer to the warcamps would have some lock time due their proximity with the warcamp while the mid BOs would have no lock timer at all, some players would need to sit at it and defend, but they just didn't do it because all the major rewards and contributions were in the keep not in the BO it-self. And as the keep being super friendly for ranged, and ranged being the majority of the population atm, most people would rather lose the zone but reap benefits from AAO killing in the keep, as well because they would have no real chance of finding a good/equal odds fight.

The question you've to ask is: is it possible for one faction to roll in a big zerg and do the end objective? If yes, then you'll fall into the same problems as always.
When the answer is that they need to be at different places at the same time, then it'll be a step in the right direction. Even make a check to see if there is at least 5 (# is an example) players in one BO to count as secure, failing to do so it'll count as neutral, that opens opportunity for the underdog side to hit it if they know which BO has the least amount of defenders (scouting suddenly makes sense and is very important, as well as keep tracks of enemy movement, promoting communication).
I see what you are saying there, sounds like a domination BO system, you have to maintain domination of the bo to get the benefit of the bo.
-= Agony =-

SpacestarKid

Post#35 » Wed Nov 02, 2016 7:40 pm

During funneling defense. No comments.

Shogun, Zama, Mashka, Antifreeze, Alcotester

bloodi
Suspended

Post#36 » Wed Nov 02, 2016 7:41 pm

SpacestarKid wrote:During funneling defense. No comments.

I am playing the worlds smallest violin for you right now.

Turns out that the cannons made to discourage zergs funneling are doing their job.

wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#37 » Thu Nov 03, 2016 3:00 am

bloodi wrote:

Turns out that the cannons made to discourage zergs funneling are doing their job.
On the realism side of things, you DID get hit by two cannon shots and pelted with shrapnel before you died. That's... not bad.
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog

dur3al

Post#38 » Thu Nov 03, 2016 4:06 am

wargrimnir wrote:
bloodi wrote:

On the realism side of things, you DID get hit by two cannon shots and pelted with shrapnel before you died. That's... not bad.
I don't think you guys are seeing past his "qq". If he wasn't at the keep, where would he be? Who would he be fighting if everyone (certainly all the enemies) are at the keep? If all the rewards (contribution) are at the keep? If the chance to fight someone and fulfill your oRvR role is currently only at the keep?

How can you guys blame for the overpopulated side to zerg when you've a system like this in place? Soon this guy will just quit oRvR altogether because things like these (the damage from cannons) is stupid and non-skilled and non-fun. What do you expect the guy to do?

I'd honestly like an answer for that since you're all so easily and eager to jump on the "stop zerging lolzz" bandwagon. Honestly.

PS: Needless to say if you answer he should be roaming or defending a BO, i'd ask WHY? If after rank 5 there is no necessity for it?

Ads
bloodi
Suspended

Post#39 » Thu Nov 03, 2016 4:29 pm

dur3al wrote:II'd honestly like an answer for that since you're all so easily and eager to jump on the "stop zerging lolzz" bandwagon. Honestly.
I dont really know what part of "you cant funnel keeps anymore" seems so complicated to you.

If you lost all bos and let the enemy tow cannons to your keep, you lost it. Thats all, if you go and try to funnel, you are going to eat cannon hits till you realize you cant do that anymore.

Where should he be? Not in a losing position, this is like asking what should he do when he is at 100 hp, with no healers or tanks around and he is going to get attacked and killed in the next gcd, the only answer is he houldnt have gotten himself in that situation to begin with.

People were too used to ignore the orvr till there was a keep defense and then they would go there, lolaoe the door and reap rewards, now you have to get out and fight for the bos and kill people towing siege, get used to it.

dur3al

Post#40 » Thu Nov 03, 2016 4:45 pm

bloodi wrote:
dur3al wrote:II'd honestly like an answer for that since you're all so easily and eager to jump on the "stop zerging lolzz" bandwagon. Honestly.
I dont really know what part of "you cant funnel keeps anymore" seems so complicated to you.

If you lost all bos and let the enemy tow cannons to your keep, you lost it. Thats all, if you go and try to funnel, you are going to eat cannon hits till you realize you cant do that anymore.

Where should he be? Not in a losing position, this is like asking what should he do when he is at 100 hp, with no healers or tanks around and he is going to get attacked and killed in the next gcd, the only answer is he houldnt have gotten himself in that situation to begin with.

People were too used to ignore the orvr till there was a keep defense and then they would go there, lolaoe the door and reap rewards, now you have to get out and fight for the bos and kill people towing siege, get used to it.
Most of the times the attackers chain lock BOs when going for keep, so the BO is from his realm, so what now?

That could also easily happen outside a funnel, on courtyard for example, since usually you will certainly be around people after past the funnel position, so that also makes no sense. If fights remain around the keep for the zone reward, the problem will remain the same.

That could also happen for the defenders too, then what's the point? Since usually at inner you're guaranteed to be around other people - read Morfee's post for reference.

Cannons are simply not fun and stupid greifing tools, and I'm sure everyone agree that if mechanic-wise the game was better, we wouldn't even need them... and an interesting fix is to not make everything about the keep as I lengthily suggested previously.