Changelog 17/11/16

Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Azarael

Changelog 17/11/16

Post#1 » Thu Nov 17, 2016 2:13 am

[Experimental Mode]

Warrior Priest / Disciple of Khaine

Unlike the other .ex modes, there is a problem of mixed DoK/WP groups ruining the feedback by creating states that should not exist. Therefore, Experimental Mode has been temporarily forced.

- In Devotion and Vitality, Sigmar's Radiance and Transfer Essence heal for 550% of the damage both received and mitigated by the target rather than a base component and a damage component. This value will increase with the Grace of Sigmar and Empowered Transfer tactics. This is to ensure that detaunts and damage reductions affect the output of these skills equally when compared with Divine Assault and Rend Soul.
- Challenge will now affect Devotion and Vitality melee healing.
- Absorb shields will now affect Devotion and Vitality melee healing.
- Fixed an issue causing the Soul Willpower proc from Devotion and Vitality not to consider the portion of Willpower that was transferred to Strength for the Willpower stacking buff value. This would lead to poor or no Willpower being granted by the stacking buff to players who did not have high Strength from items.
- Experimental mode will no longer prevent chalices and books from being equipped. Instead, the offhand regen will no longer work in Experimental mode.

Ads
Stmichael1989

Re: Changelog 17/11/16 (Pending)

Post#2 » Thu Nov 17, 2016 5:35 am

Why the choice to base it entirely on damage done? The combination of armor, guard, challenge, absorb shields, detaunt etc. were easily the biggest factors holding melee healing back. With the current iteration, getting stuck in a tar pit with a tank keeping you snared isn't a death sentence to you or your party, because your primary source of healing isn't shut off.

If lifetaps need some sort of counterplay, far better to make them susceptible to heal debuffs. That way the same tactics work across the board and melee healing keeps the consistency necessary to be a good healer.
StMichael - 40 Warrior Priest
Elhim - 40 Shadow Warrior
Cullexus - 40 Witch Hunter
Teuton Codpiece - 40 Knight
Gritkicker - 40 Slayer

Arbich
Suspended

Post#3 » Thu Nov 17, 2016 5:56 am

As I understand these changes encourage hitting tanks with sigmars radiance.
Absorb shields affect melee-healing means the healing will go down to zero, when you hit against an absorb shield?
Arbich-BW/Xanthippe-WP/Schnipsel-AM

Stmichael1989

Post#4 » Thu Nov 17, 2016 6:24 am

Arbich wrote:As I understand these changes encourage hitting tanks with sigmars radiance.
Absorb shields affect melee-healing means the healing will go down to zero, when you hit against an absorb shield?
Yes to the absorb shield, no to being encouraged to hit tanks. If the healing scales purely with damage done, you're punished for hitting a tank. It'll help to remove challenge if and when it's applied, but between 3.5k+ armor tanks with a good amount of toughness to boot, and guard on the melee DPS they're with, you're looking at roughly half the healing effectiveness against those targets vs the previous iteration. On the other hand, find yourself a good squishy target and you'll be popping off 3k instant cast group heals.
StMichael - 40 Warrior Priest
Elhim - 40 Shadow Warrior
Cullexus - 40 Witch Hunter
Teuton Codpiece - 40 Knight
Gritkicker - 40 Slayer

Vdova

Post#5 » Thu Nov 17, 2016 6:51 am

Wasnt idea making melee heals viable by nerfing its dmg by 50%, but make it heal for more thru absorbs and mitigation? Now You removed absorb part, so only mitigation remains. Not that good trade off I must admit :-/
Vdova - Witch elf princess of suffer and despair

roadkillrobin

Post#6 » Thu Nov 17, 2016 7:20 am

I think this is gonna force dps gear and make what I liked about the changes in the first place, the reward of being on the frontline and able to havee consistant healoutput even tho you're massivly receptive to ranged dps, melee dps and CC' spam gone. A step backwards imo. I hope atleast all melee stats convert now aswell as all healing stats when changing playstyle.

sweetest

Post#7 » Thu Nov 17, 2016 7:37 am

played with the changes for a bit now and while at first i didn't think i would like it that much i can say it definitely works and is definitely a lot of fun in both stances, however

I feel like the 30 second timer on changing prayers is too long, i feel like i am either stuck in healing mode for an engagement or stuck in dps mode, if i switch to healing too early my group loses a ton of dmg and sometimes targets don't die, if i try to switch out of healing mode to strategically get the kill on a target we're now focusing, i get caught with no aoe detaunt and killed quite easily.

i was thinking 10 second cooldown would be all right but that might be too little 15 seconds seems a good medium to me.

besides that changing stances on the fly adds to the skill ceiling of the class rather than just being in one for a battle.

Kali14
Banned

Post#8 » Thu Nov 17, 2016 7:59 am

I think this going in the good way :). Undefenable attacks which always critically hits, have +40% to damages, heal for 550% damages deal etc...is awesome thing. LOL

Ads
Sigimund

Post#9 » Thu Nov 17, 2016 8:03 am

Kali14 wrote:I think this going in the good way :). Undefenable attacks which always critically hits, have +40% to damages, heal for 550% damages deal etc...is awesome thing. LOL
I'm fairly sure that you don't think that all of those things apply to any single ability or even one stance.

Tesq

Post#10 » Thu Nov 17, 2016 8:44 am

chalice change is much appreciate