Ads

Changelog 18/11/16

Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Azarael

Changelog 18/11/16

Post#1 » Fri Nov 18, 2016 1:22 am

[General]

Fixed a threading issue crashing the server.

[Open RvR]

AoE cannons will no longer deal bonus damage with AAO. The damage will be reduced by enemy AAO as normal.
If a keep is under attack, the rate at which it respawns siege weapons will be reduced by 3.
Supplies returned while a keep is unsafe will not count towards lifting the upkeep drain if they are wholly consumed to repair the door.
Tweaked the conditions for a keep remaining unsafe.

[Experimental Mode]

The cooldown mechanics for Prayers and Covenants have been adjusted. All switches invoke a 15s CD, except when leaving Celerity or Righteousness, in which case Celerity and Righteousness go on a 5 minute CD instead.

Switching to or from Celerity or Righteousness will consume all Righteous Fury or Soul Essence.

Will revisit this a bit later.

Ads
sweetest

Re: Changelog 18/11/16 2: Electric Boogaloo

Post#2 » Fri Nov 18, 2016 1:31 am

ahhh this is the complete exact direction i was hoping you would not take the class. i dont think nerfing the abiliity to change stances is the way to go about curbing the power. I will still be able to tank the full scenario in pug nordenwatches with a guard, all this does is reduce the QoL for the class and force you to either play DD or healer one at a time, which prior to experimental mode i played DD and healer at the same time, which I could do now albeit a little more rough with the 30 sec CD.

this 5 minute CD literally is going to force me to pick DD or healer for the entire scenario and that's just not the class i signed up to play.

Again I think what made the class too powerful was the combination of incredibly high healing and undefendables heals. not the ability to change stances and do additional damage.

Jzoo

Post#3 » Fri Nov 18, 2016 1:38 am

let it ride for some time and see how it effects the game. Then maybe they will change it back. Or maybe you will like it.

Azarael

Post#4 » Fri Nov 18, 2016 1:40 am

If you want to do both, emulate DoK by running Righteousness with a Wrath/Grace or Grace/Wrath spec and appropriate tactics. It was never my aim to create a class that was excellent at healing and DPS at the same time, which was what was happening.

As previously stated, undefendable healing in Devotion and Vitality isn't the flaw, because they are meant to be used for melee healing. If anything, it's the damage in those stances. I don't set out to build hybrid classes because this game is one that rewards pures, and this class is one that people expect to heal, so Righteousness/Celerity with conventional DoK-type spec is all I can advise.

sweetest

Post#5 » Fri Nov 18, 2016 1:43 am

don't need to let it ride to know what's going to happen here.

this morning with a guard, neither of us using a voice chat program, queueing into pug nordenwatch scenarios i was able to consistently and quite literally, tank their whole team.

back myself up onto a wall or the boat by the barracks with my guard next to me, and spam radiance / divine assault on a target for full undefendable healing, rapidly healing myself for 2k+ , and I was even able to type out to the enemy team and tell them how funny I thought it was that i was tanking the whole scenario. Literally 2v12. No exaggeration here.

This is still going to be 100% possible. this is what people are complaining about.
Last edited by sweetest on Fri Nov 18, 2016 2:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

Azarael

Re: Changelog 18/11/16

Post#6 » Fri Nov 18, 2016 1:45 am

If you can hit 2k off either a Radiance or a DA without a scenario damage buff, I'd love to see it.

sweetest

Post#7 » Fri Nov 18, 2016 1:56 am

radiances were healing for 1100-1300 and DA was high 1700s 2k might have been a slight exaggeration but im factoring in things like the HoT with increased willpower and the proc off the melee swings.

i think people will still complain just as much because the problem of having an unkillable duo god combo is still going to exist.
i don't feel like arguing my point anymore really because i know you will do whatever it is you want to do anyway.

all i can say is i am very dissapointed by this change so much so that i don't even want to play. not that anyone cares and i know it makes me sound like a little bitch.

edit: and i'd just like to clarify that prior to experimental i was playing a class that did excellent healing and good damage all at the same time, it was my favorite class and style to play, and that playstyle is now dead pretty much.

Twyxx

Post#8 » Fri Nov 18, 2016 2:37 am

Sidenote: Thanks for the frequent updates.
too bad my ping sux

Ads
Rhombutts

Post#9 » Fri Nov 18, 2016 2:41 am

Azarael wrote: As previously stated, undefendable healing in Devotion and Vitality isn't the flaw.
Except it is the flaw,

I like that it doesn't heal off absorbs now, but not every class can have an absorb up at any time. The undefendable healing rewards bad players for choosing lousy targets like tanks, not only that but the only direct counter now is ranged, they can't get bullied around by tanks anymore. Yesterday as order, we had multiple scenarios where 3 doks were guarded in a melee train and were practically immortal. I don't mind the righteousness buffs, but going to prayer of devotion instantly makes you win. It would be better in my opinion to have the AoE detaunt in prayer of righteousness since the buffs give you more burst and a charge, and chances are you're going to be focused. Yesterday a WP could switch from Righteousness to Devotion and spam Sigmar's Radiance and never die.

I don't see what the point to a 5 minute CD on switching prayers is going to fix, if you're trying to stop people switching from Righteousness to Devotion so they're killable, then they're just going to stay in devotion. Devotion offers so much more survivability and healing. The point of having such drastic changes in each prayer was to be able to switch your role on the fly, if you enforce such a long CD, people will just stay in one prayer, it defeats the purpose of being a hybrid. People can port to Altdorf and respec before the timer is up.

And in regard to what sweet said about tanking the whole scenario, I've also guarded another WP in a SC while he was in devotion and all he did was spam Sigmar's Radiance and Divine Assault to keep us both up. We went to their WC in serpent's passage and slowly backed up to our own completely fine.

forsa

Post#10 » Fri Nov 18, 2016 2:50 am

Most of my WP/DoK friends cry about this changes, but imo its pretty ok, apart from few instances.
Cd was ok ,imho, 15 seconds are too fast and 5min - logout is the new way to change back to C/R .
Grace tree seems bit op - my 32 lvl WP heals 700-1.1k per Rad strike (while i still struggle to find a niche for SShield).
The thing that truly bothers me - undefendable. Being able to ignore mdd morale and parry/counter tactic combo while effectivly healing yourself for the sole reason of "What if target guarded?" logic seem bit , uh wrong? With heals THAT strong 50% are managable, and you can just hit any tank. (Bubble=no heal, on the other hand - are WP/DoK vampires now?).
WH/WE and WL are getting shortest straw, while WP/DoK get that Get Out Of Jail Free Card.
Last edited by forsa on Fri Nov 18, 2016 3:14 am, edited 3 times in total.