Recent Topics

Ads

Changelog 29/11/16

Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Dabbart

Re: Changelog 29/11/16

Post#101 » Tue Nov 29, 2016 8:19 pm

I like the wounds debuff system. Admittedly, I am working so can't test it. But it fits with breaking up the stale mates quite well. I liked a system that was tied to BOs and supplies, but AAO works as well. individual groups just have less control over it.

One point in the AAO however, if he system stays, could we get players recently killed to count as active In zone for a period? Would be rough to have an equality fight, lose a few pugs have them respawns then you now have AAO til they run back into the lakes, so you get a debuff more die, and you hit a downward spiral..

Pet fixes make me happy in the pants!

As for the rest of the issues... I won't comment. Not in an active orvr guild.

Thanks for the patch

Note, those just in Wc shouldn't be counted. This should only count those that recently died. I would say for the same time as the death wounds debuff.
Azarael wrote: It's only a nerf if you're bad.

(see, I can shitpost too!)
Secrets wrote: Kindly adjust your attitude to actually help the community and do not impose your will on it. You aren't as powerful as you think.

Ads
roadkillrobin

Post#102 » Tue Nov 29, 2016 8:22 pm

Glorian wrote:I don't get the hate on wound debuff in conjunction with AAO.

100% AAO means you have double the players.

For example 100 destros.
On Order 50 players.

So in a Perfect Chess World destro would be debuffed on 50% on wounds.
So all 100 destros and 50 orders have the same total wounds in the realm.

But being in a lot more players, organize and coordinate players is harder you will get an bonus to 80% of your wounds.
A wounds buff would make more sence to the underdog in that case . People won't play a game were you get two shotted. It's that simple.

Akalukz

Post#103 » Tue Nov 29, 2016 8:24 pm

roadkillrobin wrote:

For example 100 destros.
On Order 50 players.

But being in a lot more players, organize and coordinate players is harder you will get an bonus to 80% of your wounds.
A wounds buff would make more sence to the underdog in that case . People won't play a game were you get two shotted. It's that simple.
that's what i have been saying, buff the underdog
-= Agony =-

wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#104 » Tue Nov 29, 2016 8:29 pm

Akalukz wrote:
roadkillrobin wrote:

For example 100 destros.
On Order 50 players.

Instead of a 50% wounds debuff, we should give the underdogs a 200% damage buff.

Same effect, but it feels a little better to not be debuffed?
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog

roadkillrobin

Post#105 » Tue Nov 29, 2016 8:34 pm

Akalukz wrote:
roadkillrobin wrote:

For example 100 destros.
On Order 50 players.

The allready did that with AoE hitcap increases. Wich is all they needed to do. It' doesn't screw with TTK or indvidual dps. Wich doesn't screw with the dps ballance of the game. But a wounds buff or debuff will do that. Wich is what people don't really like. So it really needs to be AoE cap increase or wounds buff. The debuff just doesn't work due to morales. And it also have a massive impact on the ganking scene. Wich isn't good for in a ORVR community. A wounds buff has less impact on this. But when you combine AoE hitcap increase with Wounds buff/debuff it just becomes way to much of a swing.

roadkillrobin

Post#106 » Tue Nov 29, 2016 8:41 pm

Spoiler:
wargrimnir wrote:
Akalukz wrote:
roadkillrobin wrote:
Instead of a 50% wounds debuff, we should give the underdogs a 200% damage buff.
Same effect, but it feels a little better to not be debuffed?[/quote]

No it would be just as bad as the wounds debuff. The AoE hitcap is enough. It solves the issue.
If you fight 24v48 and have 100% AAO you can hit 18 of theirs while they can only hit 9 of yours. They will have more damage output then you sure. But more numbers have to count for something in this game. Anything else would be unballanced.

Akalukz

Post#107 » Tue Nov 29, 2016 8:45 pm

wargrimnir wrote:
Akalukz wrote:
roadkillrobin wrote:

Same effect, but it feels a little better to not be debuffed?
It does feel better to be NOT be debuffed, I wouldn't do any sort of damage modification. The problem with Zerg is TTL. Those not zerging have very little TTL, how do you expand TTL without messing with modifications of Damgae / Heal.... Wounds Buff . None of which messed with the damage/heal balance, just TTL in ORvR for an underdog side.

Edited.

V V Agreed, AoE cap removal is not enough, if your 12 man get's hit by 2 wbs you have 1-2 GCD to stop the flow, 90% of groups are dead, there just isn't enough time to react to that amount of damage. Increase your wounds by 50% or more tied to AAO and all of the sudden you can get 3-4 maybe even more GCD. If the zerg knows they aren't going to roll over a group, it will slow down.
Last edited by Akalukz on Tue Nov 29, 2016 9:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-= Agony =-

Glorian

Post#108 » Tue Nov 29, 2016 8:52 pm

Numbers count if you have double the players and only get reduced to 80% instead of 50% or 65%.
Or the underdog doesn't get full double hitpoints.

And please tell me how I should hit 18 players with an 20 feet radius attack?

If they line up in orderly fashion maybe. Or an AoE Slayer with 18 players around him and not killing him in 0.5 secs. Still you have double healers and double DDs to hit on the Slayer.

AoE cap alone doesn't make it imo.

Ads
SpacestarKid

Post#109 » Tue Nov 29, 2016 9:03 pm

Offtop
Spoiler:
Aza will never stop... Not far from patch when SW will get 200ft knockdown.
If you know its offtopic then dont post, especially in a patch note, if it happens again an official warning will be given - Natherul
Shogun, Zama, Mashka, Antifreeze, Alcotester

roadkillrobin

Post#110 » Tue Nov 29, 2016 9:08 pm

Glorian wrote:Numbers count if you have double the players and only get reduced to 80% instead of 50% or 65%.
Or the underdog doesn't get full double hitpoints.

And please tell me how I should hit 18 players with an 20 feet radius attack?

If they line up in orderly fashion maybe. Or an AoE Slayer with 18 players around him and not killing him in 0.5 secs. Still you have double healers and double DDs to hit on the Slayer.

AoE cap alone doesn't make it imo.
You havee to remember that collition is also a factor, to many players and they will have issues with actually getting into melee range of you if you have good positioning. It's the con of the zerg and should be aswell as it's realistic. You gonna have much easier to hit 18 of them, then they gonna do with hitting 9 of yours with all their forces. Thats how it ballance out.