Changelog 29/11/16

Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Nycta

Re: Changelog 29/11/16

Post#161 » Thu Dec 01, 2016 5:18 pm

Penril wrote:
Bowme wrote:
Lektroluv wrote:(..)right now is much better stop play SH and try other classes.
This is partially true and a big problem. It's also something that Devs don't want as their goal was to make each class playable and (as for dps classes) capable of dealing solid damage (hence Engie-Magus buff). That's why we're posting here. Bringing arguments into this discussion. Pointing out that last change was a bit too much.

And this also applies to WL pet dmg nerf imo.
It's not true at all. Last night I saw several SHs doing fine in RvR and SCs. I played mine as well.

Pet doing low damage? True, it might need some adjusting in the near future. We need constructive criticism for that.

SH class dead, like some people in this thread say? No. Not one bit.
Dead, no, gimped for sure. And unfairly as well. And no, having a SH yourself is not a valid argument by itself.

Squig herder's role was obviously to apply constant range pressure and push to turn the tide. Range change heavily cripples that for the reasons mentioned above.

By the way, if you want constructive criticism and feedback, you should treat it accordingly.
Last edited by Nycta on Thu Dec 01, 2016 5:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Yipikaye - "It doesn't taste like chicken!.."
Play - "Winds of Insanity trololol, omnomnom!"
Nycta - "Not again!.."
Jumaru - "Tenderness beats harshness!"
Oblivion - *Beckons..*

KnockedDown N :x :D bz

Ads
Penril

Post#162 » Thu Dec 01, 2016 5:21 pm

Nycta wrote: Dead, no, gimped for sure. And unfairly as well. And no, having a SH yourself is not a valid argument by itself.
Cool. We await any constructive criticism. But we are done with the "Cataclysmic nerf!!!! CLASS IS DEAD" crap posts.

Theseus

Post#163 » Thu Dec 01, 2016 5:21 pm

My idea, which I wanted to post in my WL Pet damage thread now, if it wouldnt had been closed, would be to link the pet DPS to the owners weapon... so if the weapon has 78DPS the pet has also 78 dps. It would be less than the 100 which is at least for now clearly to high, but it is high enough that a pet makes sense ans it is thought in war obviously.... as a contributer to the damage of the class. The beauty of it is, that the damage isnt so ridiculous high in lower levels and gets higher with better gear.... in the same pace the better gear of the other classes neglect the damage from the pet.
Andyrion Ulthenair
Arphyrion Soulblade

Penril

Post#164 » Thu Dec 01, 2016 5:25 pm

Theseus wrote:My idea, which I wanted to post in my WL Pet damage thread now, if it wouldnt had been closed, would be to link the pet DPS to the owners weapon... so if the weapon has 78DPS the pet has also 78 dps. It would be less than the 100 which is at least for now clearly to high, but it is high enough that a pet makes sense ans it is thought in war obviously.... as a contributer to the damage of the class. The beauty of it is, that the damage isnt so ridiculous high in lower levels and gets higher with better gear.... in the same pace the better gear of the other classes neglect the damage from the pet.
Was this posted in the Balance discussion/Proposals forum? If you make one there following the format I will look into it.

Nycta

Post#165 » Thu Dec 01, 2016 5:27 pm

Spoiler:
Penril wrote:
Nycta wrote: Dead, no, gimped for sure. And unfairly as well. And no, having a SH yourself is not a valid argument by itself.
Cool. We await any constructive criticism. But we are done with the "Cataclysmic nerf!!!! CLASS IS DEAD" crap posts.
You await, still? Careful, this is Washington-ism. Just empty words flying around. You were given feedback, prognosis and valid arguments. Personally I have nothing more to add, at least not yet. Your turn.
User has been issued a warning for this post - Penril.
Yipikaye - "It doesn't taste like chicken!.."
Play - "Winds of Insanity trololol, omnomnom!"
Nycta - "Not again!.."
Jumaru - "Tenderness beats harshness!"
Oblivion - *Beckons..*

KnockedDown N :x :D bz

Theseus

Post#166 » Thu Dec 01, 2016 5:28 pm

Penril wrote:
Theseus wrote:My idea, which I wanted to post in my WL Pet damage thread now, if it wouldnt had been closed, would be to link the pet DPS to the owners weapon... so if the weapon has 78DPS the pet has also 78 dps. It would be less than the 100 which is at least for now clearly to high, but it is high enough that a pet makes sense ans it is thought in war obviously.... as a contributer to the damage of the class. The beauty of it is, that the damage isnt so ridiculous high in lower levels and gets higher with better gear.... in the same pace the better gear of the other classes neglect the damage from the pet.
Was this posted in the Balance discussion/Proposals forum? If you make one there following the format I will look into it.
No it was in the feedback section. I made some screens to show that the damage is to low..... and well, I guess you can guess what happened.... so Natherul closed the thread befor I could get home from work, where I had the idea today.
Andyrion Ulthenair
Arphyrion Soulblade

Bowme

Post#167 » Thu Dec 01, 2016 5:30 pm

Penril wrote:
Bowme wrote: I never said it's a dead class. SHs that have been playing this class for a while won't have bigger problems. We can adjust. I was talking about new SHs or ppl wanting to start one. It's not an easy class to play when you just started. And now they will think twice before making one.

I don't understand... if experienced SHs won't have any major issues, then what's the problem?

As for people not starting SHs because of this, too bad. It's exactly for cases like this one (a class going through a buff/nerf/fix) that we need TESTERS. If people are gonna ragequit the moment something is changed, then... bye, i guess?
Let me explain this way. Experienced Magus and Engi players were still playing their classes even when they were terribly weak, broken and did almost no dmg. That is not a reason to keep status quo which the RoR Crew proved by implementing a major buff for those classes.

Penril

Post#168 » Thu Dec 01, 2016 5:38 pm

Theseus wrote:
Penril wrote:
No it was in the feedback section. I made some screens to show that the damage is to low..... and well, I guess you can guess what happened.... so Natherul closed the thread befor I could get home from work, where I had the idea today.
He probably closed it because it was a balance discussion out of the Balance Forums. Like I said, make a coherent proposal there and I will look into it.
Bowme wrote:
Let me explain this way. Experienced Magus and Engi players were still playing their classes even when they were terribly weak, broken and did almost no dmg. That is not a reason to keep status quo which the RoR Crew proved by implementing a major buff for those classes.
Fair enough. If pets are really that weak now, I would appreciate someone making a proposal in the Balance Forum, respecting the format, so we can discuss some solutions there.

Ads
Theseus

Post#169 » Thu Dec 01, 2016 5:41 pm

Penril wrote:
Theseus wrote:
Penril wrote:
He probably closed it because it was a balance discussion out of the Balance Forums. Like I sai, make a coherent proposal there and I will look into it.
Actually he closed it because SH and WL got at each others throat who got it worse.... or at least it sounded for me so.

I will make a proposal in the balance forums the next few hours.
Andyrion Ulthenair
Arphyrion Soulblade

Natherul
Former Staff

Post#170 » Thu Dec 01, 2016 6:00 pm

Theseus is partly right with why it was closed coupled with that the discussion was going nowhere and we are aware of the "nerf" to pets and will look into it accordingly.

But in the end you have to understand that we are still ALPHA which means that fixing bugs should and will take priority over most things and that part of the pet code was a bug, it had to change! Now after we can take a step back and see what that did and if/how much we need to tweak to have the balance we are looking for.