Ads

Changelog 03/12/16

Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Genisaurus
Former Staff

Re: Changelog 03/12/16

Post#71 » Mon Dec 05, 2016 7:37 pm

sotora wrote:Problem with elf & orc/dwarf T1 zones is that they are big. Empire is much more compact, so you have plenty of fighting and very little downtime/travelling. Same reason why Ship Capture Point in Empire T1 sees much less players and figthing because travel time and most players stay in area that consist of 2 Capture Points between 2 warcamps.

So elf & dwarf/orc would have to give more renown/influence per kill to match (or even exceed at beggining) empire renown/per hour ratio and thus be attractive to players.
It's not just the size of the zone and the travel time to get to each BO (though that is an equally bad issue), it's the design and placement of the BOs. In empire, they are equidistant from the warcamps and arrayed in a line between the two. In the Elf and Dwarf zones, they are divided into two BOs closer to each warcamp than the other. That doesn't promote fighting over any BOs, it promotes taking 2 and holding them against an enemy that is trying to do the same.

Ads
Grunbag
Former Staff

Post#72 » Mon Dec 05, 2016 7:45 pm

After locking a zone , why don't keep the zone locked until player lock another one ?
Player does have the habit to change anyway , nordland was the only zone for all trial in live , lot of t1 players only knows this zone
Grunbag - 40 - 33 Squig Herder
Skorri - 40 - 65 Engineer

Razielhell
Former Staff

Post#73 » Mon Dec 05, 2016 8:18 pm

Natherul wrote:When I played live I cant remember the other T1 zones used at all for the RVR sadly...

My hope is that with the changes that comes there will be more action in all the lakes, no matter what tier.
We need more people on the server for that :( or else there will be a "chaos" split.
Check Wiki for all available Public Quests!

Natherul
Former Staff

Post#74 » Mon Dec 05, 2016 8:26 pm

Razielhell wrote:
Natherul wrote:When I played live I cant remember the other T1 zones used at all for the RVR sadly...

My hope is that with the changes that comes there will be more action in all the lakes, no matter what tier.
We need more people on the server for that :( or else there will be a "chaos" split.

I did not mean at the same time...

flintboth

Post#75 » Mon Dec 05, 2016 9:00 pm

And if you change the rule like :
For T1 Dwarf/greenskin, destruction players must lock the both Battle Objectives on Ekrund and Order players must lock the BO on Mount blood Horn.
The first Realm who lock the both BO on the other map win.
Like a run and they must choose the good way, many thing can happen and it's not too long, require not a ton of players.
That mean players must go fast to Greenskin/Dwarf maps or they lose the zone.
monkey 079 (test failure - escaped)

Gerv
Banned

Post#76 » Tue Dec 06, 2016 5:57 am

They tried opening the other maps in t1 and giving no rewards in Empire when locked but players refused to move to other zones so the devs just reverted the changes.
Sia - DoK - Lords
Boyd - WP - O.S.

flintboth

Post#77 » Tue Dec 06, 2016 7:25 am

Yes but if you create some fun in the rules, the game can interest some or many players.
RvR rules for Chaos/Empire are ok but for the other zone these rules are probably not apropriate.
Many players prefer stay on T1 Chaos/Empire to fight, nice for them, let them fight where they like, Why forced players.

And other players who want some change can travel for low price to an other zone to test some new change, new rules, rules can change every month or ...

Why not try on Dark Elf/Hight Elf maps a rule to bring the both flags from the other map to their warcamp, added a teleport flag warcamp>>>mibble zone RvR, work only in one sense.

"war report" was a good thing to folow the battle in an other zone.
monkey 079 (test failure - escaped)

sotora

Post#78 » Tue Dec 06, 2016 8:48 am

Genisaurus wrote:
sotora wrote:Problem with elf & orc/dwarf T1 zones is that they are big. Empire is much more compact, so you have plenty of fighting and very little downtime/travelling. Same reason why Ship Capture Point in Empire T1 sees much less players and figthing because travel time and most players stay in area that consist of 2 Capture Points between 2 warcamps.

So elf & dwarf/orc would have to give more renown/influence per kill to match (or even exceed at beggining) empire renown/per hour ratio and thus be attractive to players.
It's not just the size of the zone and the travel time to get to each BO (though that is an equally bad issue), it's the design and placement of the BOs. In empire, they are equidistant from the warcamps and arrayed in a line between the two. In the Elf and Dwarf zones, they are divided into two BOs closer to each warcamp than the other. That doesn't promote fighting over any BOs, it promotes taking 2 and holding them against an enemy that is trying to do the same.
True. BO placement is also bad. Generally badly designed rvr lakes there which is a shame cause Nordland 100% get really old after a while.

Ads
Dresden
Banned

Post#79 » Tue Dec 06, 2016 10:05 am

Natherul wrote:[ORvR]
Azarael
-Merged T2 and T3.
-Open world cap change. T1 1-15, T2 and T3 16-30, T4 31-40. Does not affect scenarios.
O. M. G.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

DEBOLSTER GUILDS! WE SHALL HAVE THEM!

Jeez... i've got work to do here...

Did i? is it? what?

viewtopic.php?f=15&t=18698&p=203517#p203517
Last edited by Dresden on Mon Feb 13, 2017 8:13 pm, edited 3 times in total.
. -= Cult Of Chaos =- GUILD -= Cult Leader =- . -= Kagaz Wrathson - The Decioblidevannihilator - Black Orc =- .
. -= Dresden RoR Info - 4 pins and counting! =- . #WAAAGH ^_^ #AllSilenceIsGolden @_Q

Vandoles

Post#80 » Tue Dec 06, 2016 10:18 am

Grunbag wrote:After locking a zone , why don't keep the zone locked until player lock another one ?
Player does have the habit to change anyway , nordland was the only zone for all trial in live , lot of t1 players only knows this zone
Honestly, I quite like this idea, but as people said, there has to be some changes in the zone placement.

Perhaps have only two BOs? In Nordland fight is divided between two anyway, the ship is just a chore you finish to get the lock renown. I don't have the game open in front of me to see the map, but if at least one of the zones could have the actual fighting zone made smaller so that you'd always find a fight, aka nordland between festenplatz and the harvest shrine, you'd see people going there. Especially if they had to lock it too to get Nordland unlocked.