Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Natherul
Former Staff

Changelog 06/12/2016

Post#1 » Tue Dec 06, 2016 10:34 pm

[Combat and Careers]
Azarael
General

- Fixed an issue causing many buffs not to have a mastery tree association for the purpose of events which check mastery tree association for damage, and for tactics which affects buffs and abilities of a particular mastery tree.
- Fixed an oversight which caused tactics and modifiers designed to affect buffs of a particular mastery tree not to work at all on them.
- Fixed an issue causing pets not to use radius abilities outside of melee range.
- You will no longer gain any kind of career mechanic points while dead.
- When logging in a career which has been changed on this server, a message is displayed indicating this fact and how to view the changeset.
- Entering the command .ab changelist shows any global changes, i.e. those not related to experimental mode, present on the server for the career you are currently playing as.

Engineer

- The cooldown of Snipe is once again 10 seconds.
- The cooldown of Phosphorous Shells is now 10 seconds.
- PENDING: [The Gun Turret skill "Machine Gun" hits half as often for twice as much damage.]
- The cooldown of the Flame Turret's Flamethrower is now 2 seconds instead of 5.
- When summoning a turret of a different type than the last, all stacks of Improvised Upgrades are lost.
- Each turret now has a distinct set of bonuses granted by Improvised Upgrade stacks:

Gun Turret (Sniper)

- Improves your range, PENDING: [and that of your turret,] by 5% per stack to a maximum of 40%.

Bombardment Turret (Mobility / DoT)

- When you are within 26-50 feet of your turret, you will neither lose nor gain Improvised Upgrades stacks.
- Improves your turret's range by 5% per stack to a maximum of 40%.
- Provided you have at least one Improvised Upgrade stack, allows you to use Path of the Grenadier skills while moving.
- Shortens the duration and tick interval of Path of the Grenadier and Tinkerer DoTs by approximately 5% per stack for a maximum reduction of 35%.

Flame Turret (Defensive Close Combat AoE)

- Improves your chance to Dodge and Disrupt by 6% PENDING: 4% per stack to a maximum of 48% PENDING: 32%.
- Improves your turret's chance to Dodge and Disrupt by 10% per stack to a maximum of 80%.
- Providing you have at least one Improvised Upgrade stack, allows you to use Path of the Grenadier skills while moving.
- Increases the radius of any of your AoE skills by 6.25% per stack to a maximum of 50%.
- Increases your AoE cap by 2 per stack.
- Reduces your cast range by 5% per stack to a minimum of 60% of its normal value.

Magus

- The cooldown of Bolt of Change is once again 10 seconds.
- The cooldown of the Blue Horror's Warping Energy is now 2 seconds instead of 5.
- When summoning a daemon of a different type than the last, all stacks of Unholy Empowerment are lost.
- Each daemon now has a distinct set of bonuses granted by Unholy Empowerment stacks:

Pink Horror (Sniper)

- Improves your range, and that of your daemon, by 5% per stack to a maximum of 40%.

Flamer (Mobility / DoT)

- When you are within 26-50 feet of your daemon, you will neither lose nor gain Unholy Empowerment stacks.
- Improves your daemon's range by 5% per stack to a maximum of 40%.
- Provided you have at least one Unholy Empowerment stack, allows you to use Path of Changing skills while moving (with the exception of Indigo fire of Change).
- Shortens the duration and tick interval of Path of Changing and Daemonology DoTs by approximately 5% per stack for a maximum reduction of 35%.

Blue Horror (Defensive Close Combat AoE)

- Improves your chance to Dodge and Disrupt by 6% PENDING: 4% per stack to a maximum of 48% PENDING: 32%.
- Improves your daemon's chance to Dodge and Disrupt by 10% per stack to a maximum of 80%.
- Providing you have at least one Unholy Empowerment stack, allows you to use Path of Changing skills while moving.
- Increases the radius of any of your AoE skills by 6.25% per stack to a maximum of 50%.
- Increases your AoE cap by 2 per stack.
- Reduces your cast range by 5% per stack to a minimum of 60% of its normal value.

[Scenarios]
Azarael
- Fixed an issue causing players to fail to enter scenarios correctly and not to be considered part of the scenario.

[Open RvR]
Azarael
- Battlefield Objectives now have their base rewards calibrated for 20% of a realm's population being present during capture time. If there are more players on the objective than this, the rewards will be reduced proportionally.

Ads
Sigimund

Re: Changelog 06/12/2016

Post#2 » Tue Dec 06, 2016 10:39 pm

Does improvised upgrades still increase damage?

Natherul
Former Staff

Post#3 » Tue Dec 06, 2016 10:44 pm

Sigimund wrote:Does improvised upgrades still increase damage?
Affermative

TenTonHammer

Post#4 » Tue Dec 06, 2016 10:44 pm

What was wrong with mag/engie after their buffs that cause you to make all these changes az?

Just curious

Sigimund

Post#5 » Tue Dec 06, 2016 10:45 pm

Thanks. So engi has offensive, defensive and "king of the castle!" stances now.

peterthepan3

Post#6 » Tue Dec 06, 2016 10:58 pm

Might I enquire as to why Bolt's CD was reverted? Given that Havoc magi will not benefit from improved dots, I think Bolt should still be on a 5sec cd so as to allow the spec to carry on functioning as a stationary long range dps, especially given how meh FRF is/situational MBF is. Magus ST burst rotation is very reliant on Bolt - and incredibly situational as it is. As far as I'm aware, most people didn't mind the 5sec cd but given these new changes perhaps there's a reason as to why it was reverted (fears of making the class too op, perhaps? )

Good changes, aside. Good job.

faiden

Post#7 » Tue Dec 06, 2016 11:31 pm

Indigo fire of change not usable on the move
faiden@Quakenet#martys_square
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LRq_SAu ... tu.be&t=73
https://www.twitch.tv/faidentv
Patch Notes 7/1/17 wrote:- Bugman's Best now heals group members instead of all allies

Ravai

Post#8 » Tue Dec 06, 2016 11:43 pm

peterthepan3 wrote:Might I enquire as to why Bolt's CD was reverted? Given that Havoc magi will not benefit from improved dots, I think Bolt should still be on a 5sec cd so as to allow the spec to carry on functioning as a stationary long range dps, especially given how meh FRF is/situational MBF is. Magus ST burst rotation is very reliant on Bolt - and incredibly situational as it is. As far as I'm aware, most people didn't mind the 5sec cd but given these new changes perhaps there's a reason as to why it was reverted (fears of making the class too op, perhaps? )

Good changes, aside. Good job.
Pretty much this, without the short cooldown on bolt of change havoc specced magus are pretty much useless for 10 seconds as their only dmg comes from burst combined with that skill. (the kill is still not guaranteed remember). So the sorc again pulls ahead in ranged magic dps due to burst mobility and multiple burst rotations (wop/vot), I felt they were equal before this change and had a proper counter (kill pet or pressure the magus who has to be stationary).

Now onto the pet changes which I have to say are great ideas and open up potential for some really fun plays, love your thought processes here and with a little tweaking your definately onto something, I did breifly test this ingame and have a few constructive critisisms which hinder most specificly the flamer pet, the other 2 pets are spot on.

- Without stacks you cant cast skills on the move, so you have to be next to pet all the time stationary, the only reason you'd switch to this pet in the first place is to kite. Tested this with instant pet also and recasting pet every few gcds but couldnt put out any realistic dps I just couldnt build stacks. The magus without stacks is TERRIBLE and I mean terrible, no stacks is just pitiful damage compared to sorc, if you cant realisticly build stacks with the flamer pet through kiting your almost better off maintaining stacks with pink horror and managing them that way with resummon, range is also awful with unstacked changing skills which is a hinderance in itself.

+ Solution to this would be enable a 1stack minimum whenever you have the flamer pet active regardless of range and potentially increase the stack buildup time? This doesnt fix the awful range/damage but makes them atleast able to nuke on the move
properly. (couldn't build enough stacks to test the improved dot frequency being too close and stationary for 16secs, easy target)

+ Or Increase the range at which stacks falloff when flamer pet is active to make kiting with this pet more viable.

Again, love the direction your taking with the engi/magus pets, making what was once a very boring class incredibly fun! :)
Last edited by Ravai on Wed Dec 07, 2016 12:02 am, edited 3 times in total.
Gitrate - Rysto - Nuclearpotato - Tato - Billsmith - Avgor - Svarz - Svz - Dug - Mrglass - Ravz - Ripgor

Ads
Ravai

Post#9 » Tue Dec 06, 2016 11:50 pm

double post
Gitrate - Rysto - Nuclearpotato - Tato - Billsmith - Avgor - Svarz - Svz - Dug - Mrglass - Ravz - Ripgor

Fey

Post#10 » Wed Dec 07, 2016 12:17 am

I love the direction you're taking turrets. If only gobbos could be maguses.
Fley - Zealot Domoarigobbo - Shaman
Squid - Squig Squit - B.O.
Black Toof Clan