Ads

Patchnotes 15/12/16

Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Azarael

Patchnotes 15/12/16

Post#1 » Thu Dec 15, 2016 12:30 pm

[Experimental Mode]
  • Experimental Mode for WP and DoK has been withdrawn until the patcher is available.
Before you cheer (or groan depending on which camp you are in), let me set out the situation.

This is a temporary action, which I'm taking because the limitations of present melee healing skills can't be dealt with before client control. The goal for WP and DoK, however, remains the same, which is to force these classes to use their casted heals and melee heals within the same build, as a frontline healer, with a lean towards either casted or melee healing as defined by mastery spec, rather than them being extremes of melee healing and casted healing.

This isn't a U-turn and it certainly doesn't mean that backline WP and DoK are being endorsed or that they represent our path forward. They don't, and future builds may not even support the idea of backlining if the melee component can be made to work.

As soon as I have the ability to deal with S'R and TE, the mode will be restored.

[Combat and Careers]

Warrior Priest
  • Warrior Priest two-handed weapons will no longer confer the AoE detaunt.
  • Intimidating Repent requires a great weapon to function.
  • Intimidating Repent and the core AA haste tactic Hastened Divinity have been exchanged.
Disciple of Khaine
  • Terrifying Aura requires two swords to function.
  • Terrifying Aura and the core AA haste tactic Khaine's Blessing have been exchanged.
I'm not prepared to completely screw melee healing builds during this downtime, so now the choice is between AoE detaunt and offhand regeneration.

Magus
  • Reverted the swap of Changer's Blessing and Surging Power. The additional effect remains.

Ads
Tankbeardz

Re: Patchnotes 15/12/16

Post#2 » Thu Dec 15, 2016 12:33 pm

Good stuff. My faith in this project is continuing to grow.

kryss

Post#3 » Thu Dec 15, 2016 12:34 pm

I don't have a specific issue with these reverse changes, if you feel ok go forward with them and wait for the right time. I'd like to note though, that a lot has been done to these classes, as for engineers and maguses: maybe it's time to think also about other classes' issues? Hope you got something for them too

Specialpatrol

Post#4 » Thu Dec 15, 2016 12:37 pm

"Intimidating Repent and the core AA haste tactic Hastened Divinity have been exchanged."

Does this mean that dps WPs will now have to spend a Mastery point to get AA haste tactic?
APONYMOUS l WP l R40 l RR8X
BRAKEDOWN l KOTBS l R40 l RR8X
BOILING l BW l R40 l RR8X
PUFFED l SLY l R40 l RR8X
RHYTHM l AM l R40 l RR8X
EEWULL l DOK l R3X l RR4X

Azarael

Post#5 » Thu Dec 15, 2016 12:37 pm

That is correct.

Tiggo
Former Staff

Post#6 » Thu Dec 15, 2016 12:38 pm

kryss wrote:I don't have a specific issue with these reverse changes, if you feel ok go forward with them and wait for the right time. I'd like to note though, that a lot has been done to these classes, as for engineers and maguses: maybe it's time to think also about other classes' issues? Hope you got something for them too

no other classes will never be dealt with NEVER EVER!
- Martock - Tiggo - Antigonos - Mago - Hamilkar - Melquart
- Smooshie (Destro)

Keinhoran

Post#7 » Thu Dec 15, 2016 12:50 pm

But this will decrease the DPS of WP/DoK in tier 3. Forcing them to drop the AA haste tactic.
Is it possible to swap it with another tactic?

Specialpatrol

Post#8 » Thu Dec 15, 2016 12:50 pm

Azarael wrote:That is correct.
So currently a further nerf to dps WPs compared to dps DoKs? Guess it's time to park the WP on the selection screen again. Or equip the book, of course.

And if it stays like this, after exp. changes are reintroduced, then it does seem to severely limit spec builds for dps WPs - because you need to spend so many points in the Wrath tree to be somewhat viable.

You can't spec for Sigmar's Shield, because in exp. mode that's useless for a dps WP (even though in it's original form, I agree, that it's useless for all builds - but a version where it could have been useful for a dps WP would have been preferred) and you can't spec for the good old tri-build, where you pick up the absorb bubble from Salvation and Sigmar's Vision from Grace, without giving up on a needed dps ability/tactic from Wrath.
RHYTHM l AM l R40 l RR8X

Ads
Penril

Post#9 » Thu Dec 15, 2016 12:57 pm

Specialpatrol wrote:
Azarael wrote:That is correct.
So currently a further nerf to dps WPs compared to dps DoKs? Guess it's time to park the WP on the selection screen again. Or equip the book, of course.
Just like .ab ex, this is also for testing purposes. How about we see how it goes for a few weeks, gather feedback, and adjust what's necessary?

Specialpatrol

Post#10 » Thu Dec 15, 2016 12:58 pm

Keinhoran wrote:But this will decrease the DPS of WP/DoK in tier 3. Forcing them to drop the AA haste tactic.
Is it possible to swap it with another tactic?
I'd prefer this as well. Endless Guilt or Charged Fury could be viable candidates.
RHYTHM l AM l R40 l RR8X